• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ESFx?

Nicki

Retired
Alright, fair enough...but where is the intuitive coming from? Aside from ESFx's having difficulty understanding people. Do I have a lot of intuitive traits?

I honestly don't notice many sensor or intuitive traits in what you typed. Could you say a bit more about yourself>

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But how am I ESFP instead of ESFJ?
I put off tasks, sure, and I tend to be messy. But I much prefer an organized environment, I plan my actions before I do them, I complete tasks by splitting them up into segments and taking it one at a time (I'm an awful multitasker).

Ugh, this typing thing is exhausting...

Because of this:

http://www.personalitypage.com/ESFP.html

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
http://www.personalitypage.com/ESFJ.html is also worth looking at.

It could be there is no right answer. That's why I listed three types, in order of strength. It's not as if everybody is a single type. I'm thinking ESFP with ESFJ a close second. People come here conflicted over type because the MBTI leads them to believe there is only one label per person.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
I honestly don't notice many sensor or intuitive traits in what you typed. Could you say a bit more about yourself>

Okay. Uhh, going off what people say about sensing and intuitive traits...
- I think about the future a lot, but usually not the far future, except for fleeting thoughts of "What's going to happen to the world in _____ years?" but I never think about that for extended periods of time.
- I have a great memory for details and facts.
- I highly value common sense.
- I tend to have a good imagination, and I look at everything inquisitively.
- I think pretty much anything can be analyzed.
- I really like it when art isn't concrete with its meaning. However, in all other areas, I like details to be concrete and sure.
- I'm good at memorizing patterns.

http://www.personalitypage.com/ESFJ.html is also worth looking at.

It could be there is no right answer. That's why I listed three types, in order of strength. It's not as if everybody is a single type. I'm thinking ESFP with ESFJ a close second. People come here conflicted over type because the MBTI leads them to believe there is only one label per person.

Yeah, I've read both of them before. As for ESFP - I don't always enjoy being the center of attention, being on stage scares me to no end. I don't hate structure or routine, and even though I sometimes try to go with the flow, I feel much more comfortable planning out what I do before I do it, or at least getting a vague idea of what I'm going to do.

A lot of ESFP traits fit me, but I'm not as fun-oriented as they are, and from what I understand, SPs are usually very impulsive. I'm only impulsive in small things, like "Should I switch up this design?" or something like that, I'm usually pretty good at controlling my impulses.

As for ESFJ, I don't have that external value system, I hate being completely out of control but total control is not necessary for me. Most of the other traits fit me, though.

Nicki

Retired
- I think about the future a lot, but usually not the far future, except for fleeting thoughts of "What's going to happen to the world in _____ years?" but I never think about that for extended periods of time.
- I really like it when art isn't concrete with its meaning. However, in all other areas, I like details to be concrete and sure.

Yeah, I've read both of them before. As for ESFP - I don't always enjoy being the center of attention, being on stage scares me to no end. I don't hate structure or routine, and even though I sometimes try to go with the flow, I feel much more comfortable planning out what I do before I do it, or at least getting a vague idea of what I'm going to do.

A lot of ESFP traits fit me, but I'm not as fun-oriented as they are, and from what I understand, SPs are usually very impulsive. I'm only impulsive in small things, like "Should I switch up this design?" or something like that, I'm usually pretty good at controlling my impulses.

As for ESFJ, I don't have that external value system, I hate being completely out of control but total control is not necessary for me. Most of the other traits fit me, though.

You seem more of a sensor then. Remember usually no one fits descriptions of their MBTI type to a T. I'd say you are an ESFJ.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Well, that's all that matters.

There is a type questionnaire or two stickied in this subforum if you'd care to look into those.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
humanmetrics.com -

ESFJ
Extravert(44%) Sensing(1%) Feeling(38%) Judging(11%)

You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (44%)
You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

It's funny, because today a friend of mine told me I was being insensitive because she was getting upset over a scene in a movie and I thought she needed to get over it. I can be pretty uncaring about the problems of others when I think they're insignificant, but I can get really serious about them when they're a big problem for them. A scene in a movie is not my idea of a big problem, as you can probably see. I can see why some people would think I seem externally cold and uncaring.

Edit -
did another test on kisa.ca

Ta-dah, your personality type is ESFJ!
Extraverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
Sensing (S) 55% Intuitive (N) 45%
Feeling (F) 55% Thinking (T) 45%
Judging (J) 64% Perceiving (P) 36%

And then, weirdly enough, I did another quiz (one that I didn't like very much, I didn't feel like it had fair questions) but I got -
ENFJ: 31%
ESFP: 16%
ENFP: 15%
ESFJ: 9%
ENTJ: 6%

And another...
Extroversion (68%) / Introversion (43%)

Sensation (23%) / Intuition (58%)

Thinking (89%) / Feeling (35%)

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (77%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (48%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (54%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (38%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (30%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (26%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (51%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (38%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - entj

Which is really weird, because I'm not very ENTJ at all.

Extroverted (E) 75% Introverted (I) 25%
Sensing (S) 66.67% Intuitive (N) 33.33%
Thinking (T) 54.17% Feeling (F) 45.83%
Perceiving (P) 50% Judging (J) 50%

Your type is: ESTJ

What the hell is going on with my personality here D:

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
...I'm starting to think I might be primarily thinking rather than feeling. I mean, it's more likely a person would call me cold or insensitive than irrational. I value logic and rationality very highly and I pride myself for being in tune with both of them. Sure, I care about how other people feel and something tells me I should help them when they tell me their problems, but I've always had a very true, realistic view of the world -- not idealistic. I don't like to say things that are intentionally hurtful but I consider myself very assertive and if I think someone needs to get over something, I'll voice that to them completely. I've always thought of myself as a person with a low BS tolerance, and while I can be very sensitive to the feelings of other people and I do care about what they think of me (sometimes too much. It's one of my least favorite qualities about myself), I don't really pay much mind to other people's feelings if I think they're irrational and can't be backed up by logic and facts.

I see getting upset over very small things as childish, and I have no patience for people who are incredibly easily offended. Someone I'm close to is an ENFP who needs you to know exactly how she feels even if she doesn't tell you, and though she denies it I feel as though she bottles up all of her problems with me until I do something that really ticks her off, then she'll just complain about everything she's been holding in for however long. That drives me absolutely insane.

Also, ESFJ/ENFJ both have external value systems, and I have quite an internal value system. I've always had a problem with authority that I didn't respect, and there are few things that tick me off more than people who consider themselves superior to me for whatever reason.

However, I can be really empathetic in some situations, unkindness disturbs me and I can get very upset over the pain and death of people I don't know. I like to be a shoulder my friends can cry on, but I'm also the person they can go to for a reality check, I suppose. It really depends on their problem.

So, what do you guys think? Feeling or Thinking?

ETA: While I was typing up this whole thing, I had been on a voice call with a friend of mine (INFJ). After I finished typing it, she decided she wanted to go because we "weren't really talking :/" and then said she wanted to go anyways because she was tired.
...is that a sign?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"I see getting upset over very small things as childish, and I have no patience for people who are incredibly easily offended." Sounds like ESTJ.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
"I see getting upset over very small things as childish, and I have no patience for people who are incredibly easily offended." Sounds like ESTJ.

Reading descriptions for ESTJ, that could definitely be me...I mean, I'm a major procrastinator and I can be disorganized (well, really, I get disorganized then I organize my mess and the cycle repeats), but I guess the fact that I like to plan things and make lists and I divide tasks up into sections cancels that out. Plus, I'm the most awful multi-tasker.

I don't know, I'm not very aggressive. Assertive, yes, but not aggressive, I go back and forth between being laid back and challenging everyone, based on my mood. I'm not a Type A personality, really, although I wouldn't consider myself a total doormat or anything (not that type B personality people are). I just mean that if I disagree with a person, what they say, or how they treat me or others, I will speak up about it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Reading descriptions for ESTJ, that could definitely be me...I mean, I'm a major procrastinator and I can be disorganized (well, really, I get disorganized then I organize my mess and the cycle repeats), but I guess the fact that I like to plan things and make lists and I divide tasks up into sections cancels that out. Plus, I'm the most awful multi-tasker.

I don't know, I'm not very aggressive. Assertive, yes, but not aggressive, I go back and forth between being laid back and challenging everyone, based on my mood. I'm not a Type A personality, really, although I wouldn't consider myself a total doormat or anything (not that type B personality people are). I just mean that if I disagree with a person, what they say, or how they treat me or others, I will speak up about it.

The "I see getting upset over very small things as childish, and I have no patience for people who are incredibly easily offended" quote has to do with the Fi inferior of Te dom. But that's very formulaic. It doesn't necessarily equate with any particular dominant function. But it does mean that you have Fi inferior. Therefore, the formula suggests you are a Te dominant. However, it's very forceful to state that you are such and such based on a theory.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
The "I see getting upset over very small things as childish, and I have no patience for people who are incredibly easily offended" quote has to do with the Fi inferior of Te dom. But that's very formulaic. It doesn't necessarily equate with any particular dominant function. But it does mean that you have Fi inferior. Therefore, the formula suggests you are a Te dominant. However, it's very forceful to state that you are such and such based on a theory.

So that narrows it down to ESTJ or ENTJ?

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
Did that PerC questionnaire, if that counts for anything.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
7436759120_208f024861.jpg

Beautiful. I really like the colors and the sharpness of the image, I like the clouds and the water and the shape of the bridge. It's not something I desire to look at for a very long time, though, I think I prefer more abstract art, but it's still lovely.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
Initial thoughts: Oh my god, we're going to miss the concert. Oh my god, I've planned this for so long, I wanted this to happen so bad, this isn't happening, there has to be a way to start the car back up. Please, tell me there's a way to start this car up, because if I miss this concert I'm going to throw the biggest fit of my life.
Outward reactions: "...holy (insert long string of expletives here). This isn't happening. This isn't okay. What the hell? What happened? I can't miss this concert." I'd probably end up sitting there in awe, then I'd get out of the car to check and see what happened.

After that, I'd probably start freaking out over where we are, how we're stranded, do we have enough food, are we going to freeze etc. and then I'd check to see if anyone's phones had a signal.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I'd say it sounds like fun! I'd definitely go, why not? That sounds like a positive way to end the night to me. Maybe I would meet someone cool who had similar tastes as me. I'd probably just have a good time anyways.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
Tell them out loud. Maybe not, "Whoa, I disagree with that," but I'd speak up and challenge their claim. Ask them why, try to find out why they think that, and argue my point as well. I mean, if really depends what they said -- if it was a huge moral issue, I'd confront them and something like that could really harm a friendship. If it were unimportant, just a matter of tastes and whatnot, I would say, "Really? Because I think..." etc. and that probably wouldn't get me as upset.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

I mean, I'd speak up about it to whoever said it and make my point in a reasonable, assertive manner. If I couldn't speak up about it to them, I'd probably end up ranting to a close friend of mine about their "idiocy".

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Depends what you mean. I have a lot of different values. I value equality, I value rationality, I value common sense, I value competence, I value open-mindedness, I value sensitivity. My values changing entirely depends on the value and the situation, some of them wouldn't change at all and some of them I could be flexible with. Usually, though, I have my own well-formed opinions and I can be very stubborn about some of them.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be? Why?
I guess I'm a pretty balanced person. I pride myself on my common sense, which seems to be something a lot of people lack.
If I could change something about my personality, I would probably change my lack of will to do things, sometimes. I would like to have a lot of achievements, and I don't always feel like I will achieve them if I don't work harder at them.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I usually follow them if they make sense. If they're completely irrational, I'll try to drive them out of my mind. They're most often triggered when I feel I might be in danger -- as in, should I let myself get close to this person? Are they shady? Could I end up getting hurt? I'm pretty paranoid at times.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
The activities that energize me most are high energy, enjoyable activities that I do with a group. Something fun, involving friends or something, such as a group dinner or a party.
The activities that drain me most are basically anything I'm not interested in. I have difficulty willing myself to become interested in things, which drains me a lot when I have to work on something I don't want to. However, if I'm interested in something, I can definitely follow through on it and get it done. It's really only when I'm forced to do something that it drains me.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I think I can seem very hesitant and introverted to other people, like I'm constantly in deep thought. I'm not sure. It's really when you get to know me better that you find how truly extroverted I am. Sometimes I retreat away from people in the real world, seemingly to be alone, but I'm really contacting friends who aren't in the immediate area, or doing something I enjoy (like finishing a video I want to make, or writing something down, listening to music, etc.)
I only really make a conscious effort to have a deep relationship with people whose personalities I really like. I won't connect fully to a person who's friendly, but vapid and shallow, or who has nothing in common with me, or who is overbearing, et cetera.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Personally you seem to come off ESFJ e1. The not being in control of a problem thing sounds kinda like both ESFP/ESFJ, but most of your points seem to make you out as ESFJ.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
Personally you seem to come off ESFJ e1. The not being in control of a problem thing sounds kinda like both ESFP/ESFJ, but most of your points seem to make you out as ESFJ.

I mean, I wouldn't completely rule it out (well, I don't know. Maybe I would. I can be extremely stubborn at times) but I really don't think I have extroverted feeling at ALL.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I mean, I wouldn't completely rule it out (well, I don't know. Maybe I would. I can be extremely stubborn at times) but I really don't think I have extroverted feeling at ALL.

So you're an ESFP? :smile:

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Convince me that I'm an ESFP, would you? Because I don't see it in myself.

Why do you believe it has to be out of ESFJ and ESFP then? I guess a good first step is to make sure your description isn't biased :)

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
Why do you believe it has to be out of ESFJ and ESFP then? I guess a good first step is to make sure your description isn't biased :)

I don't. If you've read my recent posts, I've changed my mind and I've decided I'm most likely ExTJ, but I think I'm more ExTx in general.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Convince me that I'm an ESFP, would you? Because I don't see it in myself.

Well I think you're an ESFJ, for sure, but now you're saying you don't have Fe, and I've never met you in person, nor even been around you on the forum long, never chatted with you on IM...so maybe you don't have Fe.

But you seem like an ESFJ to me, from what you've described.