• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ESFx?

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
Well I think you're an ESFJ, for sure, but now you're saying you don't have Fe, and I've never met you in person, nor even been around you on the forum long, never chatted with you on IM...so maybe you don't have Fe.

But you seem like an ESFJ to me, from what you've described.

I think it's close for sure, but I definitely don't have Fe after learning more about it. I can be very sensitive to others feelings, but...the Fe is a dealbreaker. ESTJ it is, I suppose. Anyone have input, objections, et cetera?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it's close for sure, but I definitely don't have Fe after learning more about it. I can be very sensitive to others feelings, but...the Fe is a dealbreaker. ESTJ it is, I suppose. Anyone have input, objections, et cetera?

It is what it is.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

I utterly object.

You said:

I have a great deal of empathy. I literally care about everyone, whether I like them as a person or not.

- I'm opinionated, but I will alter what I say to a person based on who I'm talking to, as I tend to avoid conflict.

- However, if necessary, I will face conflict -- having a falling out with a friend upsets me deeply, but I would rather get something out in the open than keep it bottled up forever.

- My friends tend to go to me with their problems, even people I'm not close with sometimes open up to me. Once, I had a friend in a dilemma who asked me what they should do -- when I said I didn't know, they responded (not sarcastically), "Well if YOU don't know what to do, I'm screwed!"

And you said something like empathy being one of your defining characteristics later in the list.

ESTJ does not seem likely for you if you avoid conflict and people you aren't even close to open up to you, among other things.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
I utterly object.

You said:

And you said something like empathy being one of your defining characteristics later in the list.

ESTJ does not seem likely for you if you avoid conflict and people you aren't even close to open up to you, among other things.

Thanks, I object to my previous statement as well. I'm on my phone right now, but as soon as I get home, I'll elaborate.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
Well, I'm back, and I decided that I would start over, because whether it seems like it or not this whole typing process has been driving me up the wall. I've been obsessing over knowing my own type. So, I'll just use this page for reference to help determine my type.

I'm going to italicize the traits that I have from each section, and bold AND italicize the ones that reflect me most.

Extraverted Characteristics

Act first, think/reflect later

Feel deprived when cutoff from interaction with the outside world

Usually open to and motivated by outside world of people and things

Enjoy wide variety and change in people relationships

Introverted Characteristics

Think/reflect first, then Act

Regularly require an amount of "private time" to recharge batteries

Motivated internally, mind is sometimes so active it is "closed" to outside world

Prefer one-to-one communication and relationships

note: When I'm in a bad mood, I tend to completely shut out everyone else out. I usually drown them out with music and withdraw to somewhere private. When I'm in a good mood, I'm upbeat and social.

--

Sensing Characteristics

Mentally live in the Now, attending to present opportunities

Using common sense and creating practical solutions is automatic-instinctual

Memory recall is rich in detail of facts and past events

Best improvise from past experience

Like clear and concrete information; dislike guessing when facts are "fuzzy"

Intuitive Characteristics

Mentally live in the Future, attending to future possibilities

Using imagination and creating/inventing new possibilities is automatic-instinctual

Memory recall emphasizes patterns, contexts, and connections

Best improvise from theoretical understanding

Comfortable with ambiguous, fuzzy data and with guessing its meaning.

notes: This (S/N) has always confused me to no end. I'm very focused on sensations, but I tend to think of things in how they could affect the future. I use common sense regularly, though, rationality is one thing I pride myself on a lot. I enjoy speculating on ideas, although sometimes not knowing the answer to something drives me insane. Sometimes I notice things that nobody else notices, and sometimes I'm completely oblivious to my surroundings. My family tends to think I'm detached because I spend a lot of time inside my head. And I really do mean a lot of time.

--

Thinking Characteristics

Instinctively search for facts and logic in a decision situation.

Naturally notices tasks and work to be accomplished.

Easily able to provide an objective and critical analysis.

Accept conflict as a natural, normal part of relationships with people.

Feeling Characteristics

Instinctively employ personal feelings and impact on people in decision situations.

Naturally sensitive to people needs and reactions.

Naturally seek consensus and popular opinions.

Unsettled by conflict; have almost a toxic reaction to disharmony.

notes: I'm a very logical person and I have a good memory for facts, even sometimes unimportant ones if I'm very interested in the topic. If necessary, I can take charge of a situation and assign tasks to people. Sometimes I'm completely selfish and disregard feelings. But, honestly, I care a lot about other people and how they think of me. I can get very upset over people I don't even know, and big angry fights with friends upset me deeply. However, I can handle impersonal debates with people -- I might get fired up, but never very angry or upset (people seem to assume that I'm upset, or that I care more than I actually do). It really depends on the mood I'm in. I tend to take criticism very personally.
Also, I hate authority. I've always had a problem with it. If I respect the person in charge, it's not really a problem, but hierarchies and the ideas of inferiority and superiority annoy me to no end. I get very pissy when people tell me something I already know as if I don't know it, or try to pressure me into doing something (especially something I don't want to do. Or something I was already planning on doing.)

--

Judging Characteristics

Plan many of the details in advance before moving into action.

Focus on task-related action; complete meaningful segments before moving on.

Work best and avoid stress when able to keep ahead of deadlines.

Naturally use targets, dates and standard routines to manage life.

Perceiving Characteristics

Comfortable moving into action without a plan; plan on-the-go.

Like to multitask, have variety, mix work and play.

Naturally tolerant of time pressure; work best close to the deadlines.

Instinctively avoid commitments which interfere with flexibility, freedom and variety

notes: I hate being forced to do something. I hate being rushed. I can be very impatient. When someone gives me a task to do, I split it into smaller sections and complete each one rather than tackling the task as a whole.
My organization is all over the place. I might have a pig sty for a desk, but perfectly organized binders and folders. I always put things off until the last second and get them done then, because I'd rather be doing other things instead. Sometimes leaving my options open makes me feel relieved, sometimes it makes me nervous. I'm a fairly lazy person when I don't want to do what I'm being told to do. I tend to screw myself over by putting things off. And it's not unusual in the least bit for me to be late to an appointment.

Just going to leave this here. I don't think I fit one extreme on any of the above, so I'm asking for everyone else's input.
Also, I'm wondering about ENFP as my type. I always rejected it, but I think I might have spoken too soon. But yeah. I'm open to anyone's opinion. Thanks for putting up with me.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
Since I've pretty much worn out all of your patience...
I'm going to go with ENFP.
Man, these tests drive me insane.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
I don't know if anyone who was on this thread is ever going to see this, but after a month of trial and error (and actually learning the *ing functions) I'm ENTP. And not a 2w3, I'm a core 6 -- no idea what I was thinking (I think I took one online test and decided it must be right?)