User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 68

Thread: ESFx?

  1. #51
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Title View Post
    Reading descriptions for ESTJ, that could definitely be me...I mean, I'm a major procrastinator and I can be disorganized (well, really, I get disorganized then I organize my mess and the cycle repeats), but I guess the fact that I like to plan things and make lists and I divide tasks up into sections cancels that out. Plus, I'm the most awful multi-tasker.

    I don't know, I'm not very aggressive. Assertive, yes, but not aggressive, I go back and forth between being laid back and challenging everyone, based on my mood. I'm not a Type A personality, really, although I wouldn't consider myself a total doormat or anything (not that type B personality people are). I just mean that if I disagree with a person, what they say, or how they treat me or others, I will speak up about it.
    The "I see getting upset over very small things as childish, and I have no patience for people who are incredibly easily offended" quote has to do with the Fi inferior of Te dom. But that's very formulaic. It doesn't necessarily equate with any particular dominant function. But it does mean that you have Fi inferior. Therefore, the formula suggests you are a Te dominant. However, it's very forceful to state that you are such and such based on a theory.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #52
    there, there Title's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    The "I see getting upset over very small things as childish, and I have no patience for people who are incredibly easily offended" quote has to do with the Fi inferior of Te dom. But that's very formulaic. It doesn't necessarily equate with any particular dominant function. But it does mean that you have Fi inferior. Therefore, the formula suggests you are a Te dominant. However, it's very forceful to state that you are such and such based on a theory.
    So that narrows it down to ESTJ or ENTJ?

  3. #53
    there, there Title's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Did that PerC questionnaire, if that counts for anything.

    1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

    Beautiful. I really like the colors and the sharpness of the image, I like the clouds and the water and the shape of the bridge. It's not something I desire to look at for a very long time, though, I think I prefer more abstract art, but it's still lovely.

    2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
    Initial thoughts: Oh my god, we're going to miss the concert. Oh my god, I've planned this for so long, I wanted this to happen so bad, this isn't happening, there has to be a way to start the car back up. Please, tell me there's a way to start this car up, because if I miss this concert I'm going to throw the biggest fit of my life.
    Outward reactions: "...holy (insert long string of expletives here). This isn't happening. This isn't okay. What the hell? What happened? I can't miss this concert." I'd probably end up sitting there in awe, then I'd get out of the car to check and see what happened.

    After that, I'd probably start freaking out over where we are, how we're stranded, do we have enough food, are we going to freeze etc. and then I'd check to see if anyone's phones had a signal.

    3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
    I'd say it sounds like fun! I'd definitely go, why not? That sounds like a positive way to end the night to me. Maybe I would meet someone cool who had similar tastes as me. I'd probably just have a good time anyways.

    4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
    Tell them out loud. Maybe not, "Whoa, I disagree with that," but I'd speak up and challenge their claim. Ask them why, try to find out why they think that, and argue my point as well. I mean, if really depends what they said -- if it was a huge moral issue, I'd confront them and something like that could really harm a friendship. If it were unimportant, just a matter of tastes and whatnot, I would say, "Really? Because I think..." etc. and that probably wouldn't get me as upset.

    5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

    I mean, I'd speak up about it to whoever said it and make my point in a reasonable, assertive manner. If I couldn't speak up about it to them, I'd probably end up ranting to a close friend of mine about their "idiocy".

    6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
    Depends what you mean. I have a lot of different values. I value equality, I value rationality, I value common sense, I value competence, I value open-mindedness, I value sensitivity. My values changing entirely depends on the value and the situation, some of them wouldn't change at all and some of them I could be flexible with. Usually, though, I have my own well-formed opinions and I can be very stubborn about some of them.

    7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be? Why?
    I guess I'm a pretty balanced person. I pride myself on my common sense, which seems to be something a lot of people lack.
    If I could change something about my personality, I would probably change my lack of will to do things, sometimes. I would like to have a lot of achievements, and I don't always feel like I will achieve them if I don't work harder at them.

    8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
    I usually follow them if they make sense. If they're completely irrational, I'll try to drive them out of my mind. They're most often triggered when I feel I might be in danger -- as in, should I let myself get close to this person? Are they shady? Could I end up getting hurt? I'm pretty paranoid at times.

    9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
    The activities that energize me most are high energy, enjoyable activities that I do with a group. Something fun, involving friends or something, such as a group dinner or a party.
    The activities that drain me most are basically anything I'm not interested in. I have difficulty willing myself to become interested in things, which drains me a lot when I have to work on something I don't want to. However, if I'm interested in something, I can definitely follow through on it and get it done. It's really only when I'm forced to do something that it drains me.

    10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
    I think I can seem very hesitant and introverted to other people, like I'm constantly in deep thought. I'm not sure. It's really when you get to know me better that you find how truly extroverted I am. Sometimes I retreat away from people in the real world, seemingly to be alone, but I'm really contacting friends who aren't in the immediate area, or doing something I enjoy (like finishing a video I want to make, or writing something down, listening to music, etc.)
    I only really make a conscious effort to have a deep relationship with people whose personalities I really like. I won't connect fully to a person who's friendly, but vapid and shallow, or who has nothing in common with me, or who is overbearing, et cetera.

  4. #54
    Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp
    Posts
    832

    Default

    Personally you seem to come off ESFJ e1. The not being in control of a problem thing sounds kinda like both ESFP/ESFJ, but most of your points seem to make you out as ESFJ.

  5. #55
    there, there Title's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    Personally you seem to come off ESFJ e1. The not being in control of a problem thing sounds kinda like both ESFP/ESFJ, but most of your points seem to make you out as ESFJ.
    I mean, I wouldn't completely rule it out (well, I don't know. Maybe I would. I can be extremely stubborn at times) but I really don't think I have extroverted feeling at ALL.

  6. #56
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Title View Post
    I mean, I wouldn't completely rule it out (well, I don't know. Maybe I would. I can be extremely stubborn at times) but I really don't think I have extroverted feeling at ALL.
    So you're an ESFP?

  7. #57
    there, there Title's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    So you're an ESFP?
    Convince me that I'm an ESFP, would you? Because I don't see it in myself.

  8. #58
    Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp
    Posts
    832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Title View Post
    Convince me that I'm an ESFP, would you? Because I don't see it in myself.
    Why do you believe it has to be out of ESFJ and ESFP then? I guess a good first step is to make sure your description isn't biased

  9. #59
    there, there Title's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    Why do you believe it has to be out of ESFJ and ESFP then? I guess a good first step is to make sure your description isn't biased
    I don't. If you've read my recent posts, I've changed my mind and I've decided I'm most likely ExTJ, but I think I'm more ExTx in general.

  10. #60
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Title View Post
    Convince me that I'm an ESFP, would you? Because I don't see it in myself.
    Well I think you're an ESFJ, for sure, but now you're saying you don't have Fe, and I've never met you in person, nor even been around you on the forum long, never chatted with you on IM...so maybe you don't have Fe.

    But you seem like an ESFJ to me, from what you've described.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] How do you deal with ESFx's?
    By algeerot in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-21-2010, 10:57 PM
  2. [MBTItm] Help Understanding my ESFX Cousin
    By Varelse in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 06:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO