User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 68

Thread: ESFx?

  1. #41
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Title View Post
    Alright, fair enough...but where is the intuitive coming from? Aside from ESFx's having difficulty understanding people. Do I have a lot of intuitive traits?
    I honestly don't notice many sensor or intuitive traits in what you typed. Could you say a bit more about yourself>

  2. #42
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Title View Post
    But how am I ESFP instead of ESFJ?
    I put off tasks, sure, and I tend to be messy. But I much prefer an organized environment, I plan my actions before I do them, I complete tasks by splitting them up into segments and taking it one at a time (I'm an awful multitasker).

    Ugh, this typing thing is exhausting...
    Because of this:

    http://www.personalitypage.com/ESFP.html
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  3. #43
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    http://www.personalitypage.com/ESFJ.html is also worth looking at.

    It could be there is no right answer. That's why I listed three types, in order of strength. It's not as if everybody is a single type. I'm thinking ESFP with ESFJ a close second. People come here conflicted over type because the MBTI leads them to believe there is only one label per person.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #44
    there, there Title's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    I honestly don't notice many sensor or intuitive traits in what you typed. Could you say a bit more about yourself>
    Okay. Uhh, going off what people say about sensing and intuitive traits...
    - I think about the future a lot, but usually not the far future, except for fleeting thoughts of "What's going to happen to the world in _____ years?" but I never think about that for extended periods of time.
    - I have a great memory for details and facts.
    - I highly value common sense.
    - I tend to have a good imagination, and I look at everything inquisitively.
    - I think pretty much anything can be analyzed.
    - I really like it when art isn't concrete with its meaning. However, in all other areas, I like details to be concrete and sure.
    - I'm good at memorizing patterns.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    http://www.personalitypage.com/ESFJ.html is also worth looking at.

    It could be there is no right answer. That's why I listed three types, in order of strength. It's not as if everybody is a single type. I'm thinking ESFP with ESFJ a close second. People come here conflicted over type because the MBTI leads them to believe there is only one label per person.
    Yeah, I've read both of them before. As for ESFP - I don't always enjoy being the center of attention, being on stage scares me to no end. I don't hate structure or routine, and even though I sometimes try to go with the flow, I feel much more comfortable planning out what I do before I do it, or at least getting a vague idea of what I'm going to do.

    A lot of ESFP traits fit me, but I'm not as fun-oriented as they are, and from what I understand, SPs are usually very impulsive. I'm only impulsive in small things, like "Should I switch up this design?" or something like that, I'm usually pretty good at controlling my impulses.

    As for ESFJ, I don't have that external value system, I hate being completely out of control but total control is not necessary for me. Most of the other traits fit me, though.

  5. #45
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Title View Post
    Okay. Uhh, going off what people say about sensing and intuitive traits...
    - I think about the future a lot, but usually not the far future, except for fleeting thoughts of "What's going to happen to the world in _____ years?" but I never think about that for extended periods of time.
    - I have a great memory for details and facts.
    - I highly value common sense.
    - I tend to have a good imagination, and I look at everything inquisitively.
    - I think pretty much anything can be analyzed.
    - I really like it when art isn't concrete with its meaning. However, in all other areas, I like details to be concrete and sure.
    - I'm good at memorizing patterns.





    Yeah, I've read both of them before. As for ESFP - I don't always enjoy being the center of attention, being on stage scares me to no end. I don't hate structure or routine, and even though I sometimes try to go with the flow, I feel much more comfortable planning out what I do before I do it, or at least getting a vague idea of what I'm going to do.

    A lot of ESFP traits fit me, but I'm not as fun-oriented as they are, and from what I understand, SPs are usually very impulsive. I'm only impulsive in small things, like "Should I switch up this design?" or something like that, I'm usually pretty good at controlling my impulses.

    As for ESFJ, I don't have that external value system, I hate being completely out of control but total control is not necessary for me. Most of the other traits fit me, though.
    You seem more of a sensor then. Remember usually no one fits descriptions of their MBTI type to a T. I'd say you are an ESFJ.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Title View Post
    Okay. Uhh, going off what people say about sensing and intuitive traits...
    - I think about the future a lot, but usually not the far future, except for fleeting thoughts of "What's going to happen to the world in _____ years?" but I never think about that for extended periods of time.
    - I have a great memory for details and facts.
    - I highly value common sense.
    - I tend to have a good imagination, and I look at everything inquisitively.
    - I think pretty much anything can be analyzed.
    - I really like it when art isn't concrete with its meaning. However, in all other areas, I like details to be concrete and sure.
    - I'm good at memorizing patterns.





    Yeah, I've read both of them before. As for ESFP - I don't always enjoy being the center of attention, being on stage scares me to no end. I don't hate structure or routine, and even though I sometimes try to go with the flow, I feel much more comfortable planning out what I do before I do it, or at least getting a vague idea of what I'm going to do.

    A lot of ESFP traits fit me, but I'm not as fun-oriented as they are, and from what I understand, SPs are usually very impulsive. I'm only impulsive in small things, like "Should I switch up this design?" or something like that, I'm usually pretty good at controlling my impulses.

    As for ESFJ, I don't have that external value system, I hate being completely out of control but total control is not necessary for me. Most of the other traits fit me, though.
    Well, that's all that matters.

    There is a type questionnaire or two stickied in this subforum if you'd care to look into those.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #47
    there, there Title's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc
    Posts
    129

    Default

    humanmetrics.com -

    ESFJ
    Extravert(44%) Sensing(1%) Feeling(38%) Judging(11%)

    You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (44%)
    You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
    You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
    You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

    It's funny, because today a friend of mine told me I was being insensitive because she was getting upset over a scene in a movie and I thought she needed to get over it. I can be pretty uncaring about the problems of others when I think they're insignificant, but I can get really serious about them when they're a big problem for them. A scene in a movie is not my idea of a big problem, as you can probably see. I can see why some people would think I seem externally cold and uncaring.

    Edit -
    did another test on kisa.ca


    Ta-dah, your personality type is ESFJ!
    Extraverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Sensing (S) 55% Intuitive (N) 45%
    Feeling (F) 55% Thinking (T) 45%
    Judging (J) 64% Perceiving (P) 36%

    And then, weirdly enough, I did another quiz (one that I didn't like very much, I didn't feel like it had fair questions) but I got -
    ENFJ: 31%
    ESFP: 16%
    ENFP: 15%
    ESFJ: 9%
    ENTJ: 6%

    And another...
    Extroversion (68%) / Introversion (43%)

    Sensation (23%) / Intuition (58%)

    Thinking (89%) / Feeling (35%)

    Te (Extroverted Thinking) (77%)
    your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

    Ti (Introverted Thinking) (48%)
    your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

    Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (54%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

    Ni (Introverted Intuition) (38%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

    Se (Extroverted Sensing) (30%)
    your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

    Si (Introverted Sensing) (26%)
    your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

    Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (51%)
    your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

    Fi (Introverted Feeling) (38%)
    your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    based on your results your type is likely - entj

    Which is really weird, because I'm not very ENTJ at all.

    Extroverted (E) 75% Introverted (I) 25%
    Sensing (S) 66.67% Intuitive (N) 33.33%
    Thinking (T) 54.17% Feeling (F) 45.83%
    Perceiving (P) 50% Judging (J) 50%

    Your type is: ESTJ

    What the hell is going on with my personality here D:

  8. #48
    there, there Title's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc
    Posts
    129

    Default

    ...I'm starting to think I might be primarily thinking rather than feeling. I mean, it's more likely a person would call me cold or insensitive than irrational. I value logic and rationality very highly and I pride myself for being in tune with both of them. Sure, I care about how other people feel and something tells me I should help them when they tell me their problems, but I've always had a very true, realistic view of the world -- not idealistic. I don't like to say things that are intentionally hurtful but I consider myself very assertive and if I think someone needs to get over something, I'll voice that to them completely. I've always thought of myself as a person with a low BS tolerance, and while I can be very sensitive to the feelings of other people and I do care about what they think of me (sometimes too much. It's one of my least favorite qualities about myself), I don't really pay much mind to other people's feelings if I think they're irrational and can't be backed up by logic and facts.

    I see getting upset over very small things as childish, and I have no patience for people who are incredibly easily offended. Someone I'm close to is an ENFP who needs you to know exactly how she feels even if she doesn't tell you, and though she denies it I feel as though she bottles up all of her problems with me until I do something that really ticks her off, then she'll just complain about everything she's been holding in for however long. That drives me absolutely insane.

    Also, ESFJ/ENFJ both have external value systems, and I have quite an internal value system. I've always had a problem with authority that I didn't respect, and there are few things that tick me off more than people who consider themselves superior to me for whatever reason.

    However, I can be really empathetic in some situations, unkindness disturbs me and I can get very upset over the pain and death of people I don't know. I like to be a shoulder my friends can cry on, but I'm also the person they can go to for a reality check, I suppose. It really depends on their problem.

    So, what do you guys think? Feeling or Thinking?

    ETA: While I was typing up this whole thing, I had been on a voice call with a friend of mine (INFJ). After I finished typing it, she decided she wanted to go because we "weren't really talking :/" and then said she wanted to go anyways because she was tired.
    ...is that a sign?

  9. #49
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    "I see getting upset over very small things as childish, and I have no patience for people who are incredibly easily offended." Sounds like ESTJ.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #50
    there, there Title's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    "I see getting upset over very small things as childish, and I have no patience for people who are incredibly easily offended." Sounds like ESTJ.
    Reading descriptions for ESTJ, that could definitely be me...I mean, I'm a major procrastinator and I can be disorganized (well, really, I get disorganized then I organize my mess and the cycle repeats), but I guess the fact that I like to plan things and make lists and I divide tasks up into sections cancels that out. Plus, I'm the most awful multi-tasker.

    I don't know, I'm not very aggressive. Assertive, yes, but not aggressive, I go back and forth between being laid back and challenging everyone, based on my mood. I'm not a Type A personality, really, although I wouldn't consider myself a total doormat or anything (not that type B personality people are). I just mean that if I disagree with a person, what they say, or how they treat me or others, I will speak up about it.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] How do you deal with ESFx's?
    By algeerot in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-21-2010, 10:57 PM
  2. [MBTItm] Help Understanding my ESFX Cousin
    By Varelse in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 06:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO