User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 68

Thread: ESFx?

  1. #11
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    You're obviously an Fe dom.

    ESFJ

  2. #12
    there, there Title's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You're obviously an Fe dom.

    ESFJ
    Thanks for your input. I can definitely see many ESFJ traits in myself, although I'm not really one for following rules that I don't agree with, and I like abstract things in forms of art and music...but ESFJ seems like a pretty likely type for myself.

  3. #13
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    You sound more like an ESFJ to me, as well. Don't let the abstract stuff put you off - ESFJs use extraverted iNtuition as their third-most common thinking pattern, so you could have a significant dose of intuition, too.

    That said, if you seem to fit with ENFJ profiles, do a little more digging.

    Have you looked at the enneagram, as well? It often can explain why you seem more like some types and less like others. As an ENFP enneagram 6, I seem to be more like an ENFJ than an ESFP.

  4. #14
    Senior Member UniqueMixture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Title View Post
    I've actually known of the personality types for a year, and I had myself typed as ESFP. The only thing that's recent is me seriously doubting the type I thought I was.
    Did you read something negative on the forums about esfps or something?
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

  5. #15
    there, there Title's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    You sound more like an ESFJ to me, as well. Don't let the abstract stuff put you off - ESFJs use extraverted iNtuition as their third-most common thinking pattern, so you could have a significant dose of intuition, too.

    That said, if you seem to fit with ENFJ profiles, do a little more digging.

    Have you looked at the enneagram, as well? It often can explain why you seem more like some types and less like others. As an ENFP enneagram 6, I seem to be more like an ENFJ than an ESFP.
    Yeah, thanks! I'm an enneagram 2w3.

    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Did you read something negative on the forums about esfps or something?
    No, that's not why I questioned my type. It's because I was looking up the different characteristics of types and I realized that I was pretty even on S/N and J/P. Also, I had watched a few videos of ESFPs and I don't act much like them at all.

  6. #16
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Title View Post
    Thanks for your input. I can definitely see many ESFJ traits in myself, although I'm not really one for following rules that I don't agree with, and I like abstract things in forms of art and music...but ESFJ seems like a pretty likely type for myself.
    well the rule following thing is a stereotype but the majority of what you've said here screams Fe dom (people depend on you for guidance, you hate being alone for long periods of time, very nurturing, relate to ENFJ descriptions). Honestly any one who said ESTJ to you is off their rocker, because I saw empathy and people management far, far over order, and empathy is not a defining trait of the Te dom, though they can have their moments.

  7. #17
    there, there Title's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    well the rule following thing is a stereotype but the majority of what you've said here screams Fe dom (people depend on you for guidance, you hate being alone for long periods of time, very nurturing, relate to ENFJ descriptions). Honestly any one who said ESTJ to you is off their rocker, because I saw empathy and people management far, far over order, and empathy is not a defining trait of the Te dom, though they can have their moments.
    So -- had I not said that I believe I'm ESFx, would you have placed me as ENFJ?

  8. #18
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Title View Post
    So -- had I not said that I believe I'm ESFx, would you have placed me as ENFJ?
    I would have said ExFJ.

    Fe is clear. I would guess Si auxiliary because you said you like to make lists, which doesn't seem very Ni or Se..but I don't know you well enough to even say if you're Si/Ne or Ni/Se.


  9. #19
    there, there Title's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I would have said ExFJ.

    Fe is clear. I would guess Si auxiliary because you said you like to make lists, which doesn't seem very Ni or Se..but I don't know you well enough to even say if you're Si/Ne or Ni/Se.

    Ah, alright, thank you.

    Also, to anyone who wants to answer: I noticed something about myself, and I'm not sure what function it represents --
    My friends sometimes confide things in me, admit something about themselves, a worry they have, etc. and there's one thing I always ask -- "Why?"
    As in, "why do you feel this way?" or "what does that mean?" or "what do you think brought you to that decision?"
    Any input?

  10. #20
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Title View Post
    Ah, alright, thank you.

    Also, to anyone who wants to answer: I noticed something about myself, and I'm not sure what function it represents --
    My friends sometimes confide things in me, admit something about themselves, a worry they have, etc. and there's one thing I always ask -- "Why?"
    As in, "why do you feel this way?" or "what does that mean?" or "what do you think brought you to that decision?"
    Any input?
    supposedly why is Ni and what if is Ne

    but if that's true then JTG is not an SJ, because he used to ask me why

    maybe it just means you care

    like if you're an Fe dom you ask because you want to understand and help that person

    sometimes I ask why for my own reasons, like seeking underlying patterns, even trying to figure out what someone is underneath, if they're sincere, sometimes Im totally leading to my own reasons

    so it may not be as simple as one function, its possible there are different motives for several functions to ask why

    I definitely think you're Pi though because you also said you don't like to do things without a plan

    its so funny that my phone prompted me to write platok instead of plan ...it just did it again...

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] How do you deal with ESFx's?
    By algeerot in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-21-2010, 10:57 PM
  2. [MBTItm] Help Understanding my ESFX Cousin
    By Varelse in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 06:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO