First 2345 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    8w9s can be very intelligent, but they tend to respond much more slowly and deliberately. @UsurpersGonnaUsurp's communication style is much more quick on his feet.
    How do you know this over the internet?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    How do you know this over the internet?
    word choice. it's not as blatantly obvious as IRL, but you can still tell a lot about a person from the questions they ask, the frequency with which they ask them and the choice of words they use. over time, patterns start to emerge, like the ones I pointed out in my last 2 posts
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

word choice. it's not as blatantly obvious as IRL, but you can still tell a lot about a person from the questions they ask, the frequency with which they ask them and the choice of words they use. over time, patterns start to emerge, like the ones I pointed out in my last 2 posts
    Word choice, asking questions, and frequency of asking these questions have nothing to do with mental speed or being "quick on one's feet."

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Word choice, asking questions, and frequency of asking these questions have nothing to do with mental speed or being "quick on one's feet."
    actually, yes it does (you're using too much T and looking too much for some sort of proof or direct correlation. this is an evident communication trend that is easily observable in everyday conversation).
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I agree with Elfboy initial's guess. You seem 7w8. I'm not sure about the instinctual stacking though.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

actually, yes it does (you're using too much T and looking too much for some sort of proof or direct correlation. this is an evident communication trend that is easily observable in everyday conversation).
    But is that too much to ask for?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Nobody wants to come back and ask me for my evidence? It's in Usurper's comments. I don't see types 7 or 3 at all, although those are Aggressive types. What I read, paragraph by paragraph, is 8, 8, 8, 8, 9, 8, 8, 9.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

A 7/8 combo sounds fine. Hard to tell which one prevails, even though when you describe your ideal state, you seem to place higher priority on feeling childlike and free from obligations (just going by your ordering) - which would be a point for 7w8 > 8w7.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    A 7/8 combo sounds fine. Hard to tell which one prevails, even though when you describe your ideal state, you seem to place higher priority on feeling childlike and free from obligations (just going by your ordering) - which would be a point for 7w8 > 8w7.
    On the other hand, Elfboy is right about one thing. A type 8 knows when they are a type 8. Usurper just has some 9-wing traits thrown in the mix that add to some confusion, but it appears he has this straightened out now.

Junior Member UsurpersGonnaUsurp's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

@Elfboy , insightful. That's a good resource, it should be stickied somewhere.

I'll check those out when I have time and mull it over. I can't say I don't identify with aspects of the 6 but I can't say I identify with aspects of the 8 less than aspects of the 6, particularly the sexual variant orientations. I'm working on realizing where and how each type manifests itself in who I am.

Something I find interesting about what @Mal+ said was he didn't find any traces of 3 in my questionnaire answers, whereas much of my personality is heavily influenced by 3ish motivations. This means I'm not being fully open / expressive with the essence of who I am -- but that's not something which is possible over the internet on a thread filled with people who are asked to type a remote description of someone they've never met before cold turkey.

I think the purpose of threads like these, particularly of the enneagram branch (MBTI can be determined based on behavioral traits, enneagram can not), is to bring rise to meaningful questions and share various perspectives. In the end, only the typee can realize what they are, nobody can do it for them.