User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: IxTx

  1. #1
    Junior Member Stokwek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default IxTx

    I am unsure of what information is needed to help determine my type. I won't hesitate to answer questions.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    I am in your same predicament, but based on my experience as an IxTx, INTP was the best balancing point. Here, read up on this thread on my IxTx problems if that helps you at all:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-5w4-intp.html

  3. #3
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I am in your same predicament, but based on my experience as an IxTx, INTP was the best balancing point. Here, read up on this thread on my IxTx problems if that helps you at all:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-5w4-intp.html
    Your evolution from staunch sensor to pseudo-intuitive is pretty fucking hilarious. The site must be getting to you. I'm giving you a week before you're suddenly "INTJ".
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

  4. #4
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Based on avatar: ITP.

    Based on proclaimed laziness: INTP.

    Based on inability to figure out type: ISTP.

    Overall verdict: Definitely ITP. Figure out between INTP and ISTP.

    Final question: do you prefer physics, or rollerblading?

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Your evolution from staunch sensor to pseudo-intuitive is pretty fucking hilarious. The site must be getting to you. I'm giving you a week before you're suddenly "INTJ".
    You cannot become a type, but rather you are born one type and remain it your entire incarnation, however you could start acting like other types, but it would not be natural behavior.

  6. #6
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    You cannot become a type, but rather you are born one type and remain it your entire incarnation, however you could start acting like other types, but it would not be natural behavior.
    In case you were wondering, that strange thing you passed by on the way over here was the point I was making.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

  7. #7
    Junior Member Stokwek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Based on avatar: ITP.

    Based on proclaimed laziness: INTP.

    Based on inability to figure out type: ISTP.

    Overall verdict: Definitely ITP. Figure out between INTP and ISTP.

    Final question: do you prefer physics, or rollerblading?
    I was fairly certain that I was Ti-dominant and Fe inferior, but I needed reassurance.
    I am actually a physics major. I do not believe it to be as simple as that. I have psychoanalyzed myself to the point where I am unsure if I use Ti-Ne-Si or Ti-Se-Ni, and from there I wondered if I was actually a Perceiver. Is there a certain thought pattern when understanding a concept that is tell-tale?

  8. #8
    Junior Member Stokwek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I am in your same predicament, but based on my experience as an IxTx, INTP was the best balancing point. Here, read up on this thread on my IxTx problems if that helps you at all:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-5w4-intp.html
    It seems like you took one idea and elongated it, and added many details as you did so. From my impression, it feels like you're in some sort of unhealthy loop involving Ni.

  9. #9
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stokwek View Post
    I was fairly certain that I was Ti-dominant and Fe inferior, but I needed reassurance.
    I am actually a physics major. I do not believe it to be as simple as that. I have psychoanalyzed myself to the point where I am unsure if I use Ti-Ne-Si or Ti-Se-Ni, and from there I wondered if I was actually a Perceiver. Is there a certain thought pattern when understanding a concept that is tell-tale?
    Ok, so you know more than I'd realized.

    And you are correct, it is not nearly so simple as that.

    If you had answered rollerblading, though, there woulda been a good chance you're an ISTP.

    Honestly, I like to do this shit quickly, and so I think of oddball questions that might actually point one way or another.

    There is a more complex way, but that takes longer, and depends on understanding not only yourself, but the underlying theory as well.

    As such, if I can ask some odd question that you can answer, regardless of your knowledge of the theory, then I prefer to go that way.

    The last one wasn't too brilliant, as I came up with it on the spot, and only would have worked had you answered "rollerblading".

    I'm assuming you're pretty highly introverted, considering you've been on here since February and only have two posts.

    If that's the case, then your auxiliary function might not be well-developed, which makes this even more difficult.

    I mean, honestly, the quickest way would simply be to ask, "Are you good at sports?"

    It's not perfect, but, depending on how you answer, might point one way.

  10. #10
    Junior Member Stokwek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Ok, so you know more than I'd realized.

    And you are correct, it is not nearly so simple as that.

    If you had answered rollerblading, though, there woulda been a good chance you're an ISTP.

    Honestly, I like to do this shit quickly, and so I think of oddball questions that might actually point one way or another.

    There is a more complex way, but that takes longer, and depends on understanding not only yourself, but the underlying theory as well.

    As such, if I can ask some odd question that you can answer, regardless of your knowledge of the theory, then I prefer to go that way.

    The last one wasn't too brilliant, as I came up with it on the spot, and only would have worked had you answered "rollerblading".

    I'm assuming you're pretty highly introverted, considering you've been on here since February and only have two posts.

    If that's the case, then your auxiliary function might not be well-developed, which makes this even more difficult.

    I mean, honestly, the quickest way would simply be to ask, "Are you good at sports?"
    I would prefer oddball questions where which function you are measuring isn't readily apparent. This is because I think more about how much I use the function, and since I know that's what you are getting at, I'll place more emphasis on the function rather than the actual answer. This is problematic because it introduces a bias AND I am not actually sure which functions I use the most.

    Yes, I am highly introverted. But that is not the reason for my lack of posts, although your reasoning is understandable. I was busy with college, and various other commitments.

    Am I good at sports? Measuring Se. Sports are not much of an interest to me. I am also clumsy and might not notice things in a quickly paced environment -- like I would either be able to notice where the players are OR where the ball is. But the hang-up is if we were sitting and I had nothing to do, I would surely analyze everyone's uniforms to learn more about their lives.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Most social IxTx type
    By figsfiggyfigs in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-22-2016, 08:49 AM
  2. IxTx... help me narrow it down!
    By venomoustentacula in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-16-2015, 09:37 AM
  3. Calling all IxTx experts on Jung (and anyone else who wants to help a sista out...)
    By PocketFullOf in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-22-2014, 02:26 AM
  4. My IxTx Type Descriptions
    By RaptorWizard in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-15-2013, 04:24 PM
  5. IxTx's.....so adorable! :wubbie:
    By Amargith in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 03-15-2010, 04:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO