• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

IxTx

Stokwek

I am unsure of what information is needed to help determine my type. I won't hesitate to answer questions.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Based on avatar: ITP.

Based on proclaimed laziness: INTP.

Based on inability to figure out type: ISTP.

Overall verdict: Definitely ITP. Figure out between INTP and ISTP.

Final question: do you prefer physics, or rollerblading?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your evolution from staunch sensor to pseudo-intuitive is pretty fucking hilarious. The site must be getting to you. I'm giving you a week before you're suddenly "INTJ".

You cannot become a type, but rather you are born one type and remain it your entire incarnation, however you could start acting like other types, but it would not be natural behavior.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You cannot become a type, but rather you are born one type and remain it your entire incarnation, however you could start acting like other types, but it would not be natural behavior.

In case you were wondering, that strange thing you passed by on the way over here was the point I was making.

Stokwek

Based on avatar: ITP.

Based on proclaimed laziness: INTP.

Based on inability to figure out type: ISTP.

Overall verdict: Definitely ITP. Figure out between INTP and ISTP.

Final question: do you prefer physics, or rollerblading?

I was fairly certain that I was Ti-dominant and Fe inferior, but I needed reassurance.
I am actually a physics major. I do not believe it to be as simple as that. I have psychoanalyzed myself to the point where I am unsure if I use Ti-Ne-Si or Ti-Se-Ni, and from there I wondered if I was actually a Perceiver. Is there a certain thought pattern when understanding a concept that is tell-tale?

Stokwek

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I was fairly certain that I was Ti-dominant and Fe inferior, but I needed reassurance.
I am actually a physics major. I do not believe it to be as simple as that. I have psychoanalyzed myself to the point where I am unsure if I use Ti-Ne-Si or Ti-Se-Ni, and from there I wondered if I was actually a Perceiver. Is there a certain thought pattern when understanding a concept that is tell-tale?

Ok, so you know more than I'd realized.

And you are correct, it is not nearly so simple as that.

If you had answered rollerblading, though, there woulda been a good chance you're an ISTP.

Honestly, I like to do this shit quickly, and so I think of oddball questions that might actually point one way or another.

There is a more complex way, but that takes longer, and depends on understanding not only yourself, but the underlying theory as well.

As such, if I can ask some odd question that you can answer, regardless of your knowledge of the theory, then I prefer to go that way.

The last one wasn't too brilliant, as I came up with it on the spot, and only would have worked had you answered "rollerblading".

I'm assuming you're pretty highly introverted, considering you've been on here since February and only have two posts.

If that's the case, then your auxiliary function might not be well-developed, which makes this even more difficult.

I mean, honestly, the quickest way would simply be to ask, "Are you good at sports?"

It's not perfect, but, depending on how you answer, might point one way.

Stokwek

Ok, so you know more than I'd realized.

And you are correct, it is not nearly so simple as that.

If you had answered rollerblading, though, there woulda been a good chance you're an ISTP.

Honestly, I like to do this shit quickly, and so I think of oddball questions that might actually point one way or another.

There is a more complex way, but that takes longer, and depends on understanding not only yourself, but the underlying theory as well.

As such, if I can ask some odd question that you can answer, regardless of your knowledge of the theory, then I prefer to go that way.

The last one wasn't too brilliant, as I came up with it on the spot, and only would have worked had you answered "rollerblading".

I'm assuming you're pretty highly introverted, considering you've been on here since February and only have two posts.

If that's the case, then your auxiliary function might not be well-developed, which makes this even more difficult.

I mean, honestly, the quickest way would simply be to ask, "Are you good at sports?"

I would prefer oddball questions where which function you are measuring isn't readily apparent. This is because I think more about how much I use the function, and since I know that's what you are getting at, I'll place more emphasis on the function rather than the actual answer. This is problematic because it introduces a bias AND I am not actually sure which functions I use the most.

Yes, I am highly introverted. But that is not the reason for my lack of posts, although your reasoning is understandable. I was busy with college, and various other commitments.

Am I good at sports? Measuring Se. Sports are not much of an interest to me. I am also clumsy and might not notice things in a quickly paced environment -- like I would either be able to notice where the players are OR where the ball is. But the hang-up is if we were sitting and I had nothing to do, I would surely analyze everyone's uniforms to learn more about their lives.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I would prefer oddball questions where which function you are measuring isn't readily apparent. This is because I think more about how much I use the function, and since I know that's what you are getting at, I'll place more emphasis on the function rather than the actual answer. This is problematic because it introduces a bias AND I am not actually sure which functions I use the most.

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can really do about that, as, if you know the theory, you'll be able to figure out which one I'm getting at.

You already know the theory, so, at this point, while I might be able to help you out, you're gunna have to figure out yourself whether you use the Ni/Se or Ne/Si axis.

Yes, I am highly introverted. But that is not the reason for my lack of posts, although your reasoning is understandable. I was busy with college, and various other commitments.

Yeah, I didn't think one necessarily led to another, but I figured it might point in that direction.

Am I good at sports? Measuring Se. Sports are not much of an interest to me. I am also clumsy and might not notice things in a quickly paced environment -- like I would either be able to notice where the players are OR where the ball is.

Unfortunately, this question isn't really all that definitive in the first place, and your answer didn't help all that much in that regard.

I would say, though, that, taken alone, this would probably point to INTP.

But the hang-up is if we were sitting and I had nothing to do, I would surely analyze everyone's uniforms to learn more about their lives.

But then you say this.

The thing is, this isn't necessarily Se. But it could be.

Perhaps you're just using Ne to try and extrapolate things about their lives.

It can be a difficult question, figuring out your auxiliary/tertiary.

You just gotta figure out: Se/Ni, or Ne/Si...

Ok, so this is more complex, but would you say that you have a preference for thinking of the universe as dynamic, and in a state of constant flux, a la Heraclitus, or as static, with essential properties, a la Parmenides. That might be difficult to figure out, and you'll have to separate that which you study from the way in which your mind most naturally works, but, if you can figure out the answer to that question, in my opinion, it gives you the answer.

Stokwek

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can really do about that, as, if you know the theory, you'll be able to figure out which one I'm getting at.

You already know the theory, so, at this point, while I might be able to help you out, you're gunna have to figure out yourself whether you use the Ni/Se or Ne/Si axis.

Okay. But if you do think of any "sneak ups" I'd be happy to take a shot at them.

Unfortunately, this question isn't really all that definitive in the first place, and your answer didn't help all that much in that regard.

I would say, though, that, taken alone, this would probably point to INTP.

But then you say this.

The thing is, this isn't necessarily Se. But it could be.

Perhaps you're just using Ne to try and extrapolate things about their lives.

It can be a difficult question, figuring out your auxiliary/tertiary.

You just gotta figure out: Se/Ni, or Ne/Si...

Okay.

Ok, so this is more complex, but would you say that you have a preference for thinking of the universe as dynamic, and in a state of constant flux, a la Heraclitus, or as static, with essential properties, a la Parmenides. That might be difficult to figure out, and you'll have to separate that which you study from the way in which your mind most naturally works, but, if you can figure out the answer to that question, in my opinion, it gives you the answer.

Hmm, difficult choice.
It's both! It depends on what level you are talking about.

Okay, question about tert Si. How does it show up in Ne and Ti? Does it act as a grounding for the theories, or as a prediction thing for the theories? Both?

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You are INTP in my book!

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Okay. But if you do think of any "sneak ups" I'd be happy to take a shot at them.

If any come to mind, I will be sure to let you know.

Hmm, difficult choice.
It's both! It depends on what level you are talking about.

Expand on this.

Okay, question about tert Si. How does it show up in Ne and Ti? Does it act as a grounding for the theories, or as a prediction thing for the theories? Both?

Si is the "opposite" of Ne, but subconsciously serves as the grounding of Ne, the underlying source from which Ne makes its connections.

With regards to Ti, usually Ti and Si interact by forming a giant conceptual model or framework.

Si represents all the information that has been incorporated to form that framework over the person's life.

Ti does the churning/analysis of all information coming in to check its consistency with the Si framework that already exists.

Don't look at this Stowek:

Stokwek

Expand on this.

I am sorry, I think I just realized that my affinity for the concept of constant change was due to synesthesia. You said to expand and I started thinking of explaining with spatial regions and colors.

Thinking about it more, I'd say 80% static, 20% change. I read the Parmenides' article and it closely resonated with me. But I logically know that things change. So things are naturally static, then logic kicks in and tells me that the other way is so also.

Si is the "opposite" of Ne, but subconsciously serves as the grounding of Ne, the underlying source from which Ne makes its connections.

With regards to Ti, usually Ti and Si interact by forming a giant conceptual model or framework.

Si represents all the information that has been incorporated to form that framework over the person's life.

Ti does the churning/analysis of all information coming in to check its consistency with the Si framework that already exists.

Okay.