First 12

Thread: IxTx

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Stokwek View Post
    I would prefer oddball questions where which function you are measuring isn't readily apparent. This is because I think more about how much I use the function, and since I know that's what you are getting at, I'll place more emphasis on the function rather than the actual answer. This is problematic because it introduces a bias AND I am not actually sure which functions I use the most.
    Unfortunately, there's nothing I can really do about that, as, if you know the theory, you'll be able to figure out which one I'm getting at.

You already know the theory, so, at this point, while I might be able to help you out, you're gunna have to figure out yourself whether you use the Ni/Se or Ne/Si axis.

Yes, I am highly introverted. But that is not the reason for my lack of posts, although your reasoning is understandable. I was busy with college, and various other commitments.
    Yeah, I didn't think one necessarily led to another, but I figured it might point in that direction.

Am I good at sports? Measuring Se. Sports are not much of an interest to me. I am also clumsy and might not notice things in a quickly paced environment -- like I would either be able to notice where the players are OR where the ball is.
    Unfortunately, this question isn't really all that definitive in the first place, and your answer didn't help all that much in that regard.

I would say, though, that, taken alone, this would probably point to INTP.

But the hang-up is if we were sitting and I had nothing to do, I would surely analyze everyone's uniforms to learn more about their lives.
    But then you say this.

The thing is, this isn't necessarily Se. But it could be.

Perhaps you're just using Ne to try and extrapolate things about their lives.

It can be a difficult question, figuring out your auxiliary/tertiary.

You just gotta figure out: Se/Ni, or Ne/Si...

Ok, so this is more complex, but would you say that you have a preference for thinking of the universe as dynamic, and in a state of constant flux, a la Heraclitus, or as static, with essential properties, a la Parmenides. That might be difficult to figure out, and you'll have to separate that which you study from the way in which your mind most naturally works, but, if you can figure out the answer to that question, in my opinion, it gives you the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Unfortunately, there's nothing I can really do about that, as, if you know the theory, you'll be able to figure out which one I'm getting at.

You already know the theory, so, at this point, while I might be able to help you out, you're gunna have to figure out yourself whether you use the Ni/Se or Ne/Si axis.
    Okay. But if you do think of any "sneak ups" I'd be happy to take a shot at them.

Unfortunately, this question isn't really all that definitive in the first place, and your answer didn't help all that much in that regard.

I would say, though, that, taken alone, this would probably point to INTP.

But then you say this.

The thing is, this isn't necessarily Se. But it could be.

Perhaps you're just using Ne to try and extrapolate things about their lives.

It can be a difficult question, figuring out your auxiliary/tertiary.

You just gotta figure out: Se/Ni, or Ne/Si...
    Okay.

Ok, so this is more complex, but would you say that you have a preference for thinking of the universe as dynamic, and in a state of constant flux, a la Heraclitus, or as static, with essential properties, a la Parmenides. That might be difficult to figure out, and you'll have to separate that which you study from the way in which your mind most naturally works, but, if you can figure out the answer to that question, in my opinion, it gives you the answer.
    Hmm, difficult choice.
    It's both! It depends on what level you are talking about.

Okay, question about tert Si. How does it show up in Ne and Ti? Does it act as a grounding for the theories, or as a prediction thing for the theories? Both?

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

You are INTP in my book!

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    You are INTP in my book!
    Easy!
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Okay. But if you do think of any "sneak ups" I'd be happy to take a shot at them.
    If any come to mind, I will be sure to let you know.

Hmm, difficult choice.
    It's both! It depends on what level you are talking about.
    Expand on this.

Okay, question about tert Si. How does it show up in Ne and Ti? Does it act as a grounding for the theories, or as a prediction thing for the theories? Both?
    Si is the "opposite" of Ne, but subconsciously serves as the grounding of Ne, the underlying source from which Ne makes its connections.

With regards to Ti, usually Ti and Si interact by forming a giant conceptual model or framework.

Si represents all the information that has been incorporated to form that framework over the person's life.

Ti does the churning/analysis of all information coming in to check its consistency with the Si framework that already exists.

Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post
    Don't look at this Stowek:

Expand on this.
    I am sorry, I think I just realized that my affinity for the concept of constant change was due to synesthesia. You said to expand and I started thinking of explaining with spatial regions and colors.

Thinking about it more, I'd say 80% static, 20% change. I read the Parmenides' article and it closely resonated with me. But I logically know that things change. So things are naturally static, then logic kicks in and tells me that the other way is so also.

Si is the "opposite" of Ne, but subconsciously serves as the grounding of Ne, the underlying source from which Ne makes its connections.

With regards to Ti, usually Ti and Si interact by forming a giant conceptual model or framework.

Si represents all the information that has been incorporated to form that framework over the person's life.

Ti does the churning/analysis of all information coming in to check its consistency with the Si framework that already exists.
    Okay.