User Tag List

View Poll Results: Gusses?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTJ

    1 33.33%
  • ENFJ

    0 0%
  • ESFJ

    1 33.33%
  • ESTJ

    0 0%
  • Other

    1 33.33%

Results 1 to 8 of 8

  1. #1

    Default What's my boyfriend's type (ExxJ)?

    Hello there! My boyfriend and me have been dating for almost one year, and I'm trying to figure out his type... I've already sent him an MBTI test. In the first one, he scored ENTJ, in the second one, INTP (he read the description and said it didn't fit him at all, and I agree). I definitely think that he fits more some EJ type... I'll list some of his characteristics below, can you help me?

    - He's very sociable and nice with everyone. He can talk with anyone, about anything. Knows a lot of people and doesn't matter where we are, he always find someone he knows;

    - He's an Electrical Engineering student, and really enjoys this area. Science, mathematics, physics, robotics and astronomy are some of his main interests.

    - He likes to have everything planned, he can even say the he "calculates his day"... I find it very funny;

    - Some things my family love about him is his determination and responsibility... And I can say that, yes, it's incredible to see how he can't take his eyes of some work that has to be done until it's finished!

    - Although he can show a lot of sentimentality to me when we are together, in another situations of his life he couldn't ever be called someone sentimental, or emotional: he hadn't cried for years (even when his close grandfather died, he didn't cry... once he said that it was kind of insensitive of his part, but he just didn't felt like crying or anything), he hates anything that appeals to much to emotion (preferring mystery movies and books, action, psychological themes etc);

    - He's the calmest person I've ever seen. It's very hard to let him angry, or irritated, or anything like that. Even when I have some violent outbursts of emotion, temper, or anything, he's the one to put my head in the right place thinking about the subject and offering a quick solution about the trouble. He says that it's easier for him not to be influenced by emotions and think logically and solve the issue, not causing more trouble.

    - He's very intelligent, but very modest about it.

    - Our relationship is perfect, I can say. He's very faithful and loyal. We can have long conversations about theories that can last hours. And I have to say that things that lacks in my personality I can find a balance with him and vice-versa. Being an INFP, I think it can offer some clue about his type...

    Any guesses?

    (Sorry for mistakes, English isn't my first language and I made this thread kinda quickly, without paying to much attention to grammar etc)

    [It's "guesses" in the poll... LOL]

  2. #2
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    ENTJ sounds exactly right!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissLizzy View Post
    Hello there! My boyfriend and me have been dating for almost one year, and I'm trying to figure out his type... I've already sent him an MBTI test. In the first one, he scored ENTJ, in the second one, INTP (he read the description and said it didn't fit him at all, and I agree). I definitely think that he fits more some EJ type... I'll list some of his characteristics below, can you help me?

    - He's very sociable and nice with everyone. He can talk with anyone, about anything. Knows a lot of people and doesn't matter where we are, he always find someone he knows;

    - He's an Electrical Engineering student, and really enjoys this area. Science, mathematics, physics, robotics and astronomy are some of his main interests.

    - He likes to have everything planned, he can even say the he "calculates his day"... I find it very funny;

    - Some things my family love about him is his determination and responsibility... And I can say that, yes, it's incredible to see how he can't take his eyes of some work that has to be done until it's finished!

    - Although he can show a lot of sentimentality to me when we are together, in another situations of his life he couldn't ever be called someone sentimental, or emotional: he hadn't cried for years (even when his close grandfather died, he didn't cry... once he said that it was kind of insensitive of his part, but he just didn't felt like crying or anything), he hates anything that appeals to much to emotion (preferring mystery movies and books, action, psychological themes etc);

    - He's the calmest person I've ever seen. It's very hard to let him angry, or irritated, or anything like that. Even when I have some violent outbursts of emotion, temper, or anything, he's the one to put my head in the right place thinking about the subject and offering a quick solution about the trouble. He says that it's easier for him not to be influenced by emotions and think logically and solve the issue, not causing more trouble.

    - He's very intelligent, but very modest about it.

    - Our relationship is perfect, I can say. He's very faithful and loyal. We can have long conversations about theories that can last hours. And I have to say that things that lacks in my personality I can find a balance with him and vice-versa. Being an INFP, I think it can offer some clue about his type...

    Any guesses?

    (Sorry for mistakes, English isn't my first language and I made this thread kinda quickly, without paying to much attention to grammar etc)

    [It's "guesses" in the poll... LOL]
    INTJ, according to type descriptions. He may be sociable but that's not necessarily a preference. Always focus on preferences.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    ENTJ sounds exactly right!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    INTJ, according to type descriptions. He may be sociable but that's not necessarily a preference. Always focus on preferences.
    Thank you all for helping!

    I don't know, sometimes I resist saying that he's a T type because he seems different of some stereotypes of rational people. Being highly charismatic, I know, is a characteristic of ENTJ's too. But the so called "arrogance" of xNTJ's I really can't see in him. He's always trying to help others (mainly about college/ school/ work issues), and really dislikes people who think they're better, and that humiliate others just because they have a good achievement, etc. He says that if I suffer, he'll suffer too. I found it to be very Fe, but I don't really know if I've mistaken a developed Fi thinking it's Fe, or it's something about the relationship between us. He sometimes thinks about people when making decisions too.

    It's very confusing. Or maybe I'm influenced by stereotypes I find in descriptions.

    (I have to say that the ENTJ's I know IRL are very kind, about INTJ's... they seem like INFP's in an armour, and may come off in scary ways at times).

  5. #5
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissLizzy View Post
    Thank you all for helping!

    I don't know, sometimes I resist saying that he's a T type because he seems different of some stereotypes of rational people. Being highly charismatic, I know, is a characteristic of ENTJ's too. But the so called "arrogance" of xNTJ's I really can't see in him. He's always trying to help others (mainly about college/ school/ work issues), and really dislikes people who think they're better, and that humiliate others just because they have a good achievement, etc. He says that if I suffer, he'll suffer too. I found it to be very Fe, but I don't really know if I've mistaken a developed Fi thinking it's Fe, or it's something about the relationship between us. He sometimes thinks about people when making decisions too.

    It's very confusing. Or maybe I'm influenced by stereotypes I find in descriptions.

    (I have to say that the ENTJ's I know IRL are very kind, about INTJ's... they seem like INFP's in an armour, and may come off in scary ways at times).
    That's a cold Fi anger you're seeing, coming from the tertiary.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #6
    Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    I'd guess at ENTJ from the information you have given.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

  7. #7
    Senior Member burymecloser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    514

    Default

    I'll go in a different direction. ESFJ seems plausible to me. ESFJs usually make friends easily and get along with almost everyone, and the planning could be Si rather than Thinking.

    Failing that, I'd suggest ESTJ or ENTP.

  8. #8

    Default

    Thank you all!

    Yesterday he took an in depth MBTI test, he scored as EXFJ, then, he read the descriptions and identified a lot with the ENFJ profiles...

    Maybe what was confusing me is that Fe-dom males come across in a way that they seem less "emotional" than Fe-dom females. My father is an ESFJ and I can see the same characteristic. They seem T-ish. (:

Similar Threads

  1. What is my boyfriend's type?
    By Fay in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-11-2013, 04:09 PM
  2. Desperate about finding my boyfriend's type :(....
    By Halfjillhalfjack in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 04:58 AM
  3. What Is My Sister's Type?
    By FallaciaSonata in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 09:37 PM
  4. What's My Brother's Type?
    By Glycerine in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-24-2008, 07:16 AM
  5. What's my Niece's type?
    By thinknlarge in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 06:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO