1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
socionics and MBTI not correlating. my socionics type is so clearly ENTp. It describes both how i act around others and my deeper insecurities. And yeah I tend to enjoy exploring everything like the description says even when my thought experiments would seem inhumane. for MBTI, the closest type would be INFP because of the emphasis on self discovery/understanding the interconnectedness of the universe etc. but the people on the forums are much too emotional, and the socionics description does not fit at all. INFP defines my life goals well, whereas ENTp describes my individual behaviour and responses better.
oh and im currently studying sociology, cultural studies, astronomy and the philosophy of science at uni. i enjoyed maths, chemistry, and economics in high school
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
i yearn to understand how the universe works but with a focus on the politics of countries, the world economy, differences between cultures and their fundamentals. quantum physics sounds really interesting but i dont think i will ever be capable of studying it.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
seeing past the media boundaries and becoming cultured. i found higher quality underground music, did personal research on religious beliefs (for fun, im not religious myself.), read up on studies (mostly about humanity or astronomy), read TIME magazine and the WEEK, watched foreign movies and shows like Q and A/SBS Insight, and started critiquing music for fun.
4) What makes you feel inferior?
when im not socially adept, my motor skills are bad, and when my fashion taste is lacking compared to "normal" people my age (who place importance on what the media tells them is good). im not that socially impaired though.. im still better than the complete losers. I would call myself an "in-betweener".
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Whatever would be more fun for me, i tend to reflect on my initial response. if it would do more harm in the long term, i wouldn't act on it.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I don't particularly care about the outcome. It would be interesting what results from the process.
7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Crying with my then boyfriend because life was redundant. Intense moments are the best. Other instances would include reading books and looking out the window whilst listening to almost spiritual music. I felt like I was one with the universe and everything was beautiful.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
if it has instructions, i through them away and figure it out myself hands on. but if its theory then i research it to death and figure out how it works. that way, itll be retained in my long term memory. i cant memorise facts/statistics without a story or reason behind them at all. repetitive memorisation just doesnt work for me.
9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
organised if i feel a sense of responsibility over my belongings. if its not mine, i will leave it there. also, if something is already disorganized, i will be scared to touch it. messy things really make me feel helpless because they remind me of dumps and how unhygienic the living conditions of developing countries are. they give me existential crises.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I look for information that supports it first, and then try to understand the principles behind it.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
i like being myself, but secretly o.o
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
i think before speaking, and i prefer one-on-one communication
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
i like to know where im jumping first. and actions speak more than words, because people lie alot.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Considering a night out with my friends usually involves eating, movies and just hanging out to talk, i would go with my friends and watch the show online. i hate partying and alcohol (hedonistic happiness).
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
i tell myself to stop thinking and concentrate on something else for about 1 minute to clear up my mind before concocting a solution to the problem.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
self entitlement, thinking that their needs are more important than others, rather than being as important. people who dont even consider compromise. people who blindly follow "authority figures" without questioning their motives and credibility.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
contemplating the reasons behind pretty much every common human habit or lifestyle. discussing political policies (not the pointless propaganda/party leaders), economics, culture, the universe, etc.
18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
whether i walk into a pole or not, the date, celebrities, fashion trends, internet trends. i find living in my own world more enriching and less limiting than following popular culture.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
it depends on the friend. close friends would say that i have issues, and that i can have really high standards for other people. acquaintances would see me as jumpy, aloof and disorganised. i put up this act because people wouldn't see me as a threat and won't pay attention to me. i really dont like it when people notice me, i think i have anxiety.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
reading a book, listening to music, looking at the sky/clouds, maybe taking a walk in a park or walking through shops to absorb the energies. this whole energy absorption thing is a central part to my understanding of the universe.