• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anyone wanna type me?

choccrunchie

MBTI Type
._.
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
socionics and MBTI not correlating. my socionics type is so clearly ENTp. It describes both how i act around others and my deeper insecurities. And yeah I tend to enjoy exploring everything like the description says even when my thought experiments would seem inhumane. for MBTI, the closest type would be INFP because of the emphasis on self discovery/understanding the interconnectedness of the universe etc. but the people on the forums are much too emotional, and the socionics description does not fit at all. INFP defines my life goals well, whereas ENTp describes my individual behaviour and responses better.

oh and im currently studying sociology, cultural studies, astronomy and the philosophy of science at uni. i enjoyed maths, chemistry, and economics in high school

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
i yearn to understand how the universe works but with a focus on the politics of countries, the world economy, differences between cultures and their fundamentals. quantum physics sounds really interesting but i dont think i will ever be capable of studying it.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
seeing past the media boundaries and becoming cultured. i found higher quality underground music, did personal research on religious beliefs (for fun, im not religious myself.), read up on studies (mostly about humanity or astronomy), read TIME magazine and the WEEK, watched foreign movies and shows like Q and A/SBS Insight, and started critiquing music for fun.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
when im not socially adept, my motor skills are bad, and when my fashion taste is lacking compared to "normal" people my age (who place importance on what the media tells them is good). im not that socially impaired though.. im still better than the complete losers. I would call myself an "in-betweener".

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Whatever would be more fun for me, i tend to reflect on my initial response. if it would do more harm in the long term, i wouldn't act on it.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I don't particularly care about the outcome. It would be interesting what results from the process.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Crying with my then boyfriend because life was redundant. Intense moments are the best. Other instances would include reading books and looking out the window whilst listening to almost spiritual music. I felt like I was one with the universe and everything was beautiful.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
if it has instructions, i through them away and figure it out myself hands on. but if its theory then i research it to death and figure out how it works. that way, itll be retained in my long term memory. i cant memorise facts/statistics without a story or reason behind them at all. repetitive memorisation just doesnt work for me.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
organised if i feel a sense of responsibility over my belongings. if its not mine, i will leave it there. also, if something is already disorganized, i will be scared to touch it. messy things really make me feel helpless because they remind me of dumps and how unhygienic the living conditions of developing countries are. they give me existential crises.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I look for information that supports it first, and then try to understand the principles behind it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
i like being myself, but secretly o.o

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
i think before speaking, and i prefer one-on-one communication

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
i like to know where im jumping first. and actions speak more than words, because people lie alot.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Considering a night out with my friends usually involves eating, movies and just hanging out to talk, i would go with my friends and watch the show online. i hate partying and alcohol (hedonistic happiness).

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
i tell myself to stop thinking and concentrate on something else for about 1 minute to clear up my mind before concocting a solution to the problem.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
self entitlement, thinking that their needs are more important than others, rather than being as important. people who dont even consider compromise. people who blindly follow "authority figures" without questioning their motives and credibility.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
contemplating the reasons behind pretty much every common human habit or lifestyle. discussing political policies (not the pointless propaganda/party leaders), economics, culture, the universe, etc.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
whether i walk into a pole or not, the date, celebrities, fashion trends, internet trends. i find living in my own world more enriching and less limiting than following popular culture.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
it depends on the friend. close friends would say that i have issues, and that i can have really high standards for other people. acquaintances would see me as jumpy, aloof and disorganised. i put up this act because people wouldn't see me as a threat and won't pay attention to me. i really dont like it when people notice me, i think i have anxiety.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
reading a book, listening to music, looking at the sky/clouds, maybe taking a walk in a park or walking through shops to absorb the energies. this whole energy absorption thing is a central part to my understanding of the universe.

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm too tired to go through the process of pulling apart everything right now and explaining my reasoning, and I know nothing of socionics, but I will suggest that you check out the INTP descriptions.
I'm leaning towards that right now, after reading your answers to those questions.
http://www.intp.org/intprofile.html

choccrunchie

MBTI Type
._.
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nice! Aussie aussie! Did you check out the INTP type?
Any luck so far aswell?

the description describes my thirst for knowledge and nostalgic music well, but im not sure about the interest in photography and logic. i loathe photography, and i gradually bore of maths. oh and im not as cold.

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah i did, the description describes my thirst for knowledge well, but im not sure about the interest in photography and logic. i loathe photography, and i gradually bore of maths

Gotta try and look at without making it more generalised, a good you can do is look at the individual functions and avoid the profile stereotypes

choccrunchie

MBTI Type
._.
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=8973]Joehobo[/MENTION], could you explain Ti and Ni to me? i dont quite understand them

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I accidently lost everything I typed.. so this will be brief sorry, I don't have much time lately for typeC

I know near to nothing about Ni, and only a little about Ti.

Ti being a judging function basically analyses and flesh' out logical inconsistencies, in the processes involving decision making. It tends to have an internal structure built upon theories, and principles which it has assimilated within itself in order to understand the world it's experiencing. This is an introverted function focused inwardly.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the description describes my thirst for knowledge and nostalgic music well, but im not sure about the interest in photography and logic. i loathe photography, and i gradually bore of maths. oh and im not as cold.

Photography? Try not to nitpick the descriptions so much. INTP.

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I suggest you start researching then, question: how long have you been trying to type yourself?

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i originally thought intp too but this thread really confused me: http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-personality-type/98144-confused-between-intp-infp-d.html

so im really questioning my knowledge of the functions

Went through your thread, man, honestly speaking. It looks like you're just going in circles, and you're nitpicking alot at little things rather than taking in the bigger picture. Right now I'm not sure at what to type you, but it does look like your over analysing all the individual and CONFLICTING information you've been given. Step away from it all for a little, don't worry about typing yourself - focus on things outside of your own head and maybe you'll start to find a bit more clarity. I'm also guessing you are young, and this unfortunately only makes it more difficult to type you, although I'm not saying it's extremely difficult.. it just depends on the stability in your life right now.

However with all that being said, I' am still sticking with my earlier suggestion that I feel you give off an INTP vibe.

choccrunchie

MBTI Type
._.
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Went through your thread, man, honestly speaking. It looks like you're just going in circles, and you're nitpicking alot at little things rather than taking in the bigger picture. Right now I'm not sure at what to type you, but it does look like your over analysing all the individual and CONFLICTING information you've been given. Step away from it all for a little, don't worry about typing yourself - focus on things outside of your own head and maybe you'll start to find a bit more clarity. I'm also guessing you are young, and this unfortunately only makes it more difficult to type you, although I'm not saying it's extremely difficult.. it just depends on the stability in your life right now.

However with all that being said, I' am still sticking with my earlier suggestion that I feel you give off an INTP vibe.

thanks that was really helpful :)