User Tag List

123 Last

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Talking Do him, would you?

I recently got to know someone intriguing. What I imagine a boy of summer grown up, no longer as lost, would be. Am wondering what his type is.

Got him to take the cognitive functions test, and it showed a blend of Ni, Ne, Ti, Te. But INTJ and ENTPs are much different in feel, and I should be able to tell them apart.
    Yet I have difficulty with him as he exhibits traits that defies a part of each type.

Some notes:

• He is very self-contained, does not show much impatience, nor emotion.
    • He can appear cold, yet he cares deeply about things. But the revelation comes in a few words, or a sentence. Never excessive emotionalities. I think you'd never see him lose his temper.
    • A gentleman of the old school, in all senses of the word. Always courteous to ladies, never going into ugly fights/behaviours. Seems to understand boundaries and rules innately.
    • A master wordsmith. Extremely well-read, can hold his own on any debate on personality, philosophy, religion, politics and sociology.
    • An observer of human nature, but he does not judge them. Seems to enjoy poking them for reactions, though uncomfortable being poked himself.
    • A quiet sense of humour and a sense of fun that can be sparked, but the play seems to come as a response vs an initiative, but it could be because I'm not in his inner circle.
    • If irritated/frustrated, it shows via class sarcasm, for want of a better word. Does not suffer fools gladly, simply ignores most or take veiled stabs at them. But always with a smile.
    • Has a presence that fills a room. Interaction with him feels like circling a banked fire. Something is simmering inside, but you do not really know what.
    • And yes, he is good-looking, dresses well, takes care of his body and makes me feel, exquisitely female.
    • I'm never able to rid myself of the feeling that he sees me as an amusing little chit. Like a birdie he'd let sit on his finger on a sunlit day, just to see if I'd fly or stay.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.8)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) **************** (16.6)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************* (43.9)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************************** (41.9)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************************** (35.1)
    good use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************************** (41.1)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************** (22.4)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************** (20.6)
    limited use

So... Is this what a grown up ENTP, at peace with always being partly empty, feels like? Or is this an INTJ who has grown beyond the hyper sensitivity to normal human foibles? Or is he another type I'm blinded to?

What other questions would you need to have answered to address a best guess consensus of his type?

Edit: Would you also please give reasons for why you think he is which type.. thanks.

MBTI
    type

INTJ. the best grown up of the type. read your own description, it's classic of that type.

ENTPs are never as centred as that. ENTPs tend to have excess words/emotions when one will do.

edit: the Fi score is what gives it away
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by elfinchilde View Post
    INTJ. the best grown up of the type.
    Seconded.
    "We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are."
    ...Anais Nin

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by elfinchilde View Post
    INTJ. the best grown up of the type. read your own description, it's classic of that type.

ENTPs are never as centred as that. ENTPs tend to have excess words/emotions when one will do.

edit: the Fi score is what gives it away
    Consider other types though. Do a negative elimination if you will. Ask more questions and suspend judgement first.

Also, perhaps you're blind-sided as I am, in thinking ENTPs would never be centred?

I've not met an INTJ, who did not unintentionally/intentionally hurt others by badly placed words and too blunt speeches, and simply, not knowing how to treat others properly. The part of him that defied a "classic" INTJ description is this: forbearance. He does not judge nor criticise. He does not have the arrogance and elitism which is common in the type. He translates his thoughts to words with much more ease than I'd imagine an INTJ would.

So I question your use of the phrase "classic of that type" regarding this guy.

If that is the case, what is an unclassic INTJ?

MBTI
    INFP

From your description he really seems like a perfect mix between INTP and ENTP. His results seem to confirm this. (About balanced Ti and Ne). In addition he's balanced Ne+Ti with Ni+Te, making him more rounded but more difficult to type.

So XNTP is my guess, and if forced to lose the X, I'd say INTP.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    From your description he really seems like a perfect mix between INTP and ENTP. His results seem to confirm this. (About balanced Ti and Ne). In addition he's balanced Ne+Ti with Ni+Te, making him more rounded but more difficult to type.

So XNTP is my guess, and if forced to lose the X, I'd say INTP.
    Why not J, as tovlo and my sis thinks though?

Edit: Ni + Te = INTJ..

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Why not J, as tovlo and my sis thinks though?
    Because your description doesn't match an ENTJ or an INTJ in my eyes. Nor does the test (if it's accurate). His Te is actually quite low compared with Ne, Ti and Ni. My bet is he's an XNTP with some J traits.

If we were to disregard the test altogether I'd guess INFJ before INTJ.

Edit: My results on that test were:
    Ne = 48 excellent use
    Fi = 39.7 excellent use

Ni = 34.5 good use
    Fe = 33.5 good use
    Ti = 31.8 good use

Se= 21.5 limited use
    Te = 16.2 limited use

Si = 15.2 unused

You could argue that this test makes me ENFP or that it's also possible I could be INFJ because Ni/Fe are rather strong, but the reality is I'm an INFP who exhibits certain ENFP, INFJ and INTP traits.

By that logic I'm guessing he's an XNTP who exhibits certain Ni and Te traits.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    Because your description doesn't match an ENTJ or an INTJ in my eyes. Nor does the test (if it's accurate). His Te is actually quite low compared with Ne, Ti and Ni. My bet is he's an XNTP with some J traits.

If we were to disregard the test altogether I'd guess INFJ before INTJ.
    Explain INFJ?

Also, is there any questions you would like answered to further a guess?

MBTI
    INFP

Made an edit above by the way.

Explain INFJ?

Also, is there any questions you would like answered to further a guess?
    Bolding the parts that could be INFJ. (Yes, many could also be INTJ or other types, but some still strike me as more INFJ than INTJ. You'll never know if he's INFJ or INTJ before you get inside his defenses though, and it's not a quick process with either type.)

Some notes:

* He is very self-contained, does not show much impatience, nor emotion.
    * He can appear cold, yet he cares deeply about things. But the revelation comes in a few words, or a sentence. Never excessive emotionalities. I think you'd never see him lose his temper.
    * A gentleman of the old school, in all senses of the word. Always courteous to ladies, never going into ugly fights/behaviours. Seems to understand boundaries and rules innately.
    * A master wordsmith. Extremely well-read, can hold his own on any debate on personality, philosophy, religion, politics and sociology.
    * An observer of human nature, but he does not judge them. Seems to enjoy poking them for reactions, though uncomfortable being poked himself.
    * A quiet sense of humour and a sense of fun that can be sparked, but the play seems to come as a response vs an initiative, but it could be because I'm not in his inner circle.
    * If irritated/frustrated, it shows via class sarcasm, for want of a better word. Does not suffer fools gladly, simply ignores most or take veiled stabs at them. But always with a smile.
    * Has a presence that fills a room. Interaction with him feels like circling a banked fire. Something is simmering inside, but you do not really know what.
    * And yes, he is good-looking, dresses well, takes care of his body and makes me feel, exquisitely female.
    * I'm never able to rid myself of the feeling that he sees me as an amusing little chit. Like a birdie he'd let sit on his finger on a sunlit day, just to see if I'd fly or stay.
    Hm... also realized you said he doesn't judge people, but don't suffer fools gladly, indicating that he does indeed judge people, but pretends not to. Sounds like a typical INFJ. My intuition still tells me XNTP though. And no, I don't have any questions right now. I feel I know enough to jump to conclusions.

MBTI
    type

i never liked having to count from one to ten in order. nor to verbalise my thoughts, because at the end, most only want the final answer and not the process.

but since you really want to, this is for you.

Consider other types though. Do a negative elimination if you will. Ask more questions and suspend judgement first.
    as you wish. i'll take you through the elimination process below upon which i derived the letter code.

Also, perhaps you're blind-sided as I am, in thinking ENTPs would never be centred?
    I said never as centred. ie, if i were to choose one: between the INTJ and ENTP, who's more centred, then by type alone, it'd be INTJ.

I've not met an INTJ, who did not unintentionally/intentionally hurt others by badly placed words and too blunt speeches, and simply, not knowing how to treat others properly. The part of him that defied a "classic" INTJ description is this: forbearance. He does not judge nor criticise. He does not have the arrogance and elitism which is common in the type. He translates his thoughts to words with much more ease than I'd imagine an INTJ would.

So I question your use of the phrase "classic of that type" regarding this guy.

If that is the case, what is an unclassic INTJ?
    I said classic of the grown up of the type. it ain't my fault if you've only met unhealthy INTJs, you know.

i know two INTJs in real life who are like what you said. Forebearance, and they listen. Aren't too bad in lang, either. one was a former GP teacher. It all depends on what system they had chosen to Te. Can be very, very precise in word. (will admit, it's a rare intj who can communicate well tho. )

edit: one more thing: INTJs always judge; but the classy ones never let their disdain be known. they show it ala high society. with a classy disdain in the barest of words.

discretion is the domain of the INTx. But i'd say not intp, because intps implode til they explode, and if they don't like you, they aren't gonna hide it anyway.

the deconstruction

16 types in all.
    ISTJ, ESTJ, ISFJ, ESFJ.
    INTJ, ENTJ, INFJ, ENFJ.
    ISTP, ESTP, ISFP, ESFP.
    INTP, ENTP, INFP, ENFP.

• He is very self-contained, does not show much impatience, nor emotion. ---strike out the FPs.

leaving:

ISTJ, ESTJ, ISFJ, ESFJ
      INTJ, ENTJ INFJ ENFJ
      ISTP ESTP
      INTP ENTP

• He can appear cold, yet he cares deeply about things. But the revelation comes in a few words, or a sentence. Never excessive emotionalities. I think you'd never see him lose his temper.

--what i call the hidden temperaments. ie, not xxFP. Circumspect in words tends to be a T function.

caring deeply implies an NF/NT/SF: since N sees what can be, and SF will care, while ST is only intersted in following the rules. (altho it is not completely eliminated at this stage).

likely,

ISFJ ESFJ
      INTJ ENTJ INFJ ENFJ
      INTP ENTP

• A gentleman of the old school, in all senses of the word. Always courteous to ladies, never going into ugly fights/behaviours. Seems to understand boundaries and rules innately.

--can just be social training, as would be expected of his class.

but if it is genuinely innate: strike out the flameballs and the temper tantrums. Also strike out low Fe (ie, INTP. *waves* ).

ISFJ, INTJ, ENTJ, ENTP.
    • A master wordsmith. Extremely well-read, can hold his own on any debate on personality, philosophy, religion, politics and sociology.

--the Rationals. NT.

leaving INTJ ENTJ ENTP (hold ISFJ on backburner)
    • An observer of human nature, but he does not judge them. Seems to enjoy poking them for reactions, though uncomfortable being poked himself.

--not wanting to be poked: is an introvert function. The space for selves are clearly delineated. Again, observer: Rational. NT.
    • A quiet sense of humour and a sense of fun that can be sparked, but the play seems to come as a response vs an initiative, but it could be because I'm not in his inner circle.

--strike out the E.

ISFJ or INTJ. (E: do they usually response, or take initiative in social settings?)
    • If irritated/frustrated, it shows via class sarcasm, for want of a better word. Does not suffer fools gladly, simply ignores most or take veiled stabs at them. But always with a smile.

an ISFJ is too mild for that.
    • Has a presence that fills a room. Interaction with him feels like circling a banked fire. Something is simmering inside, but you do not really know what.

--mystery is the domain of the introvert. especially, the N introvert.
    • And yes, he is good-looking, dresses well, takes care of his body and makes me feel, exquisitely female.

--doesn't say anything except social breeding.
    • I'm never able to rid myself of the feeling that he sees me as an amusing little chit. Like a birdie he'd let sit on his finger on a sunlit day, just to see if I'd fly or stay.

--like a benevolent lion at rest watching his cubs, isn't it?

how lion-like are ENTPs? in comparison

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.8)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) **************** (16.6)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************* (43.9)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************************** (41.9)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************************** (35.1)
    good use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************************** (41.1)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************** (22.4)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************** (20.6)
    limited use
    Ne/Ni is equally strong. as is Ti/Te.

Hence, what's left is to elucidate the weakest functions.

edit: ye gawds, helping the cousin with maths now, this post took me forever to type. :steam:
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland