User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Have you considered the possibility he might be an ENTJ instead?

So far, he looks like an xNTx, a young one (no well developed tertiary).
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

No fun, so do you like this guy or what?

Was your thread title a double entendre or not?

Edit: if you *do* like him, don't let these MBTI mongers dissect him to shreds before he can let his true character reveal itself.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post

Edit: if you *do* like him, don't let these MBTI mongers dissect him to shreds before he can let his true character reveal itself.
    Agreed!!!
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

I'm gonna go with INTJ, too.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Why on earth would you get him to do the cognitive functions test but not an actual MBTI test? Do you enjoy mystery? Were you trying to conceal your intense interest?

How old is this guy? How well do you know him? Do you get any chances to watch him interacting with other people?

To be honest, your description of him is just too vague and resembles just about any given smart, polite person on a good/bad day. More information needed!

<doubts, second guessing doubts, and list of "me"s>
    JJJ, your post made me chuckle.

I didn't get him to do an actual MBTI test as I do not know of a reliable free site.

He is in the late 20s - early 30s range. My observations was based on watching interactions. If you have more questions to ask, it would help, as I do not know what information would be relevant or not.

These are negative traits I've observed in him:

Stubborn; overconfident at times; occasionally overlooks Se detail; resistant to group affiliation and strongly independent, yet feels lonely and distant; doesn't ask for help when needed; feels "different" from others; doesn't always vocalize thoughts out of experiential frustration and/or sympathy; enjoys systems sometimes more than people.

As a child, learning came naturally, so he took it for granted. But he buckled down once he realised he had to earn a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    No. Maybe many INFJs will, but I've met several INFJ guys who won't, at least until you're far far inside their defenses. I still don't think he's INFJ, but the picture drawn fits my experience with male INFJs much better than my experience with male INTJs.

The main difference is that then you see that one is T and one is F. Many INFJ guys don't show much of the F before you get beneath their skin, so they end up looking like Ts.

Ever heard of the warm and fuzzy theory (probably called something completely different really):

As for the edit being unfair: I did it right after posting before there were any replies, so if you hadn't been so eager on stalking your own threads and wearing out your F5, it would all have been good.
    at theory.

How would a learnt INTJ, or say, an INFJ morphed to INTJ, be different from a blue-blood INTJ?

Yes, how could you tell my f5 is worn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    Also, I think your guy is INFJ also, a very mature one too. INFJs can give the illusion of being more mature then they actually are, until you get them to open there mouth and they say something completly off the wall. It's a good measure, not if they say something off the wall, because I assure you they probably will, but what they say.

Basically what I'm trying to say is aelen, to take that horse to a quiet field and ride him.
    What would be some off-the-wall things, that is different from say, an ENTP rambling?

And no, *cough* no riding.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Have you considered the possibility he might be an ENTJ instead?

So far, he looks like an xNTx, a young one (no well developed tertiary).
    Hi Blackmail! Not ruling out any possibilities, was just opening it up for discussion, but so far, the vote looks split between INTJ, INTP, INFJ, mild ENTP tendencies.

Why I never thought ENTJ, was because there was never that overt "lion" influence from him. Folks gravitate to him, and he does intimidate some, but the influence stems from an innate restraint, vs an overt control.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    No fun, so do you like this guy or what?

Was your thread title a double entendre or not?

Aheeee. NF weighing in. I like him in as far as I find him interesting. If I loved someone, the type wouldn't matter.

Right now, all I'm keen in is to try puzzle out which type, or what is the best fit type, the board's eyes would see him as, as I'm stymied by the fact that someone of such a clear character, can be so hard to type.

Perhaps I missed some clues myself for e.g. Or never realised some facts. It is why I've been asking for questions, and a discussion of reasons why some are guessing which type, vs hard conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    I'm gonna go with INTJ, too.
    Rationale? And welcome to MBTIc.

For what it's worth, this all seems like a picture-perfect description of myself, but I suppose that says more about the vagueness of the descriptions themselves than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by aelan
    * He is very self-contained, does not show much impatience, nor emotion.
    * He can appear cold, yet he cares deeply about things. But the revelation comes in a few words, or a sentence. Never excessive emotionalities. I think you'd never see him lose his temper.
    * A gentleman of the old school, in all senses of the word. Always courteous to ladies, never going into ugly fights/behaviours. Seems to understand boundaries and rules innately.
    * A master wordsmith. Extremely well-read, can hold his own on any debate on personality, philosophy, religion, politics and sociology.
    * An observer of human nature, but he does not judge them. Seems to enjoy poking them for reactions, though uncomfortable being poked himself.
    * A quiet sense of humour and a sense of fun that can be sparked, but the play seems to come as a response vs an initiative, but it could be because I'm not in his inner circle.
    * If irritated/frustrated, it shows via class sarcasm, for want of a better word. Does not suffer fools gladly, simply ignores most or take veiled stabs at them. But always with a smile.
    * Has a presence that fills a room. Interaction with him feels like circling a banked fire. Something is simmering inside, but you do not really know what.
    * And yes, he is good-looking, dresses well, takes care of his body and makes me feel, exquisitely female.
    * I'm never able to rid myself of the feeling that he sees me as an amusing little chit. Like a birdie he'd let sit on his finger on a sunlit day, just to see if I'd fly or stay.

Stubborn; overconfident at times; occasionally overlooks Se detail; resistant to group affiliation and strongly independent, yet feels lonely and distant; doesn't ask for help when needed; feels "different" from others; doesn't always vocalize thoughts out of experiential frustration and/or sympathy; enjoys systems sometimes more than people.

As a child, learning came naturally, so he took it for granted. But he buckled down once he realised he had to earn a living.
    Probably INTJ, though a very mature and well balanced one. Since I don't know him personally I have nothing to go by except intuition in this case.
    FINIS

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Hmm. Perhaps open to all, but what would be a less ubiquitous descriptor? I'm having trouble coming up with a description that is deathly unique. Or if someone can give a scenario, I can give how he'd likely react. Would that be better?

Edit: Hang on, JIL - if it is a picture perfect description of you, why do you say INTJ and not INTP?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    What would be some off-the-wall things, that is different from say, an ENTP rambling?

And no, *cough* no riding.
    *Sigh*

Pity.

From what I understand an ENTP would shoot off on rant not to different from "What would happen if X Y'd to Z?" someone running on Ni might say the same thing but not to find out what would happen, because he already has an idea of what would happen. He'd ask to see if you knew what would happen.

Also re-reading the OP makes me believe (yes, I'm changing my mind also) he's INTJ also. Whatever he is he's obviously very mature, using all of his functions at least moderatly.

MBTI
    type

if things could be deathly unique, there wouldn't be just 16 types....
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

He's a dominant male.