• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do him, would you?

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Have you considered the possibility he might be an ENTJ instead?

So far, he looks like an xNTx, a young one (no well developed tertiary).

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
No fun, so do you like this guy or what?

Was your thread title a double entendre or not? :devil:

Edit: if you *do* like him, don't let these MBTI mongers dissect him to shreds before he can let his true character reveal itself. :D

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Why on earth would you get him to do the cognitive functions test but not an actual MBTI test? Do you enjoy mystery? Were you trying to conceal your intense interest?

How old is this guy? How well do you know him? Do you get any chances to watch him interacting with other people?

To be honest, your description of him is just too vague and resembles just about any given smart, polite person on a good/bad day. More information needed!

<doubts, second guessing doubts, and list of "me"s>

:rofl1: JJJ, your post made me chuckle.

I didn't get him to do an actual MBTI test as I do not know of a reliable free site.

He is in the late 20s - early 30s range. My observations was based on watching interactions. If you have more questions to ask, it would help, as I do not know what information would be relevant or not.

These are negative traits I've observed in him:

Stubborn; overconfident at times; occasionally overlooks Se detail; resistant to group affiliation and strongly independent, yet feels lonely and distant; doesn't ask for help when needed; feels "different" from others; doesn't always vocalize thoughts out of experiential frustration and/or sympathy; enjoys systems sometimes more than people.

As a child, learning came naturally, so he took it for granted. But he buckled down once he realised he had to earn a living.

No. Maybe many INFJs will, but I've met several INFJ guys who won't, at least until you're far far inside their defenses. I still don't think he's INFJ, but the picture drawn fits my experience with male INFJs much better than my experience with male INTJs.

The main difference is that then you see that one is T and one is F. Many INFJ guys don't show much of the F before you get beneath their skin, so they end up looking like Ts.

Ever heard of the warm and fuzzy theory (probably called something completely different really):

As for the edit being unfair: I did it right after posting before there were any replies, so if you hadn't been so eager on stalking your own threads and wearing out your F5, it would all have been good. :D

:D at theory.

How would a learnt INTJ, or say, an INFJ morphed to INTJ, be different from a blue-blood INTJ?

Yes, how could you tell my f5 is worn out.:D

Also, I think your guy is INFJ also, a very mature one too. INFJs can give the illusion of being more mature then they actually are, until you get them to open there mouth and they say something completly off the wall. It's a good measure, not if they say something off the wall, because I assure you they probably will, but what they say.

Basically what I'm trying to say is aelen, to take that horse to a quiet field and ride him. ;)

What would be some off-the-wall things, that is different from say, an ENTP rambling?

And no, *cough* no riding.

Have you considered the possibility he might be an ENTJ instead?

So far, he looks like an xNTx, a young one (no well developed tertiary).

Hi Blackmail! Not ruling out any possibilities, was just opening it up for discussion, but so far, the vote looks split between INTJ, INTP, INFJ, mild ENTP tendencies.

Why I never thought ENTJ, was because there was never that overt "lion" influence from him. Folks gravitate to him, and he does intimidate some, but the influence stems from an innate restraint, vs an overt control.

No fun, so do you like this guy or what?

Was your thread title a double entendre or not? :devil:

Edit: if you *do* like him, don't let these MBTI mongers dissect him to shreds before he can let his true character reveal itself. :D

Aheeee. NF weighing in. :D I like him in as far as I find him interesting. If I loved someone, the type wouldn't matter.

Right now, all I'm keen in is to try puzzle out which type, or what is the best fit type, the board's eyes would see him as, as I'm stymied by the fact that someone of such a clear character, can be so hard to type.

Perhaps I missed some clues myself for e.g. Or never realised some facts. It is why I've been asking for questions, and a discussion of reasons why some are guessing which type, vs hard conclusions.

I'm gonna go with INTJ, too.

Rationale? And welcome to MBTIc. :)

JILebedev

For what it's worth, this all seems like a picture-perfect description of myself, but I suppose that says more about the vagueness of the descriptions themselves than anything else.

aelan said:
* He is very self-contained, does not show much impatience, nor emotion.
* He can appear cold, yet he cares deeply about things. But the revelation comes in a few words, or a sentence. Never excessive emotionalities. I think you'd never see him lose his temper.
* A gentleman of the old school, in all senses of the word. Always courteous to ladies, never going into ugly fights/behaviours. Seems to understand boundaries and rules innately.
* A master wordsmith. Extremely well-read, can hold his own on any debate on personality, philosophy, religion, politics and sociology.
* An observer of human nature, but he does not judge them. Seems to enjoy poking them for reactions, though uncomfortable being poked himself.
* A quiet sense of humour and a sense of fun that can be sparked, but the play seems to come as a response vs an initiative, but it could be because I'm not in his inner circle.
* If irritated/frustrated, it shows via class sarcasm, for want of a better word. Does not suffer fools gladly, simply ignores most or take veiled stabs at them. But always with a smile.
* Has a presence that fills a room. Interaction with him feels like circling a banked fire. Something is simmering inside, but you do not really know what.
* And yes, he is good-looking, dresses well, takes care of his body and makes me feel, exquisitely female.
* I'm never able to rid myself of the feeling that he sees me as an amusing little chit. Like a birdie he'd let sit on his finger on a sunlit day, just to see if I'd fly or stay.

Stubborn; overconfident at times; occasionally overlooks Se detail; resistant to group affiliation and strongly independent, yet feels lonely and distant; doesn't ask for help when needed; feels "different" from others; doesn't always vocalize thoughts out of experiential frustration and/or sympathy; enjoys systems sometimes more than people.

As a child, learning came naturally, so he took it for granted. But he buckled down once he realised he had to earn a living.

Probably INTJ, though a very mature and well balanced one. Since I don't know him personally I have nothing to go by except intuition in this case.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hmm. Perhaps open to all, but what would be a less ubiquitous descriptor? I'm having trouble coming up with a description that is deathly unique. Or if someone can give a scenario, I can give how he'd likely react. Would that be better?

Edit: Hang on, JIL - if it is a picture perfect description of you, why do you say INTJ and not INTP?

Atomic Fiend

What would be some off-the-wall things, that is different from say, an ENTP rambling?

And no, *cough* no riding.
*Sigh*

Pity.

From what I understand an ENTP would shoot off on rant not to different from "What would happen if X Y'd to Z?" someone running on Ni might say the same thing but not to find out what would happen, because he already has an idea of what would happen. He'd ask to see if you knew what would happen.

Also re-reading the OP makes me believe (yes, I'm changing my mind also) he's INTJ also. Whatever he is he's obviously very mature, using all of his functions at least moderatly.

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
if things could be deathly unique, there wouldn't be just 16 types....

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Huh. I was all ready to move this thread about whether Yoda is sexy or not to the Sexuality subforum. Imagine my surprise.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
*Sigh*

Pity.

From what I understand an ENTP would shoot off on rant not to different from "What would happen if X Y'd to Z?" someone running on Ni might say the same thing but not to find out what would happen, because he already has an idea of what would happen. He'd ask to see if you knew what would happen.

Also re-reading the OP makes me believe (yes, I'm changing my mind also) he's INTJ also. Whatever he is he's obviously very mature, using all of his functions at least moderatly.

In other words, you believe his "openess" & suspension of judgement is merely a seeking for corroboration of his ideas, ergo INTJ.

He's a dominant male.

Yes.

Huh. I was all ready to move this thread about whether Yoda is sexy or not to the Sexuality subforum. Imagine my surprise.

Meh. I can stay in the bounds of classification. :cry: I just chose a title which'd have more eyeballs, that's all. Throw in your two cents? You're an astute judge.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
From the descriptions here he seems INxJ, very close on the T/F, but I'd lean toward INFJ if I had to nail it down.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Based on description and function testing...

He's an Ni dominant (His test results looks awfully like mine :ninja:)
INTJ vs INFJ... hmmm I lean towards FJ.

Remember you have to work against the stereotype for males... especially if he's a gentleman of old school... that can bias test responses. ;)

JILebedev

aelan said:
Edit: Hang on, JIL - if it is a picture perfect description of you, why do you say INTJ and not INTP?

Well, actually, I think I'm being quite the hypocrite as I'm not even sure of my own type. I've always tested as INTJ (even when I took my very first test years ago). Why do I doubt, then? For once, I'm not very ambitious, don't have a clear sense of what to do with my life, I'm quite the slacker, I never really make plans other than a general mental picture in my mind, etc. Despite this, anyone who knows me would say I'm quite an orderly person and not very impulsive. I'm also not comfortable with chaos, impulsiveness, uncertainty, not knowing what's going to happen, etc - I just don't tend to make plans myself. I would settle for INTX if I could, but the J/P dichotomy means the cognitive functions are totally reversed either way.

This may sound ridiculous, but I've been going around for a long time now thinking about this constantly. I find it difficult to concentrate on anything else as my mind is always into this MBTI-mode, just churning out possibilities with no definite answers that will hold up to scrutiny, completely oblivious to my outside world. It really irritates me to no end not being able to definitely label myself. I need to know. I need a label I can call myself by. Just having a label (even though MBTI-classifications don't mean shit in the real world) would bring peace of mind and allow me to move on to other matters. I almost wish I'd never even heard of MBTI, as then I wouldn't have had these maddening questions on my mind.

For your pleasure, I retook the cognitive assessment test. Ne and Te are pretty much equal as well as Ni and Ti (with a slight emphasiz on Ti). Fi is the strongest of the remaining functions (I'm quite idealistic - tertiary function INTJ?) with Fe being the weakest (Not comfortable showing emotion - inferior function INTP?). Si is slightly more emphasized than Se.

The above really goes either way, depending on how you want to see it. My need for closure is what indicates INTJ, but my inability to reach a conclusion in this particular matter is what stays my hand. Somehow the INTP profile at INTP Central resonates with me (though I suspect this would be the case with all INT:s, and also because that particular profile was the most detailed I've ever read - no other INTJ profiles come anywhere near).

aelan said:
In other words, you believe his "openess" & suspension of judgement is merely a seeking for corroboration of his ideas, ergo INTJ.

Again, exactly like me. It is hard to admit, but I am not really interested in finding out the truth, but rather in being right. After all, the truth is what we make it. Reality is irrelevant, a mere arena for proving ideas, and I think this would be the case with your friend also. Am I right in this?

As I said, I have nothing except my own subjective opinion/intuition to go by (which I'm sure no one would find convincing, anyway). Your friend strikes me as a "cultivated" person, which in my experience isn't really the stereotypical image of the INTP but rather that of the INTJ.

Damn it, this would have made a great "What's my Type?" thread opener. I apologize for spilling over my own concerns unto your thread like this.

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
I would settle for INTX if I could, but the J/P dichotomy means the cognitive functions are totally reversed either way.

Only a problem if you believe in a strict order of the functions. (In which case most of us wouldn't be any type at all, just close to this or that type.) You can have INTPs with weak P and INTJs with weak J, why can't you have an INTX? It'd only mean exactly what your tests seem to indicate: That you have rather balanced Ti-Ni and Ne-Te.

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
Sounds INTJ to me, just not your average INTJ, if that makes any sense. Reminds me of myself only more mature. (Perhaps I too am maturing..)

redacted

i'd say INTJ with no hesitation.

the four INTJs i'm friends with are so different. the bitingly sarcastic run-you-over INTJ stereotype applies to only two of them. the other two are polite and peaceful. and one of them sounds a lot like the dude you described.

MBTI Type
INTJ
These are negative traits I've observed in him:

I suspected INTJ. But once I read this, I was more confident in that suspicion because not only do I have these traits, but I found it curious that you labeled most of them negative ;)