We've had our disputes yes, and aren't done with them yet either, but they tend not to be heated, just... stubborn and a bit long winded. Conflict pattern:
1. She gets upset by something I do/think and react as if I'm a complete moron for thinking it.
2. I try to explain my point of view.
3. She gives me the silent treatment.
4a) I buckle and compromise, but don't forget or
4b) I stubbornly claim I'm right and she cuts me off
5. We take a break from the discussion and get some perspective.
6. We become willing to see that the other person's point of view is valid given certain premises.
7. We debrief what happened.
8. I promise to try and change what can be changed, she apologizes for over reacting.