• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Scored same on Type 3,5 and 9...HELP

Rosamunda

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
I need help. I just did one of those Enneagram tests online. I know, I'm an EFSJ. The Enneagram test shows me, that I equally scored on Types: 3,5 and 9. What does that mean?

Last edited:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I need help. I just did one of those Enneagram tests online. I know, I'm an EFSJ. The Enneagram test shows me, that I equally scored on Types: 3,5 and 9. What does that mean?

Enneagram tests are highly unreliable .

If you are indeed an ESFJ there is almost no chance that you are a type 5 , even 9 is not that likely. What leaves you with a 3.

My suggest is that you google "enneagram 1" , "enneagram 2" ........ untill "enneagram 9" , and read all 9 descriptions. (and choose which fits the best)

G

Glycerine

Are you a very social person? If then, chances are 3. 5 and 9 are very low energy types. The order of likelihood is 3,9, 5.

I see myself as 5 Fe dom so there may be a slim chance that you are one too.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you a very social person? If then, chances are 3. 5 and 9 are very low energy types. The order of likelihood is 3,9, 5.

I see myself as 5 Fe dom so there may be a slim chance that you are one too.

9s can be every sociable too, especially Fe dom 9s. many 9s are mistaken for much more extroverted than they actually are

[MENTION=15670]Rosamunda[/MENTION]
tell us more about yourself :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enneagram tests are highly unreliable .

If you are indeed an ESFJ there is almost no chance that you are a type 5 , even 9 is not that likely. What leaves you with a 3.

My suggest is that you google "enneagram 1" , "enneagram 2" ........ untill "enneagram 9" , and read all 9 descriptions. (and choose which fits the best)

that is not the way to figure out someone's enneagram lol

G

Glycerine

[MENTION=15670]Rosamunda[/MENTION], I considered 9, 3, 6, 5. I tried to figure out what my main motivations and inscecurities were centered around and which enneagram fit best concerning them.
A little guideline 5, 6 tend to be more pessimistic and anxious about life. 5 tends to detach from the world. 6 engages the world. 9 is the most easy-going and typically has a more optimistic outlook. 3 is more positive but they want to achieve a certain image for themselves so they can be a bit tightly wound.

Rosamunda

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
Thank you guys so much :) I re read the descriptions for 3, 5 and 9 again. A lot of 3 fits me, which is to be honest quite hard to read since it doen't draw a nice picture of the person...I do like getting good feedback from others, and I do work hard. I wouldn't say I'm as ruthless as the text pointed out. And who doesn't like to be successful? After thoroughly reading the enneagram 5, I can confidently say, that it doesn't fit me at all...I do like to think about things and like to have things figured out around me, I'm not at all withdrawn or scared not to be strong enough to carry the weight of life. About 9 I can say, that I do like to have harmony around me, and try to get people to make peace with each other, not at any cost though, and also not because I cannot bear to be in a conflict. I just like to help people, and people come to me for a help often. So as much as it shocks me, I think I'm mostly a 3 :(

G

Glycerine

Thank you guys so much :) I re read the descriptions for 3, 5 and 9 again. A lot of 3 fits me, which is to be honest quite hard to read since it doen't draw a nice picture of the person...I do like getting good feedback from others, and I do work hard. I wouldn't say I'm as ruthless as the text pointed out. And who doesn't like to be successful? After thoroughly reading the enneagram 5, I can confidently say, that it doesn't fit me at all...I do like to think about things and like to have things figured out around me, I'm not at all withdrawn or scared not to be strong enough to carry the weight of life. About 9 I can say, that I do like to have harmony around me, and try to get people to make peace with each other, not at any cost though, and also not because I cannot bear to be in a conflict. I just like to help people, and people come to me for a help often. So as much as it shocks me, I think I'm mostly a 3 :(
3s are cool beans. They know how to get things done smoothly and efficiently and know how to woo a crowd at their best. I think Selena Gomez is EXFJ 3w4 and Rob Lowe is ESFJ 3w2. :D

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
that is not the way to figure out someone's enneagram lol
That's how I did it. :shrug:
I actually found it more reliable than the typing thread I made here.
This makes you sound 3w2 -- and the bolded is what sounds 2-ish to me.

And if it makes you feel any better -- pretty much all Enneagram descriptions sound unpleasant. Personally, when I read them, I think "Wow, these people have issues" :laugh: but I guess we all do, really.

Rosamunda

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
Thank you so much for your answers. After reading some of your "Myths about 3s" thread though I'm not sure if the 3w2 is accurate...for people always say I'm very distant, arrogant and aloof when they first meet me. It fades quickly if I chosse I wanna get to know the, better, but that is mostly their first impression of me. I'm new to this whole eneagramm thing, so is there more than a 3w2 and a 3w4 when it comes to 3s? What does the w number mean anyway?

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ill give you a tip: dont trust the tests. they are, just simply, not in correlation to the actual you at all. rather, go inside your mind and look at yourself in different times, what are the deep desires which really motivate you to live the way you do?

you cant trust the descriptions of enneas types, but, you can decipher how it would correlate deeply in you if you were motivated that way until you find few which match you better than the rest.

G

garbage

Thank you so much for your answers. After reading some of your "Myths about 3s" thread though I'm not sure if the 3w2 is accurate...for people always say I'm very distant, arrogant and aloof when they first meet me. It fades quickly if I chosse I wanna get to know the, better, but that is mostly their first impression of me.
I used to feel this way about myself, too; at times, I still do, but I'm usually pretty open in social settings nowadays. In that myths thread, [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] actually describes 3w4 as aloof (as compared to 3w2, at least)--which is probably about right.

Hell, most of my own '3-ness' comes in the form of an 'inner narcissism,' which in and of itself doesn't have much to do with sociability at all.

I'm new to this whole eneagramm thing, so is there more than a 3w2 and a 3w4 when it comes to 3s? What does the w number mean anyway?
The "w" denotes a "wing"--it's the notion that a neighboring type will have some influence on your personality. A 3w2 is a 3 with some 2 influence; a 3w4 is a 3 with some 4 influence. It helps to explain some nuances--such as the difference between a 3 with a 2 influence and a 3 with a 4 influence. (someone who's versed in the ol' Enneagram can elaborate..)

Wings are just another part of theory; some sources completely ignore the concept of wings, but we tend to use them here on the forums.

For more information about all of this, here's a good, very brief intro.

:cheers:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5578]bologna[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15670]Rosamunda[/MENTION]
the emotional state of a 3w4 is like a proud predator, but one who has a vulnerable wound that they go to lengths to hide. there is a sort of "look, but don't touch" quality to them and, for the most part, they tend to keep people at a distance until they warm up to them/form a connection. the 3w2 by contrast is much more warm, open and gregarious, with a sort of "come to me!" vibe to them. the prefer to get personal quicker and have no problem putting themselves out there (3w4s are much more private as a whole)

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Your test results mirrors my own early experience with the enneagram, however eventually I settled on 2w3. Looking at what you wrote here, I'm thinking you are also 2w3. You have a lot of 3ish qualities, but it doesn't overshadow your need to grow closer to others.

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Something that my psych teacher taught us, if you're not sure about your type, print out descriptions of all the types you think you are, read through them, and highlight all the stuff that sounds like you. if 95% of the page isn't highlighted, your not that type

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ I find that really useful also, although I've never used it to type myself so much as confirm my type.

You definitely need to do some self-reflection & focus on the false beliefs of each type, the core emotional motivations, and how the the type's personality appears over all. See which suits you best; and yes, it can sting a bit...