First 12

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    that is not the way to figure out someone's enneagram lol
    That's how I did it.
    I actually found it more reliable than the typing thread I made here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosamunda View Post
    Thank you guys so much I re read the descriptions for 3, 5 and 9 again. A lot of 3 fits me, which is to be honest quite hard to read since it doen't draw a nice picture of the person...I do like getting good feedback from others, and I do work hard. I wouldn't say I'm as ruthless as the text pointed out. And who doesn't like to be successful? After thoroughly reading the enneagram 5, I can confidently say, that it doesn't fit me at all...I do like to think about things and like to have things figured out around me, I'm not at all withdrawn or scared not to be strong enough to carry the weight of life. About 9 I can say, that I do like to have harmony around me, and try to get people to make peace with each other, not at any cost though, and also not because I cannot bear to be in a conflict. I just like to help people, and people come to me for a help often. So as much as it shocks me, I think I'm mostly a 3
    This makes you sound 3w2 -- and the bolded is what sounds 2-ish to me.

And if it makes you feel any better -- pretty much all Enneagram descriptions sound unpleasant. Personally, when I read them, I think "Wow, these people have issues" but I guess we all do, really.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EIE

Thank you so much for your answers. After reading some of your "Myths about 3s" thread though I'm not sure if the 3w2 is accurate...for people always say I'm very distant, arrogant and aloof when they first meet me. It fades quickly if I chosse I wanna get to know the, better, but that is mostly their first impression of me. I'm new to this whole eneagramm thing, so is there more than a 3w2 and a 3w4 when it comes to 3s? What does the w number mean anyway?

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

ill give you a tip: dont trust the tests. they are, just simply, not in correlation to the actual you at all. rather, go inside your mind and look at yourself in different times, what are the deep desires which really motivate you to live the way you do?

you cant trust the descriptions of enneas types, but, you can decipher how it would correlate deeply in you if you were motivated that way until you find few which match you better than the rest.

garbage

Thank you so much for your answers. After reading some of your "Myths about 3s" thread though I'm not sure if the 3w2 is accurate...for people always say I'm very distant, arrogant and aloof when they first meet me. It fades quickly if I chosse I wanna get to know the, better, but that is mostly their first impression of me.
    I used to feel this way about myself, too; at times, I still do, but I'm usually pretty open in social settings nowadays. In that myths thread, @Elfboy actually describes 3w4 as aloof (as compared to 3w2, at least)--which is probably about right.

Hell, most of my own '3-ness' comes in the form of an 'inner narcissism,' which in and of itself doesn't have much to do with sociability at all.

I'm new to this whole eneagramm thing, so is there more than a 3w2 and a 3w4 when it comes to 3s? What does the w number mean anyway?
    The "w" denotes a "wing"--it's the notion that a neighboring type will have some influence on your personality. A 3w2 is a 3 with some 2 influence; a 3w4 is a 3 with some 4 influence. It helps to explain some nuances--such as the difference between a 3 with a 2 influence and a 3 with a 4 influence. (someone who's versed in the ol' Enneagram can elaborate..)

Wings are just another part of theory; some sources completely ignore the concept of wings, but we tend to use them here on the forums.

For more information about all of this, here's a good, very brief intro.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@bologna
    @Rosamunda
    the emotional state of a 3w4 is like a proud predator, but one who has a vulnerable wound that they go to lengths to hide. there is a sort of "look, but don't touch" quality to them and, for the most part, they tend to keep people at a distance until they warm up to them/form a connection. the 3w2 by contrast is much more warm, open and gregarious, with a sort of "come to me!" vibe to them. the prefer to get personal quicker and have no problem putting themselves out there (3w4s are much more private as a whole)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Thank you guys so much I re read the descriptions for 3, 5 and 9 again. A lot of 3 fits me, which is to be honest quite hard to read since it doen't draw a nice picture of the person...I do like getting good feedback from others, and I do work hard. I wouldn't say I'm as ruthless as the text pointed out. And who doesn't like to be successful? After thoroughly reading the enneagram 5, I can confidently say, that it doesn't fit me at all...I do like to think about things and like to have things figured out around me, I'm not at all withdrawn or scared not to be strong enough to carry the weight of life. About 9 I can say, that I do like to have harmony around me, and try to get people to make peace with each other, not at any cost though, and also not because I cannot bear to be in a conflict. I just like to help people, and people come to me for a help often. So as much as it shocks me, I think I'm mostly a 3
    Your test results mirrors my own early experience with the enneagram, however eventually I settled on 2w3. Looking at what you wrote here, I'm thinking you are also 2w3. You have a lot of 3ish qualities, but it doesn't overshadow your need to grow closer to others.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp

Something that my psych teacher taught us, if you're not sure about your type, print out descriptions of all the types you think you are, read through them, and highlight all the stuff that sounds like you. if 95% of the page isn't highlighted, your not that type
    Enneagram: Type 5, Dual Wing, SX/SP Instinct, Tritype 5-3w2-9w8
    MBTI: INTP

Like a Baws

Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 63.16% Sensing (S) 36.84%
    Thinking (T) 70.37% Feeling (F) 29.63%
    Perceiving (P) 56.61% Judging (J) 43.39%

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

^ I find that really useful also, although I've never used it to type myself so much as confirm my type.

You definitely need to do some self-reflection & focus on the false beliefs of each type, the core emotional motivations, and how the the type's personality appears over all. See which suits you best; and yes, it can sting a bit...
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe