• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me figure out my type?

thesongmaker

So I've taken the test several times, and I have ended up with either INFJ or ISFJ.
I believe I am more sensing than intuitive. I do best with things that involve facts. I can draw/paint rather well, but I'm always angered by the idea of someone grading my art--so I stay very far away from art classes. I see world in the terms of color, size, shape, age, ect. I tend to get fixated on current problems and don't see that they will have little impact on the future. Philosophy is generally annoying--I know it's a chair; I don't want to discuss WHY I know it.

The real problem I have with either of these types is the repeated theory that these types put other people first in everything. Yes, I do care about other people, but I also don't feel like I put there needs in front of my own. My personality could be put in this nut-shell: when people don't do what I want, I simply go off and do something else. I don't through a fit about it or get angry, it just isn't worth my time. I don't have a desire to lead people or to follow. Group projects are stressful for me because I'm a perfectionist and I dislike having part of my grade resting on the shoulders of others. However, I do have a people pleasing aspect to my personality; I need the praise of others.

I'm very easily stressed and I find myself worrying about things more than trying to actually fix the problem.

So. I'm sorry if I haven't given enough info here. I'll answer any questions.
Thank you for any input. Not knowing is kinda driving me insane!

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You could be an isfj sp/sx who is just on the younger side of life. :)

Are you sure about the J?

thesongmaker

Also, here is the survey someone else was recently asked to answer in this forum....

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
See feeling and putting others before yourself in first post.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Simplicity, calmness, someone to love me, and a family.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I'm really not sure. I'm young--I don't think I've been at my finest yet.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Pretty blondes, outgoing popular people,.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
The morality, the input of my Mother, pros or cons, the outcome, and sometimes a fear of having to do too much work.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I need to control the outcome. My goal is for perfection.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I made a BBC masterpiece theater type movie with some friends. We wore old-fashioned dresses and had fun. Generally, I have the most fun when I can be myself and I don't feel like I'm being judged.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I tend to memorize and write things down in a different way in order to remember them, but when it comes to playing piano I HAVE to try it.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Eh. My room is a mess, but I have the ability to be very organized. I just generally don't take the trouble.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Both.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I need to follow what I believe and be myself.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I believe I tend to speak before thinking and then regret what I said half of the time. I prefer a group when I know the people less well. I don't do well with small talk and it takes some of the focus off of me. If I know someone well, I prefer an intimate conversation.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Actions speak louder than words. I like to know where I'm jumping first, but generally I don't realize I'm jumping and do it without thinking--only later do I regret it.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Stay home and watch the tv show. I'm not the type to go to a party or a night on the town.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I get sick. I get irritable and uptight.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Shallow people annoy me. People who judge others annoy me. People who make fun of my belief system make me angry.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Books, movies, tv shows, music, ethical issues.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?

I don't pay enough attention to foreign affairs. My own little bubble of family is more important to me.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

I have had people who I thought were my friends say I was bossy and thought myself to be better than them. Actually I'm just shy and sometimes too blunt. My friends would say I have a desire to be right. I honestly don't know what else.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Read a good book in the sun, watch a good tv show, spend time with my family, take a walk. Depending on my mood, I might want to go to a movie or go shopping.

thesongmaker

You could be an isfj sp/sx who is just on the younger side of life. :)

Are you sure about the J?

I'm not sure if I'm sure about the J or not. I don't like open ended decisions, but I don't like to have my time scheduled or have too many requirements--part of the reason I am homeschooled. I prefer to chose on the day how I am going to spend my time.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Have you considered ISFP as a possibility?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm.....I'm not really sure. But you sound most like an isfj to me.

thesongmaker

Hmmm. I had considered ISFP, but one of the defining characteristics of that (and most of the Fs) is not liking to argue. That's not me. I enjoy debate, and I think argument is sometimes the only way for middle-ground to be reached in a relationship. I couldn't date/marry someone who refused to argue with me.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Differentiating between S and N can be very tricky. I myself have this problem, and I know my signature says INTP, but I could just as easily be an ISTP! I think a lot of Ss (possibly including myself) mistype themselves as N largely because N has a stereotype of being special, different, interesting, and intellectual and S has a stereotype of being overly practical, down to earth, and ordinary.

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
can i suggest maybe an ISFP...maybe ISFJ if yout hink you have more of an J-ish personality?

Mitsuko Souma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
So I've taken the test several times, and I have ended up with either INFJ or ISFJ.
I believe I am more sensing than intuitive. I do best with things that involve facts. I can draw/paint rather well, but I'm always angered by the idea of someone grading my art--so I stay very far away from art classes. I see world in the terms of color, size, shape, age, ect. I tend to get fixated on current problems and don't see that they will have little impact on the future. Philosophy is generally annoying--I know it's a chair; I don't want to discuss WHY I know it.

The real problem I have with either of these types is the repeated theory that these types put other people first in everything. Yes, I do care about other people, but I also don't feel like I put there needs in front of my own. My personality could be put in this nut-shell: when people don't do what I want, I simply go off and do something else. I don't through a fit about it or get angry, it just isn't worth my time. I don't have a desire to lead people or to follow. Group projects are stressful for me because I'm a perfectionist and I dislike having part of my grade resting on the shoulders of others. However, I do have a people pleasing aspect to my personality; I need the praise of others.

I'm very easily stressed and I find myself worrying about things more than trying to actually fix the problem.

So. I'm sorry if I haven't given enough info here. I'll answer any questions.
Thank you for any input. Not knowing is kinda driving me insane!
ISFP; I am almost certain of that. You seem to have a strong Fi and not Fe in my opinion based off of your answers and the main post that I am quoting here. More Se than Si as well; ISFJ doesn't fit you that well and neither does INFJ. Thats probably why you're being "driven insane." I suggest you look into ISFP. :)