User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Type Help, Please

I looked at some of the other threads and saw this survey. Don't know if it will help, but here goes. I'd also be interested in any enneagram suggestions, if you have them. I've tested as a bunch of different types and am completely in the dark on this point.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
    I don't have premonitions the way INFJs are supposed to, and I sometimes think I use Si. But it's weird. I have very strong emotional memories (I can conjure up a memory and feel the embarrassment or anger all over again), but I don't compare the present to the past. I am relatively non-traditional in many ways.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
    I want to feel that I've done something significant for the world, or at least for some small population, and I want to somehow be acknowledged as a quality person. I'm never sure of myself or who I really am, and often feel that I would like someone to sit me down and tell me who I am.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
    It's hard to think about a specific time, but I suppose I feel my best when I've managed to demonstrate to the people around me that I can be competent and trustworthy. Inside, I feel like such a jumble that I think that must be how others see me. So it makes me feel good to think that I've proven I can be kind and helpful and intelligent.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
    Thinking about my lack of knowledge in so many areas. Watching a virtuoso display his/her talents.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
    Is it right? Is it possible? What will the long-term repercussions be?

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
    Yes, I like to have control. It's important to me that I be able to envision a final product/goal, even if the end result doesn't exactly line up. I am definitely results, rather than process oriented.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
    I have a great time with the other women in my department at work. There are four of us, and at our weekly meetings, we sit in a small conference room, bring in snacks, and spend the first 30 minutes catching up on each others' lives. We joke and often laugh till we cry. It just makes me feel so good to be able to be myself at work.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
    I hate hate hate when someone is trying to teach me something and goes step-by-step without explaining to me what they want me to achieve in the end. In most cases, I would rather just be told what the goal is and allowed to find my own process. I like to have my own time to think about what I'm trying to learn, and then devise my own best plan for learning it. At that point, I need to get hands on and test my plan. Then I need more time for things to become internalized and organic before I add to my knowledge.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
    I prefer to be organized. But it doesn't come naturally. I have worked hard to develop systems for keeping myself organized, and they have mostly worked. Most people perceive me as someone who has her act together. They don't see all the work that goes into it.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
    Always the principles. If the principles aren't there, there's no point in looking for supporting information.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
    Uh... both? I like to be inclusive and included, but I'm not afraid of being ostracized if that what it takes to stick with my beliefs. At the same time, I don't voice my beliefs simply for the sake of being heard.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

THINKS FIRST. Even then, I sometimes regret what I've said after. And sometimes I wait too long and the opportunity has passed. I definitely prefer one-on-one or very small group discussions.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
    Look before leaping. Actions are more important than words. But words can be actions in themselves.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
    Tell them I'll catch them next time and pop open a pint of ice cream.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
    I get really lethargic and dopey. I have trouble concentrating and seem "out of it." I run short on patience and things that wouldn't normally get to me seem to strike right to the bone.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
    I hate people who think that because they're angry or hurt, it gives them the right to behave badly. You're allowed to feel what you feel, but you're still responsible for treating others with respect. I spend a lot of time thinking about the effect my actions have on others, so I resent it when other people are inconsiderate. I also dislike it when people have an overdeveloped sense of entitlement.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
    Other people! Their motivations, their feelings, and where those feelings and motivations come from.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
    I honest to God don't know how to answer this question. I feel like my brain is firing all cylinders all the time on every aspect of my life. LOL.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
    One way in which my friends are mistaken about me is in their belief that because I am insightful, I am also emotionally stable. No. Knowing my issues and having my issues under control are two different things. I can have twenty different moods a day. None of my friends would ever say I was arrogant or willfully cruel.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
    Taking a long walk. Playing the piano. Eating brunch out. Maybe shopping. Doing a home improvement or decor project. Seeing a close friend or two in the evening, perhaps. Some shopping.

Senior Member Array Mitsuko Souma's Avatar
    5w6 sp

Hello again @Hazel. I am still sticking with ISFJ based off of your answers to the questions you provided. Hope that and my previous reasoning helps out. If you want me to explain myself again regarding the questions; I feel free to do so.

Thanks again for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko Souma View Post
    Hello again @Hazel. I am still sticking with ISFJ based off of your answers to the questions you provided. Hope that and my previous reasoning helps out. If you want me to explain myself again regarding the questions; I feel free to do so.