Senior Member Presumptuous Pepper's Avatar
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    3 sx

Default Type my father

ill bring around some facts and you can tell me then

- He is not emotionally expresive - he is like a closed book in this area
    - He is a practical person, visually oriented, but also a very theoretical and interested in knowing many things, reading a lot
    - He is good in talking to people, he knows how to start conversation
    - he is prone on making nasty judgments of people, he is good in seeing through people and from one conversation he couldve easily tell what type of a person they are
    - he is talkative person as well, good in company of others
    - he doesn't like emotionally involving questions, he is closed in this point, he likes debating with people about his interests
    - his interest are many but huge ones are politics, geography and history
    - he is kinda putting off things often, spontaneous also
    - he is down to earth person - prone to recalling the past but no matter how deep in thought he's thoughts are very realistic and down to earth
    - he likes nice, expensive things but he is also a money saver in a way
    - when he was younger he liked to live an easy life really, back then he was a spender and liked finest things
    - he seems as an open person but he is often mystery to me and emotionally unreachable
    Thrills happen for awesome reasons, shit happens for shitty reason. So don't pay attention on stuff which happen for shitty reasons, but on ones which happen for awesome reasons. I'm an awesome reason.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Presumptuous Pepper View Post

- He is a practical person, visually oriented, but also a very theoretical and interested in knowing many things, reading a lot
    - he is prone on making nasty judgments of people, he is good in seeing through people and from one conversation he couldve easily tell what type of a person they are
    - he doesn't like emotionally involving questions, he is closed in this point, he likes debating with people about his interests
    - he is down to earth person - prone to recalling the past but no matter how deep in thought he's thoughts are very realistic and down to earth
    - when he was younger he liked to live an easy life really, back then he was a spender and liked finest things
    - he seems as an open person but he is often mystery to me and emotionally unreachable
    I would say...

MBTI: ISTJ
    Full Type: ISTJ 5w6 Sp/So

Of course, this is only going by the information provided. It might be good to describe his motivations and ambitions are, as well as what he worries about most.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LIE

He may be an ISTP.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

How would you describe your father if you were an INTJ instead of an INFP?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    3 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    How would you describe your father if you were an INTJ instead of an INFP?
    lol what do you mean?
    Thrills happen for awesome reasons, shit happens for shitty reason. So don't pay attention on stuff which happen for shitty reasons, but on ones which happen for awesome reasons. I'm an awesome reason.

MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    3 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    I would say...

MBTI: ISTJ
    Full Type: ISTJ 5w6 Sp/So

Of course, this is only going by the information provided. It might be good to describe his motivations and ambitions are, as well as what he worries about most.
    my impressions are - nothing to high i think...his ambitious are to have family but also to be dedicated to his interests and his job
    he often changed jobs and he comes across as kinda "demanding" person and when smth is not like he likes to he kinda does his own things or just leaves the job if he dislikes it
    He worries about the money the most...or doesn't worry a lot at all...even if we don't have money problems
    but he is not a big worrier really - he is more of a panic person and he panics in one moment but not worries about things for a long time

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

lol what do you mean?
    A personality is very complex, but when we try to describe one briefly we all boil it down to a few principles that our own personalities are comfortable with. A Thinking type might not even notice your father's lack of emotions, which was mentioned in 3 of your points, but would focus on the breadth or depth of his intellect.

MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    3 sx

A personality is very complex, but when we try to describe one briefly we all boil it down to a few principles that our own personalities are comfortable with. A Thinking type might not even notice your father's lack of emotions, which was mentioned in 3 of your points, but would focus on the breadth or depth of his intellect.
    he was pretty intellectual - i did say that. Yeah i did notice he was emotionally closed but that doesn't mean i thought my father was unemotional person - exactly the opposite - he wasn't just too keen about dealing with emotions
    But im not the only person noticed he is emotionally closed book - my mother is an ISTJ but she says the same thing

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

he was pretty intellectual - i did say that. Yeah i did notice he was emotionally closed but that doesn't mean i thought my father was unemotional person - exactly the opposite - he wasn't just too keen about dealing with emotions
    But im not the only person noticed he is emotionally closed book - my mother is an ISTJ but she says the same thing
    But what I'm saying is that there are different ways of being intellectual that distinguish all these Thinking types. This is information a Thinking type might be able to describe, and a Feeling type, I'm sure with some training in psychology but that much detail is not normally the focus of attention. What does he think about, and how does he think about it? (He sounds like an ISTJ to me, btw.)

MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    3 sx

But what I'm saying is that there are different ways of being intellectual that distinguish all these Thinking types. This is information a Thinking type might be able to describe, and a Feeling type, I'm sure with some training in psychology but that much detail is not normally the focus of attention. What does he think about, and how does he think about it? (He sounds like an ISTJ to me, btw.)
    general knowledge oriented - he was mostly information gatherer - he wasn't anything like idea person, he was mostly just discussing things in less innovative way. He is very literal when it comes to it, concrete but he can get creative and come across as unconventional in his opinions. He likes better open-minded ideas.
    He seemed both as traditional and unconventional - it is hard to explain.
    But im kinda hard in believing he was an introvert. He was energized by people.

He was also a good present picker, skillful around people and he was able to come as he is and make the best out of it.
    He is very much about fun and from how much i heard from grans, he was always the life of the party.
    He did everything in a last minute mostly. Still does.
    Thous are some more traits that would might help typing him.

Im sure he is an S person... and pretty confident he is a T person...

you have to tell me better what kind of information do you need about his thinking - i know they differ but im telling you his way of thinking is strange to me...not how i would think at all for example :S just the way how he process things is far more different then mine.