User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Type my father

  1. #11
    Senior Member Mitsuko Souma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Presumptuous Pepper View Post
    general knowledge oriented - he was mostly information gatherer - he wasn't anything like idea person, he was mostly just discussing things in less innovative way. He is very literal when it comes to it, concrete but he can get creative and come across as unconventional in his opinions. He likes better open-minded ideas.
    He seemed both as traditional and unconventional - it is hard to explain.
    But im kinda hard in believing he was an introvert. He was energized by people.

    He was also a good present picker, skillful around people and he was able to come as he is and make the best out of it.
    He is very much about fun and from how much i heard from grans, he was always the life of the party.
    He did everything in a last minute mostly. Still does.
    Thous are some more traits that would might help typing him.

    Im sure he is an S person... and pretty confident he is a T person...

    you have to tell me better what kind of information do you need about his thinking - i know they differ but im telling you his way of thinking is strange to me...not how i would think at all for example :S just the way how he process things is far more different then mine.
    Perhaps ESTP with a balanced Se-Ti? I only said ISTP at first because he seems like a Ti dominant.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Presumptuous Pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    3 sx
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko Souma View Post
    Perhaps ESTP with a balanced Se-Ti? I only said ISTP at first because he seems like a Ti dominant.
    I get ya! Done a little bit research lately myself! Yeah he does seem like Ti dominant when i put it like that - put to be honest he is not rigid enough to be a dominant thinker And he seemed very observant of his surrounding and his observation of external objects was very much active which indicates Se before Si aka ESTP before ISTJ. Besides functions...I thought myself once before an ESTP because of these things:
    -gestures and gentleman behavior
    -"The ESTP often has trouble in school, especially higher education which moves into realms where theory is more important. The ESTP gets bored with classes in which they feel they gain no useful material which can be used to get things done. The ESTP may be brilliantly intelligent, but school will be a difficult chore for them." - exactly my father
    -they say ESTPs are good sales mans - that is also very true for my father
    - they like finest things - my fathers craving for them

    I'm not typing him according to a profile, before someone complains on me. I looked into functions primarily but this profile also fits.
    Thrills happen for awesome reasons, shit happens for shitty reason. So don't pay attention on stuff which happen for shitty reasons, but on ones which happen for awesome reasons. I'm an awesome reason.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Mitsuko Souma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Presumptuous Pepper View Post
    I get ya! Done a little bit research lately myself! Yeah he does seem like Ti dominant when i put it like that - put to be honest he is not rigid enough to be a dominant thinker And he seemed very observant of his surrounding and his observation of external objects was very much active which indicates Se before Si aka ESTP before ISTJ. Besides functions...I thought myself once before an ESTP because of these things:
    -gestures and gentleman behavior
    -"The ESTP often has trouble in school, especially higher education which moves into realms where theory is more important. The ESTP gets bored with classes in which they feel they gain no useful material which can be used to get things done. The ESTP may be brilliantly intelligent, but school will be a difficult chore for them." - exactly my father
    -they say ESTPs are good sales mans - that is also very true for my father
    - they like finest things - my fathers craving for them

    I'm not typing him according to a profile, before someone complains on me. I looked into functions primarily but this profile also fits.
    Between Se and Si I think Se would suit him more so he may be ESTP. How "theoretical" can he get though?

    I ask this because he seems like a sensor and if he does have a very good theoretical side then that must be Ti. Ti is the best function to be able to break down concepts and look at them. So I can see how an ISTP may come off as an intuitive or an ESTP with a balanced Se-Ti. The "rigidness" is not all there is to Ti.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Presumptuous Pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    3 sx
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko Souma View Post
    Between Se and Si I think Se would suit him more so he may be ESTP. How "theoretical" can he get though?

    I ask this because he seems like a sensor and if he does have a very good theoretical side then that must be Ti. Ti is the best function to be able to break down concepts and look at them. So I can see how an ISTP may come off as an intuitive or an ESTP with a balanced Se-Ti. The "rigidness" is not all there is to Ti.
    I mostly concluded this on impression from people i know who are ISTP and ESTP...i kinda work on impressions i bit
    I think he mostly just observes theories but does not theorize himself. He is easily interested and likes to notice things but there is where story ends - he is not big breaking down concepts - if he does it it's very moderately - i would call it like his strongest side of a character. He mostly talks with people about information on one subject if i can remember - and often goes from one person to another.
    Theoretical - he is theoretical but i wouldn't say it's a dominant thing in his character - he is mostly visual and practical - he likes to move into an action more.
    Thrills happen for awesome reasons, shit happens for shitty reason. So don't pay attention on stuff which happen for shitty reasons, but on ones which happen for awesome reasons. I'm an awesome reason.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Mitsuko Souma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Presumptuous Pepper View Post
    I mostly concluded this on impression from people i know who are ISTP and ESTP...i kinda work on impressions i bit
    I think he mostly just observes theories but does not theorize himself. He is easily interested and likes to notice things but there is where story ends - he is not big breaking down concepts - if he does it it's very moderately - i would call it like his strongest side of a character. He mostly talks with people about information on one subject if i can remember - and often goes from one person to another.
    Theoretical - he is theoretical but i wouldn't say it's a dominant thing in his character - he is mostly visual and practical - he likes to move into an action more.
    Nice! Perfect description of my dad (whom is ESTP) so yeah; I am going with ESTP for now but if anything else comes up like an update or if you give him the cognitive test/MBTI test and I'm wrong then let me know please. I like doing this stuff. ^^

  6. #16
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    To me he sounds like an ESTJ. I almost said ISTJ, but you said he'll suddenly have bursts of spontaneity (tertiary Ne) and that he's good at starting conversations.

    I totally feel that he is an Si type, and more Te than Fe.

  7. #17
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    I would say...

    MBTI: ISTJ
    Full Type: ISTJ 5w6 Sp/So

    Of course, this is only going by the information provided. It might be good to describe his motivations and ambitions are, as well as what he worries about most.


    Except if her ISTJ mother says he's "emotionally closed" it may be because he's rejecting his feeling function. Like an ESTJ would. And an ESTJ would have some Ne traits.

    This also makes sense with him being "an information gatherer" and being both "traditional and innovative." He has Si and Ne in close range.

    Of course, there's a possibility he could be Ti/Se...can you tell us more about him...like...I don't think an ISTP would be a good conversation starter, for example, or really awesome with people, even though he would be rejecting Fe and emotional expression.

    Hmmm.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Mitsuko Souma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    To me he sounds like an ESTJ. I almost said ISTJ, but you said he'll suddenly have bursts of spontaneity (tertiary Ne) and that he's good at starting conversations.

    I totally feel that he is an Si type, and more Te than Fe.
    May you express to me how he strikes you as Si over Se? I see your point of Ne (but since its a tertiary its hard to follow in my mind since Pepper made it seem like something he shows a lot) but the Si over Se I fail to see; so please explain.

  9. #19
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko Souma View Post
    May you express to me how he strikes you as Si over Se? I see your point of Ne (but since its a tertiary its hard to follow in my mind since Pepper made it seem like something he shows a lot) but the Si over Se I fail to see; so please explain.
    He's her dad. This means two things: he's at least middle-aged, and she sees more of the "real him" than someone would in public or an acquaintance would. So of course she'd be aware of his tertiary.

    If he were ESTP he'd be more emotionally expressive by middle age. His wife would definitely see his Fe, and she says ISTJ mommy says he's "emotionally closed." When I see "emotionally closed" I either think of TJs or IxTPs...or the occasional highly repressed IxFP. On the other hand, if he were ISTP I doubt he'd be good at carrying on conversations with people.

    I also doubt he'd make what the OP views as strict, unfair snap judgements as a primary Se or Ti type at his age.

    I mean I'm not saying this for sure, but him having a ton of Fe definitely does not jump out at me, fo sho.
    She says he also talks with people about ONE SUBJECT...sounds like Si.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Mitsuko Souma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    He's her dad. This means two things: he's at least middle-aged, and she sees more of the "real him" than someone would in public or an acquaintance would. So of course she'd be aware of his tertiary.

    If he were ESTP he'd be more emotionally expressive by middle age. His wife would definitely see his Fe, and she says ISTJ mommy says he's "emotionally closed." When I see "emotionally closed" I either think of TJs or IxTPs...or the occasional highly repressed IxFP. On the other hand, if he were ISTP I doubt he'd be good at carrying on conversations with people.

    I also doubt he'd make what the OP views as strict, unfair snap judgements as a primary Se or Ti type at his age.

    I mean I'm not saying this for sure, but him having a ton of Fe definitely does not jump out at me, fo sho.
    She says he also talks with people about ONE SUBJECT...sounds like Si.
    I like your point. Thank you for sharing.

Similar Threads

  1. help me type my father (IxTx) for a better relationship
    By poppy58 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-23-2016, 08:37 AM
  2. Help Me Type My Father
    By Cold in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2016, 08:59 AM
  3. What type was my father?
    By The Wailing Specter in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-18-2014, 08:40 PM
  4. help me type my father's dutch-irish hero
    By runvardh in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 10:02 AM
  5. Help me type my ex please
    By Sahara in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 04:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO