• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I is Confuzzled--Typing Turtledove

Turtledove

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, ennegram confuses me the most than MBTI does. On certain tests I either get a 4, a 6, a 9, and the latest, a 5. For the longest time I thought I was a 4, then I think 6 sounds like me because I saw the 6 as being a loyal worry wart. 9...okay I do like peace and harmony, but I'm going to be myself on the inside and not let anybody change me or poke at my value system. Also, the sx/sp/so thing I'm also confused on. I heard something along the lines that sp/so and so/sp is more common than one thinks and that sx is more of a primitive emotion, which I don't consider myself to be. So...help!

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Which type descriptions do you identify most with? Tests are usually unreliable :)

Turtledove

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=6971]21%[/MENTION] Well, according the the eccleticenergies website, I sound more like a 6 and the only thing about the 4 is I don't identify with is the "feeling superior to others;" it's the other way around.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
4s know that they are obsessed with themselves, with their precious identities, with being unique and special, and fluctuate between 'envying' 'normal people' and feeling proud of being different. 6s tend to be more aware of the people around them and how they fit in, and actually WANT to fit in. Does that make sense?

Turtledove

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=6971]21%[/MENTION] Well, what about wanting to fit in, but with people who are just as like-minded as that particular person, and not finding them?

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I remember trying so hard to find like-minded people in high school to be friends with. Never did, though. But as a 4, I have this tendency to be jealous of other 'unique' people, so ultimately I'm not sure if I actually want to find like-minded people or not. I like people who are unique in a different way, but at the same time I am aware of this ugly tendency towards jealousy to lurk deep in my mind.

Anyway, I don't completely understand 6s, so perhaps [MENTION=7063]SilkRoad[/MENTION] can help?

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:hi:

I've always felt "different" and still do to a certain extent but I'm now more interested in common ground. I kind of downplay my "different" aspects or find like-minded people (I've been fortunate, there's usually been one or two around and sometimes more.) The 4 thing about "ooohhh, so different and special" seems a bit annoying and teenage to me. (Not trying to be rude, I'm sure 4s find me irritating too ;) ) THat was one thing that tipped me off I wasn't a 4. I certainly don't generate emotions for their own sake - or if I do it's in a "controlled" environment such as the arts (I'm a huge culture vulture and it seems like a "safe" way to me to experience "drama.")

I definitely want people on-side. I have some very loyal friends but I do have feelings of anxiety if someone moves away, or if the relationship is troubled, or whatever. I am mainly phobic but I relate to the idea that there is a sliding scale between phobic and counterphobic and I doubt any 6 is completely one or the other. I definitely have counterphobic moments where I go on the attack or a strong defense if I feel threatened or angry. I would also very much prioritize security in a romantic relationship. Not so much materially/financially (though I wouldn't entirely rule that out, I think the "true love will sort out every practical problem" approach is dumb and annoying), but someone who is emotionally "safe" and would look after me and my feelings and be a strong rock. I love adventures and fun, but I get scared if there doesn't seem to be an underlying basis of safety (ie. I'm with people I trust, I have a place to sleep that night, etc). I'm also prone to actual phobias.

Hope that helps!

Turtledove

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=7063]SilkRoad[/MENTION] Exactly! That's how I feel about life. So, there wasn't a BIG reason for me to totally re-question whether I was a 6 or not. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Now about the variants...?

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=7063]SilkRoad[/MENTION] Exactly! That's how I feel about life. So, there wasn't a BIG reason for me to totally re-question whether I was a 6 or not. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I'm sp/sx - I'm pretty sure. One of the things that clinched 6 for me was that sp-first 6s were supposed to be warm and cautiously friendly in a sort of "going towards" way with people to "defuse" possible "danger" from them. Which fits me, and the ISFJ-ish Fe-heavy INFJ I am, very well.

I am pretty certain I'm sp-first. I could possibly be sp/so instead of sp/sx, but the sp/sx descriptions I've read fit me better, overall.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Here are the e6 stackings descriptions at
http://ocean-moonshine.net/e1428573...er_op=view_page&PAGE_id=34&MMN_position=87:80

These look interesting so I synopsized them here.

Sp/So
Looks to find security in alliances. This type is the least counterphobic.

Sp/Sx
This type shares with the self-pres/social stacking the need to keep their environment in order. They also can appear One-like in that way. The differences revolve around the fact that they find their security more in their ability to attract a mate. They are concerned about how they are seen sexually.

So/Sp
This type appears One-like also, but for different reasons. This time, the social instinct combines with the self-pres to give this subtype a strong desire to know where they fit within the group, with whom they can make strong alliances.

So/Sx
This type can be very different from the other social type, because with this type, security comes from making alliances with individuals. Their weakness comes from their self-pres instinct being last, so they are not as independent as the self-pres/soc. They rely on key people in their lives when doubt sets in.

Sx/Sp
The sexual/self-pres Six is more concerned with strength, beauty and merging. With this stacking, the counterphobic energy is directed more toward individuals than towards ideas and concepts. It’s more about controlling the people closest to them.

Sx/So
The counterphobic stance of the sexual Six can be seen in competition for attracting the right mate, and in testing to see who is worthy of trust. This is true of both sexual subtypes and especially true of the sexual/social. This type is likely to be found quite commonly among actresses and actors as they tend towards a dramatic presentation.

Turtledove

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION]
Okay it seems the sp/so type or the sp/sx. I'm very sure the first one is sp. I don't think I rarely show a whole lot of anxiety in front of others, but I have done so in the past. Now the sp/sx thing about can be adventurous by overcoming fears. Now, I could have somebody around with the right person. To do something like that.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I heard something along the lines that sp/so and so/sp is more common than one thinks and that sx is more of a primitive emotion, which I don't consider myself to be. So...help!

I just wanted point out that I don't like the Sexual instinct being down-played like that. :laugh:

Honestly, I think the Self-preservation is the most "primitive", but I don't find that as a bad thing, per se. I mean, the Social instinct could be considered the most advanced, as it thinks on the most universal level, but at the same time, I don't exactly find being socially obligatory as being a virtue. I find being true to yourself without letting society define who you are as being more of a virtue. I personally believe the Sexual instinct to be the most interesting, because it actually gives people intensity and drive into things they are interested in without being obligated to society. Both the Self-preservation and Social instinct inhibit this for different reasons.

At the same time, that doesn't mean you should completely ignore society at large. It's good to have awareness and care about it, but that doesn't mean you have to be obligated to all of society's rules and be bounded to it, either.

I know I probably don't make sense, but I have a hard time conveying this.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, ennegram confuses me the most than MBTI does. On certain tests I either get a 4, a 6, a 9, and the latest, a 5. For the longest time I thought I was a 4, then I think 6 sounds like me because I saw the 6 as being a loyal worry wart. 9...okay I do like peace and harmony, but I'm going to be myself on the inside and not let anybody change me or poke at my value system. Also, the sx/sp/so thing I'm also confused on. I heard something along the lines that sp/so and so/sp is more common than one thinks and that sx is more of a primitive emotion, which I don't consider myself to be. So...help!

It's not an emotion, it's an instinct. The problem has more to do with people wanting to identify with Sx for some reason. Perhaps they want to be seen as sexy, or perhaps they're afraid of being seen as prudes. But none of this has anything to do with Sx. I just used the descriptions at
ocean-moonshine to work out mine. It took me two days of pondering the issue.

I don't know if any of the instincts are more primitive, it just has more to do with one or another being stronger for you. Being a more primitive emotion isn't even the point here. You can't find your Instinctual type that way.

As for enneatype, if you can, maybe you can work it out through the basic fears, basic desires, and root sin of each of the 9 types. The basic fear of the 4 is to be abandoned, so the basic desire of the 4 is to find themselves. The basic fear of the 9 is separation, so the basic desire of the 9 is to seek merger (the opposite of separation).