• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please help type me.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Im sure you know that this back and forth on the temperaments was only a long way around of showing you how difficult I find them for use in typing, self or otherwise.

Of course the motive behind wanting this knowledge in the first place should be the top priority.

As for the artisan skills, well those are somewhat more defined as being about something inherent to that person. As Keirsey puts it:

Means- Ends

SP = Abilities> Performance

NT= Performance>Abilities

In other words, as he explains it, the SP's possess their talents and then perform with them, the NT's Perform and then try to use this to perfect and acquire abilities.

Perform what? Possess what general talents? Don't these things differ by type?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Perform what? Possess what general talents? Don't these things differ by type?

I was only using his generalised dichotomies, IE: NF's NT's SJ's and SP's.

In any case id like to say I am comfortable and fairly confident in ISFJ for the moment. I think I might move on to enneagram a bit more, I know very little about it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was only using his generalised dichotomies, IE: NF's NT's SJ's and SP's.

But as Keirsey says: "The interests of Artisans are diametrically opposite of those of Idealists and quite different from those of Guardians and Rationals."

In any case id like to say I am comfortable and fairly confident in ISFJ for the moment. I think I might move on to enneagram a bit more, I know very little about it.

I have been given little reason to doubt your MBTI type. The Enneagram is just another type of "foodage." But it's more like comparing fruits to vegetables than apples to oranges.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I have been given little reason to doubt your MBTI type. The Enneagram is just another type of "foodage." But it's more like comparing fruits to vegetables than apples to oranges.

Yeah that was my understanding of it as well, pretty good comparison.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm getting ExFJ, which you were once typed, no? I saw a part about being in the house for 5 days but that doesn't seem like introversion (spoiler v). The arguing part could be CP 6 or just plain 6 behaviour, most of your post seems pretty 6-like. i also saw a bit of your video and get a Fe vibe, definitely.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I'm getting ExFJ, which you were once typed, no? I saw a part about being in the house for 5 days but that doesn't seem like introversion (spoiler v). The arguing part could be CP 6 or just plain 6 behaviour, most of your post seems pretty 6-like. i also saw a bit of your video and get a Fe vibe, definitely.

That's interesting. One the more informative things ive come across actually. Because I only found out recently that I was even on that spectrum ive not really had time to research it much, but that could be the reason I dislike prolonged social events....yet seem to desire them at the same time.

I believe I am ESFJ more so than ENFJ, because I seem to demonstrate an adherance to my own past experiences on something so as to compartmentalise them, instead of using them to build bridges of new insight as with Ni. Generally once ive found a way of doing something I always do it that way and find it hard to see it another way.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No problem, but i would definitely take a look at it. It's not that common but it's something to factor when typing someone.

Always fun to solve type cases, but some people....some people just want to be INTJs :laugh:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
No problem, but i would definitely take a look at it. It's not that common but it's something to factor when typing someone.

Always fun to solve type cases, but some people....some people just want to be INTJs :laugh:

Yeah lol, ive no idea why....dirty intense buggers.

You might get a few here who disagree though from vent. But the thing is I am a product of the circumstances of my life. I have been forced to develop certain perceptionary skills because I had nothing else to entertain myself with. So it could be im in an Fe-Ne loop and that's why I keep seeing possibilities for my type on silly bits of information that dont mean anything, which I then present to others to get their feedback on.

It also might be why some people keep seeing Ni....even though I dont.

It explains other things too, like my penchant to just keep going on or back to topics I wasnt ready to be finished with yet, which tends to really annoy people in my real life.

Weird isn't it?

Oh yeah edit for [MENTION=15964]minutegovt[/MENTION] it was actually more like 2-3 years, which I spent doing nothing but staying inside and refusing any social offers that came my way. But that might have more to do with depression than anything else.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I changed my call from ENFP to INFP. He scores mostly Introverted functions on tests.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah lol, ive no idea why....dirty intense buggers.

You might get a few here who disagree though from vent. But the thing is I am a product of the circumstances of my life. I have been forced to develop certain perceptionary skills because I had nothing else to entertain myself with. So it could be im in an Fe-Ne loop and that's why I keep seeing possibilities for my type on silly bits of information that dont mean anything, which I then present to others to get their feedback on.

It also might be why some people keep seeing Ni....even though I dont.

It explains other things too, like my penchant to just keep going on or back to topics I wasnt ready to be finished with yet, which tends to really annoy people in my real life.

Weird isn't it?

Oh yeah edit for [MENTION=15964]minutegovt[/MENTION] it was actually more like 2-3 years, which I spent doing nothing but staying inside and refusing any social offers that came my way. But that might have more to do with depression than anything else.

Funny, I had called it depression too, in my own mind, a couple weeks ago based on something you said in a post.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Funny, I had called it depression too, in my own mind, a couple weeks ago based on something you said in a post.

You mean you noticed depression in what I wrote? Yeah I wouldnt be surprised.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You mean you noticed depression in what I wrote? Yeah I wouldnt be surprised.

Yes, it's fairly obvious when someone says they see nothing but darkness in the future. Or words to that effect. That's why it's necessary to learn to take life one day at a time. Plan and hope for the future but shut down the dark thoughts.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well now that that's said, that can alter type/function scores....

i did just see you score high on Fi and Ne, next to Si, though...I had forgotten :shrug: