User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I am the same way.

I think it is a Ti versus Te issue, predominately. Ne/Ti at work in the psyche, more specifically, I think makes 'conspiracy theories' not only palatable, but appetizing, and, when unhealthy--and perhaps combined with some form of Si/Ni/Fi--downright neurotic.

Te demands more proof usually, though a Te-er who introverts to an unhealthy degree can fall prey to this mindset as well.
    But INFJ's have Ti not Te. In this instance, if I am INFJ, it would be Ti vs Ti? Or is it Fe vs Ti? If you suspect Te, what does that say about me?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    But INFJ's have Ti not Te.
    Says who?

In this instance, if I am INFJ, it would be Ti vs Ti? Or is it Fe vs Ti? If you suspect Te, what does that say about me?
    That you can use Te? Or you are not an infj?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Says who?
    Well if we are going off MBTI here then MBTI. The functions are Ni>Fe>Ti>Se. However this is only on the assumption that we are looking at this through the system of MBTI. Actually if we are discussing the 16 lettered types then it has to be MBTI because no other system uses that ordering of letters.

That you can use Te? Or you are not an infj?
    Exactly. Which is what im trying to figure out, so if I use Te as you believe I do, what would your estimate of me be?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

- A.A. Milne.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Well if we are going off MBTI here then MBTI. The functions are Ni>Fe>Ti>Se. However this is only on the assumption that we are looking at this through the system of MBTI. Actually if we are discussing the 16 lettered types then it has to be MBTI because no other system uses that ordering of letters.
    Well, there was disagreement about the tert function and its orientation. Jung said it was opposite the dominant, and some MBTI followers as well (wiki it). They've settled on a similar alignment with the dominant, but that is, I believe, a misdirection in thinking.

Exactly. Which is what im trying to figure out, so if I use Te as you believe I do, what would your estimate of me be?
    I'm sorry, I haven't studied your posts in that way. Perhaps you are an INTJ-ish INFJ...?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Well, there was disagreement about the tert function and its orientation. Jung said it was opposite the dominant, and some MBTI followers as well (wiki it). They've settled on a similar alignment with the dominant, but that is, I believe, a misdirection in thinking.
    Fair enough. Afterall even Jung himself only relegates the auxiliary and any other functions as being subordinate to the dominant, to the point that they are almost unconscious by comparison.

I'm sorry, I haven't studied your posts in that way. Perhaps you are an INTJ-ish INFJ...?
    Ive never heard of that before, but hey why not? It's ok you dont have to study my posts, it's nice that you actually took the time to deal with me in the first place, which most wont.

- A.A. Milne.

Upon further consideration....I believe myself to actually be an ISFJ. Jung's description of Si, as well as the one in the MBTI book Gift's Differing resonate with me on a much more intense level than Ni.

Also in Lenore Thompson's book 'personality type an owners manual', her description of ISJ types sounds like she is describing me down to a Tee.

- A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Upon further consideration....I believe myself to actually be an ISFJ. Jung's description of Si, as well as the one in the MBTI book Gift's Differing resonate with me on a much more intense level than Ni.

Also in Lenore Thompson's book 'personality type an owners manual', her description of ISJ types sounds like she is describing me down to a Tee.
    That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    That makes sense.
    Do you think so? If you dont mind me asking, could you elaborate?

Incidentally my criticism of David Keirsey far pre-dates the idea of me being an ISFJ.

- A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    That makes sense.
    No, actually that would make her an isTEEj.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    No, actually that would make her an isTEEj.
    Unfortunately im a man....at least I think I am last time I checked....but you get laughs for the 'tee'.

- A.A. Milne.