• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please help type me.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=15392]AffirmitiveAnxiety[/MENTION]

I'm going with ENFJ

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
[MENTION=15392]AffirmitiveAnxiety[/MENTION]

I'm going with ENFJ

Ah ok, so I demonstrate stronger Fe than Ni?

The only problem with ENFJ is that.....im not really extroverted in any sense. Ive never had much rapport with others except through great personal effort and my charisma is rock bottom most of the time. Not that extroverts are naturally bound to be charismatic, but even the most dislikable and decidedly anti-social extroverted people have an expressiveness that draws your attention to them regardless of negative or positive aspects.

Also while im not normally one for the generalised type descriptions, many do speak of ENFJ as some kind of social whirlwind, one which is subject to a lot of down time yes, but who cannot avoid their need for others, whereas I can spend enormous amounts of time without social interaction and often feel all the better for it.

As ive grown older ive been able to cultivate a social face and become much better at social interactions, but it is not something that I can do naturally and the drain after engaging in such a way is immense.

I dont know if this is relevent but I dont really have a hard time saying no. Could just be of course that I am an ENFJ who has suffered some form of emotional damage along the way.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

The only problem with ENFJ is that.....im not really extroverted in any sense. Ive never had much rapport with others except through great personal effort and my charisma is rock bottom most of the time. Not that extroverts are naturally bound to be charismatic, but even the most dislikable and decidedly anti-social extroverted people have an expressiveness that draws your attention to them regardless of negative or positive aspects.

Also while im not normally one for the generalised type descriptions, many do speak of ENFJ as some kind of social whirlwind, one which is subject to a lot of down time yes, but who cannot avoid their need for others, whereas I can spend enormous amounts of time without social interaction and often feel all the better for it.

As ive grown older ive been able to cultivate a social face and become much better at social interactions, but it is not something that I can do naturally and the drain after engaging in such a way is immense.

I dont know if this is relevent but I dont really have a hard time saying no. Could just be of course that I am an ENFJ who has suffered some form of emotional damage along the way.

Only you would know that. I mean, wouldh't a person know if they suffered emotional damage?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Only you would know that. I mean, wouldh't a person know if they suffered emotional damage?

I dont know, depends on how aware of it they are. The subconscious is a funny thing and can lash out in a way someone may not expect.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dont know, depends on how aware of it they are. The subconscious is a funny thing and can lash out in a way someone may not expect.

As I was telling someone else, people are not more mature than when they were children, they have simply stuffed down the less mature parts out of conscious awareness. You're right, sometimes those things have a tendency to lash out unexpectedly.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

INFJ was my second guess. Let's go with INFJ.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
As I was telling someone else, people are not more mature than when they were children, they have simply stuffed down the less mature parts out of conscious awareness. You're right, sometimes those things have a tendency to lash out unexpectedly.

This is very true and also why the common traits associated with 'adulthood' are sometimes so caustic to a creative mind.

INFJ was my second guess. Let's go with INFJ.

Well im not ruling it out but I was explaining my own misgivings. I could easily be wrong.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Ok sorry to bump this but ive just found some new heuristic evidence that may or may not be useful.

So about 15 minutes ago I was talking to a friend of mine that I play games with and he went off on a tangent, (from a discussion about the latest star wars game mmo), all about alien life and the conception of the size of the universe and he had all these theories about the human race going in cycles, (which sounded like the plot of assasins creed if you ask me), and how the US government had covered up the Roswell incident and how they had access to all sorts of incredibly enhanced equipment but they wouldn't let on.

Then there was something about obsidian stone or something to do with the pyramids.

Essentially I just switched off listening to him drone on and on and kept going "Uh-huh" over the mic. Rude I suppose but this made me realise that I dont actually enjoy wild theories of this nature.

A lot of what he was saying was gibberish to me and I knew that he thought I was stupid and that it had gone over my head, primarily because I didn't really add much to the discussion, but I had no opinions on them since I didn't care, of course he also asked literally whether it had gone over my head because I was so 'silent' on the mic.

This made me wonder on the nature of perhaps feeling vs thinking? What he was talking about and the way he put it forward sounded like rampant Ti to me. It was all connections based around loose correlations with no real proof or useage, i'm more interested in the nature of people and their motivations and I would have been interested if he had been talking about an application for the benefit of others. Although im not saying that people who possess Ti as a function will necessarily do this.

Although nothing annoys me more than being underestimated and others assuming that I am ignorant or shallow of thought. He clearly thought that this was some kind of massive mind-fuck for me, a revelation that I had not previously considered when in reality id considered such things but not to the extent he had, because I just wasn't interested in them.

Most of the more wild conspiracy theories come across as complete nonsense anyhow. I expect there are probably coverups and secrets, but that is to be expected, governments the world over probably conceal information that they believe is harmful to the general populace or just their own misdeeds. Of course whether or not this is justified or right is part of another discussion that im not going into here.

However this discussion, or rather one sided being talked at, actually annoyed me a little, I found myself a little angry at his suppositions about me and his theories which had no basis in reality or conception beyond what he could cognitively bias together.

While I didn't express this anger, it did make me consider my cognitive functions and whether or not I was merely misunderstanding the theory as well as my myself, which brought me back here.

The stereotypes of sensors not liking theories is a load of rubbish of course, which is why I mentioned thinking vs feeling and not sensing vs intuition.

Afterall my friend here could easily be an ISTP or ISFP getting in touch with his Ni. Although the way he jumped around from idea to idea made me suspect ENTP or INTP.

The point is that in the nature of who I am, I wanted to refute his points, call them nonsense, ask for proof. But I knew there was no point because the intense conviction of what he was talking about meant that any questioning along those lines would most likely result in him accusing me of not understanding his concepts or being small minded.

I could tell this from little signals and his general demeanor; I was here to be lectured not to give input. I couldnt see any future possibility in which he would accept what I wanted to ask, without it turning into a 'you just dont understand' or 'you are too stupid to understand' style of back and forth. So I said nothing apart from 'Uh-huh' and 'Yeah makes some sense'.

Some of what he said did make sense of course and I could see the correlation, but im a bit of a one track minded person, I need to be allowed time to work on one idea extensively at a time, jumping around all the time and being given so many different ideas at once just gives me a headache.

I work through depth not extensivity. So what do you think?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Ok sorry to bump this but ive just found some new heuristic evidence that may or may not be useful.

So about 15 minutes ago I was talking to a friend of mine that I play games with and he went off on a tangent, (from a discussion about the latest star wars game mmo), all about alien life and the conception of the size of the universe and he had all these theories about the human race going in cycles, (which sounded like the plot of assasins creed if you ask me), and how the US government had covered up the Roswell incident and how they had access to all sorts of incredibly enhanced equipment but they wouldn't let on.

Then there was something about obsidian stone or something to do with the pyramids.

Essentially I just switched off listening to him drone on and on and kept going "Uh-huh" over the mic. Rude I suppose but this made me realise that I dont actually enjoy wild theories of this nature.

A lot of what he was saying was gibberish to me and I knew that he thought I was stupid and that it had gone over my head, primarily because I didn't really add much to the discussion, but I had no opinions on them since I didn't care, of course he also asked literally whether it had gone over my head because I was so 'silent' on the mic.

This made me wonder on the nature of perhaps feeling vs thinking? What he was talking about and the way he put it forward sounded like rampant Ti to me. It was all connections based around loose correlations with no real proof or useage, i'm more interested in the nature of people and their motivations and I would have been interested if he had been talking about an application for the benefit of others. Although im not saying that people who possess Ti as a function will necessarily do this.

Although nothing annoys me more than being underestimated and others assuming that I am ignorant or shallow of thought. He clearly thought that this was some kind of massive mind-fuck for me, a revelation that I had not previously considered when in reality id considered such things but not to the extent he had, because I just wasn't interested in them.

Most of the more wild conspiracy theories come across as complete nonsense anyhow. I expect there are probably coverups and secrets, but that is to be expected, governments the world over probably conceal information that they believe is harmful to the general populace or just their own misdeeds. Of course whether or not this is justified or right is part of another discussion that im not going into here.

However this discussion, or rather one sided being talked at, actually annoyed me a little, I found myself a little angry at his suppositions about me and his theories which had no basis in reality or conception beyond what he could cognitively bias together.

While I didn't express this anger, it did make me consider my cognitive functions and whether or not I was merely misunderstanding the theory as well as my myself, which brought me back here.

The stereotypes of sensors not liking theories is a load of rubbish of course, which is why I mentioned thinking vs feeling and not sensing vs intuition.

Afterall my friend here could easily be an ISTP or ISFP getting in touch with his Ni. Although the way he jumped around from idea to idea made me suspect ENTP or INTP.

The point is that in the nature of who I am, I wanted to refute his points, call them nonsense, ask for proof. But I knew there was no point because the intense conviction of what he was talking about meant that any questioning along those lines would most likely result in him accusing me of not understanding his concepts or being small minded.

I could tell this from little signals and his general demeanor; I was here to be lectured not to give input. I couldnt see any future possibility in which he would accept what I wanted to ask, without it turning into a 'you just dont understand' or 'you are too stupid to understand' style of back and forth. So I said nothing apart from 'Uh-huh' and 'Yeah makes some sense'.

Some of what he said did make sense of course and I could see the correlation, but im a bit of a one track minded person, I need to be allowed time to work on one idea extensively at a time, jumping around all the time and being given so many different ideas at once just gives me a headache.

I work through depth not extensivity. So what do you think?

You still sound INFJ

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am the same way.

I think it is a Ti versus Te issue, predominately. Ne/Ti at work in the psyche, more specifically, I think makes 'conspiracy theories' not only palatable, but appetizing, and, when unhealthy--and perhaps combined with some form of Si/Ni/Fi--downright neurotic.

Te demands more proof usually, though a Te-er who introverts to an unhealthy degree can fall prey to this mindset as well.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I am the same way.

I think it is a Ti versus Te issue, predominately. Ne/Ti at work in the psyche, more specifically, I think makes 'conspiracy theories' not only palatable, but appetizing, and, when unhealthy--and perhaps combined with some form of Si/Ni/Fi--downright neurotic.

Te demands more proof usually, though a Te-er who introverts to an unhealthy degree can fall prey to this mindset as well.

But INFJ's have Ti not Te. In this instance, if I am INFJ, it would be Ti vs Ti? Or is it Fe vs Ti? If you suspect Te, what does that say about me?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Says who?

Well if we are going off MBTI here then MBTI. The functions are Ni>Fe>Ti>Se. However this is only on the assumption that we are looking at this through the system of MBTI. Actually if we are discussing the 16 lettered types then it has to be MBTI because no other system uses that ordering of letters.

That you can use Te? Or you are not an infj? :)

Exactly. Which is what im trying to figure out, so if I use Te as you believe I do, what would your estimate of me be?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well if we are going off MBTI here then MBTI. The functions are Ni>Fe>Ti>Se. However this is only on the assumption that we are looking at this through the system of MBTI. Actually if we are discussing the 16 lettered types then it has to be MBTI because no other system uses that ordering of letters.

Well, there was disagreement about the tert function and its orientation. Jung said it was opposite the dominant, and some MBTI followers as well (wiki it). They've settled on a similar alignment with the dominant, but that is, I believe, a misdirection in thinking.

Exactly. Which is what im trying to figure out, so if I use Te as you believe I do, what would your estimate of me be?

I'm sorry, I haven't studied your posts in that way. Perhaps you are an INTJ-ish INFJ...?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Well, there was disagreement about the tert function and its orientation. Jung said it was opposite the dominant, and some MBTI followers as well (wiki it). They've settled on a similar alignment with the dominant, but that is, I believe, a misdirection in thinking.
Fair enough. Afterall even Jung himself only relegates the auxiliary and any other functions as being subordinate to the dominant, to the point that they are almost unconscious by comparison.

I'm sorry, I haven't studied your posts in that way. Perhaps you are an INTJ-ish INFJ...?

Ive never heard of that before, but hey why not? It's ok you dont have to study my posts, it's nice that you actually took the time to deal with me in the first place, which most wont.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Upon further consideration....I believe myself to actually be an ISFJ. Jung's description of Si, as well as the one in the MBTI book Gift's Differing resonate with me on a much more intense level than Ni.

Also in Lenore Thompson's book 'personality type an owners manual', her description of ISJ types sounds like she is describing me down to a Tee.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Upon further consideration....I believe myself to actually be an ISFJ. Jung's description of Si, as well as the one in the MBTI book Gift's Differing resonate with me on a much more intense level than Ni.

Also in Lenore Thompson's book 'personality type an owners manual', her description of ISJ types sounds like she is describing me down to a Tee.

That makes sense.