User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post

I get far more help in life from observing other people's mistakes and trying not to make the same mistakes.
    Amen to that!
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Im sure you know that this back and forth on the temperaments was only a long way around of showing you how difficult I find them for use in typing, self or otherwise.

Of course the motive behind wanting this knowledge in the first place should be the top priority.

As for the artisan skills, well those are somewhat more defined as being about something inherent to that person. As Keirsey puts it:

Means- Ends

SP = Abilities> Performance

NT= Performance>Abilities

In other words, as he explains it, the SP's possess their talents and then perform with them, the NT's Perform and then try to use this to perfect and acquire abilities.
    Perform what? Possess what general talents? Don't these things differ by type?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Perform what? Possess what general talents? Don't these things differ by type?
    I was only using his generalised dichotomies, IE: NF's NT's SJ's and SP's.

In any case id like to say I am comfortable and fairly confident in ISFJ for the moment. I think I might move on to enneagram a bit more, I know very little about it.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

- A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I was only using his generalised dichotomies, IE: NF's NT's SJ's and SP's.
    But as Keirsey says: "The interests of Artisans are diametrically opposite of those of Idealists and quite different from those of Guardians and Rationals."

In any case id like to say I am comfortable and fairly confident in ISFJ for the moment. I think I might move on to enneagram a bit more, I know very little about it.
    I have been given little reason to doubt your MBTI type. The Enneagram is just another type of "foodage." But it's more like comparing fruits to vegetables than apples to oranges.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

I have been given little reason to doubt your MBTI type. The Enneagram is just another type of "foodage." But it's more like comparing fruits to vegetables than apples to oranges.
    Yeah that was my understanding of it as well, pretty good comparison.

- A.A. Milne.

Update for lulz.

- A.A. Milne.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

I'm getting ExFJ, which you were once typed, no? I saw a part about being in the house for 5 days but that doesn't seem like introversion (spoiler v). The arguing part could be CP 6 or just plain 6 behaviour, most of your post seems pretty 6-like. i also saw a bit of your video and get a Fe vibe, definitely.

Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    I'm getting ExFJ, which you were once typed, no? I saw a part about being in the house for 5 days but that doesn't seem like introversion (spoiler v). The arguing part could be CP 6 or just plain 6 behaviour, most of your post seems pretty 6-like. i also saw a bit of your video and get a Fe vibe, definitely.

That's interesting. One the more informative things ive come across actually. Because I only found out recently that I was even on that spectrum ive not really had time to research it much, but that could be the reason I dislike prolonged social events....yet seem to desire them at the same time.

I believe I am ESFJ more so than ENFJ, because I seem to demonstrate an adherance to my own past experiences on something so as to compartmentalise them, instead of using them to build bridges of new insight as with Ni. Generally once ive found a way of doing something I always do it that way and find it hard to see it another way.

- A.A. Milne.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

No problem, but i would definitely take a look at it. It's not that common but it's something to factor when typing someone.

Always fun to solve type cases, but some people....some people just want to be INTJs
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    No problem, but i would definitely take a look at it. It's not that common but it's something to factor when typing someone.

Always fun to solve type cases, but some people....some people just want to be INTJs
    Yeah lol, ive no idea why....dirty intense buggers.

You might get a few here who disagree though from vent. But the thing is I am a product of the circumstances of my life. I have been forced to develop certain perceptionary skills because I had nothing else to entertain myself with. So it could be im in an Fe-Ne loop and that's why I keep seeing possibilities for my type on silly bits of information that dont mean anything, which I then present to others to get their feedback on.

It also might be why some people keep seeing Ni....even though I dont.

It explains other things too, like my penchant to just keep going on or back to topics I wasnt ready to be finished with yet, which tends to really annoy people in my real life.

Weird isn't it?

Oh yeah edit for @minutegovt it was actually more like 2-3 years, which I spent doing nothing but staying inside and refusing any social offers that came my way. But that might have more to do with depression than anything else.

- A.A. Milne.