User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default Is my INTP status in jeopardy?

Shit, I meant INTP status* Can a mod fix my thread title?

So, I first got into typology about 3 years ago when I read Kiersey's book Please Understand Me. While I think his behavioral model is a little simplistic, it gave me the general gist of things. I tested INTx, though I did a lot of research into it and found INTP fitted far better. Ni is a little alien to me

Anyway, I spoke to a career counselor last year who asked me if I knew about MBTI. I said that yes I did (quite interested in it, in fact), and she disbelieved me when I said INTP. She didn't think it fit me at all , but she didn't say what type she thought I might be.

Out of curiosity, I took another online test a few days ago which gave me INFP - however I know an INFP and I really don't resonate with his thought patterns.

Anyway, I was hoping some of you could help me. I still think I'm INTP but I'd be interested to hear your opinions. Ask me any questions you like and I'll try to answer honestly as possible. I should also probably mention that the functions in my sig are a few years old at this point. I'll retake the test sometime soon!

There's even cookies in it for you

Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    Anyway, I spoke to a career counselor last year who asked me if I knew about MBTI. I said that yes I did (quite interested in it, in fact), and she disbelieved me when I said INTP. She didn't think it fit me at all , but she didn't say what type she thought I might be.
    I think you need to get yourself another career counselor. The rest doesn't really matter, but fwiw, you read more F than T here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    Shit, I meant INTP status* Can a mod fix my thread title?

So, I first got into typology about 3 years ago when I read Kiersey's book Please Understand Me. While I think his behavioral model is a little simplistic, it gave me the general gist of things. I tested INTx, though I did a lot of research into it and found INTP fitted far better. Ni is a little alien to me

Out of curiosity, I took another online test a few days ago which gave me INFP - however I know an INFP and I really don't resonate with his thought patterns.

Anyway, I was hoping some of you could help me. I still think I'm INTP but I'd be interested to hear your opinions. Ask me any questions you like and I'll try to answer honestly as possible. I should also probably mention that the functions in my sig are a few years old at this point. I'll retake the test sometime soon!

There's even cookies in it for you

@bold, there is your problem right there on why she didn't believe you.

on a more serious note, you could try following some posters here who have either type and just see if you can "see yourself" in what they are saying.

MBTI
    INTP

Heh, I should have remained mute I guess :P I do browse the forums a fair bit, and I do see a lot of myself in INTP discussions...

I don't go to a career counselor any more, it was a once-off thing. To get a proper MBTI test from her would have cost almost €100, which was money I wasn't willing to spend!
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Try the video challenge!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Video challenge, you say? In front of a camera, you say?
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Rumour has it even strong introverts have survived it
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Surely not :P Heh, I'll give it a go at the weekend so, when I'm finished with classes for the year.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Did she say why she didn't believe you? Seems odd to just say, "Nope, INTP doesn't fit you," and not say why.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    on a more serious note, you could try following some posters here who have either type and just see if you can "see yourself" in what they are saying.
    This. Or read plenty of threads comparing types or cognitive functions. Really, I want to say this to everyone who asks to be typed. Hang around, learn more, listen to people of different types, esp. when they're describing their thinking processes. And decide what resonates and what else besides Ni feels "foreign."

MBTI
    INTP

No, she didn't mention why. She asked if I knew about MBTI; I said I did, and that I was an INTP. She sort of raised her eyebrow and said nothing. We then started going through a list of stuff, and she randomly popped out with, "No, I don't think you're really INTP. I'm not getting that vibe." *shrug*

I have done lots and lots of reading on typology. I'm terrible at typing other people though. I've read all the profiles from lots of different sources and I do identify with INTP above any other. That may just be wishful thinking though
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe