• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is my INTP status in jeopardy?

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Shit, I meant INTP status* Can a mod fix my thread title? :(

So, I first got into typology about 3 years ago when I read Kiersey's book Please Understand Me. While I think his behavioral model is a little simplistic, it gave me the general gist of things. I tested INTx, though I did a lot of research into it and found INTP fitted far better. Ni is a little alien to me :blush:

Anyway, I spoke to a career counselor last year who asked me if I knew about MBTI. I said that yes I did (quite interested in it, in fact), and she disbelieved me when I said INTP. She didn't think it fit me at all :shock:, but she didn't say what type she thought I might be.

Out of curiosity, I took another online test a few days ago which gave me INFP - however I know an INFP and I really don't resonate with his thought patterns.

Anyway, I was hoping some of you could help me. I still think I'm INTP but I'd be interested to hear your opinions. Ask me any questions you like and I'll try to answer honestly as possible. I should also probably mention that the functions in my sig are a few years old at this point. I'll retake the test sometime soon!

There's even cookies in it for you :D

cookies-chocFP.jpg

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyway, I spoke to a career counselor last year who asked me if I knew about MBTI. I said that yes I did (quite interested in it, in fact), and she disbelieved me when I said INTP. She didn't think it fit me at all :shock:, but she didn't say what type she thought I might be.
I think you need to get yourself another career counselor. The rest doesn't really matter, but fwiw, you read more F than T here.

A

Anew Leaf

Shit, I meant INTP status* Can a mod fix my thread title? :(

So, I first got into typology about 3 years ago when I read Kiersey's book Please Understand Me. While I think his behavioral model is a little simplistic, it gave me the general gist of things. I tested INTx, though I did a lot of research into it and found INTP fitted far better. Ni is a little alien to me :blush:

Out of curiosity, I took another online test a few days ago which gave me INFP - however I know an INFP and I really don't resonate with his thought patterns.

Anyway, I was hoping some of you could help me. I still think I'm INTP but I'd be interested to hear your opinions. Ask me any questions you like and I'll try to answer honestly as possible. I should also probably mention that the functions in my sig are a few years old at this point. I'll retake the test sometime soon!

There's even cookies in it for you :D

cookies-chocFP.jpg

@bold, there is your problem right there on why she didn't believe you. ;)

on a more serious note, you could try following some posters here who have either type and just see if you can "see yourself" in what they are saying.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Heh, I should have remained mute I guess :p I do browse the forums a fair bit, and I do see a lot of myself in INTP discussions...

I don't go to a career counselor any more, it was a once-off thing. To get a proper MBTI test from her would have cost almost €100, which was money I wasn't willing to spend!

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Video challenge, you say? In front of a camera, you say? :shock:

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rumour has it even strong introverts have survived it :D

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Surely not :p Heh, I'll give it a go at the weekend so, when I'm finished with classes for the year.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Did she say why she didn't believe you? Seems odd to just say, "Nope, INTP doesn't fit you," and not say why.

on a more serious note, you could try following some posters here who have either type and just see if you can "see yourself" in what they are saying.

This. Or read plenty of threads comparing types or cognitive functions. Really, I want to say this to everyone who asks to be typed. Hang around, learn more, listen to people of different types, esp. when they're describing their thinking processes. And decide what resonates and what else besides Ni feels "foreign."

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
No, she didn't mention why. She asked if I knew about MBTI; I said I did, and that I was an INTP. She sort of raised her eyebrow and said nothing. We then started going through a list of stuff, and she randomly popped out with, "No, I don't think you're really INTP. I'm not getting that vibe." *shrug*

I have done lots and lots of reading on typology. I'm terrible at typing other people though. I've read all the profiles from lots of different sources and I do identify with INTP above any other. That may just be wishful thinking though :D

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Manipulation and repetition of patterns that work = INTP? ;)

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
It's not a cute bird, it's a legendary pokémon - Moltres! :(

I'm just browsing through the video challenge thread at the moment. If you guys want to give me some questions, I'll be happy to answer them in my video. I gotta admit, I'm curious to see how it would go now :wizfreak:

G

Glycerine

Wow that's a huge snap judgment on her part. What a crappy therapist.

A

Anew Leaf

It's not a cute bird, it's a legendary pokémon - Moltres! :(

I'm just browsing through the video challenge thread at the moment. If you guys want to give me some questions, I'll be happy to answer them in my video. I gotta admit, I'm curious to see how it would go now :wizfreak:

there there little inFp. It's ok.

have some pudding and play with some glitter and you will feel better in no time! :D

also [MENTION=9883]Redbone[/MENTION] is wise in their post about the sweets. alluring strangers with candy is an INFP's specialty... :ninja:

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Wow that's a huge snap judgment on her part. What a crappy therapist.

True dat.

there there little inFp. It's ok.

have some pudding and play with some glitter and you will feel better in no time! :D

Naw, I have practically no Fi worth talking about. It was something of an issue between me and the INFP mentioned above :laugh:.

also [MENTION=9883]Redbone[/MENTION] is wise in their post about the sweets. alluring strangers with candy is an INFP's specialty... :ninja:

Shhhhhh >.<

A

Anew Leaf

True dat.

Naw, I have practically no Fi worth talking about. It was something of an issue between me and the INFP mentioned above :laugh:.

Shhhhhh >.<

COOKIES WERE OFFERED!!! FEED US COOKIES!!!!!!!

:cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

marshmallow44altalt.png

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
alluring strangers with candy is an INFP's specialty... :ninja:

Is this to mean that my previous alluring of strangers with cupcakes and koolaid is not devious NT trickery? :shock:

She'd fit right in, here.

"Do you eat cabbage?"
"Yes."
"ESTJ!"

How S of you to talk about vegetables.....