• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is my INTP status in jeopardy?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, but especially at the beginning of somebody's exploration of types and functions you have INTPs saying: "Hey, I'm not a robot, I have feelings and am nice to people, gotta be an INFP" and INFPs going "Hey, I am smart, read a lot and can use logic, gotta be INTP". It happens to the best of us.
Fortunately we NTJs don't suffer from such confusion.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, but especially at the beginning of somebody's exploration of types and functions you have INTPs saying: "Hey, I'm not a robot, I have feelings and am nice to people, gotta be an INFP" and INFPs going "Hey, I am smart, read a lot and can use logic, gotta be INTP". It happens to the best of us.

my boyfriend thought he was an intp at first...and still every once and awhile will say he thinks he might be but really...not even close..he couldn't be anything but infp

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't get what it is with all these INTPs identifying with INFPs, because after all, INTP is perhaps the most logical of all the types, the theoretically inclined Ti dominant abstract-minded systems analysts, so I would imagine the T/F difference should be bigger for INPs than any other type!

Ah, but I am a lady-person, therefore I may have been socially conditioned to act more F-like than a man would be (for whom being a T is the norm).

Stereotypes ftw! :pac:

i meant soft and feelery not a soft that was a typo haha but yeah soft sweet warm hugable whatever...you don't seem like a t

I got what you meant :yes:. I read through my Keirsey book again last night and I really really don't think I'm an INFP. I'm flattered you think I'm warm though :wubbie:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
A loud, vulgar INTP who is touch with a feeling function would be an ENTP....tertiary Fe. Also explains ambiversion.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They're often quite dexterous - I have two ESFP friends who have very good hands. That would make them ideal surgeons, no? :laugh:
If I wanted a hand-job, yes, just not surgery.
:yim_rolling_on_the_:yim_rolling_on_the_:yim_rolling_on_the_:yim_rolling_on_the_

Oeufa,
I can't believe you didn't see that coming; therefore, you must be an INFP. :popc1:

Edit: Just saw your video, and my impression was ISFP. You don't look like a Ti-dom at all.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
A loud, vulgar INTP who is touch with a feeling function would be an ENTP....tertiary Fe. Also explains ambiversion.

Makes sense to me :yes:

Just saw your video, and my impression was ISFP. You don't look like a Ti-dom at all.

:rofl1: You're pretty far off the mark there. I'm not ISFP. To be fair, I read through the ISFP descriptions in both of my books, and while ISFP is what I aspire to in many ways, it's not who I am.

I also read through lots of INTP, INFP and ENTP descriptions (since those were reoccurring suggestions on this thread) and I think that both the INTP and ENTP descriptions match me fairly well. Much more so than INFP (dividing the world into "Good" and "Evil"? Not me at all :dont:).

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Didn't watch the vid, but you are coming off as more of an extrovert in this thread. (Short, quick responses, laughing in people's faces, none of the long, drawn-out explanations or analyses that INTPs are often inclined to post in an argument):laugh:

So, could be E, sure. Also, as [MENTION=6877]Marmie Dearest[/MENTION] mentioned, ENTPs often seem ambiverted - not obviously introverted or extroverted. INTPs are more often quite clear introverts. So if you're sure you're an NP of some sort and are having trouble deciding on I/E, chances are you're E.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Dunno what to say to that really, makes me sound rather rude :shrug:

Fair point. I think I'll say xNTP for the moment though, as I do think my Ti is stronger than my Ne. I'll have to think about it some more :laugh:

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Ah no, I didn't mean in it a bad way. You don't seem rude. I'm getting at...the way you seem to put your immediate reactions out there rather than processing them. If I were in your position, I'd be more inclined to step back, think about what people are saying for a while, and then write a rather long-winded post about why I disagree and why they might be getting a false impression. I might also anticipate some problems people may have with my own argument and try to deal with them ahead of time. It wouldn't feel right to me to just immediately go "Lolz no. Next!" and leave it at that. I'd be slower to respond but quite thorough if I did get around to it. (Granted, a lot of typing so far is based mainly on your vibe and you're not getting much detail, so maybe you're just responding in kind).

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
To be fair, most of this thread has been people saying "You're INFP LOLOLOLOLOOLOL :troll:". When I've read the descriptions and looked into it and can see that I'm not, there's little point saying more than that... That said, perhaps an INTP would argue his position better than I've been doing :tongue:

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think that was meant for another thread :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah no, I didn't mean in it a bad way. You don't seem rude. I'm getting at...the way you seem to put your immediate reactions out there rather than processing them. If I were in your position, I'd be more inclined to step back, think about what people are saying for a while, and then write a rather long-winded post about why I disagree and why they might be getting a false impression. I might also anticipate some problems people may have with my own argument and try to deal with them ahead of time. It wouldn't feel right to me to just immediately go "Lolz no. Next!" and leave it at that. I'd be slower to respond but quite thorough if I did get around to it. (Granted, a lot of typing so far is based mainly on your vibe and you're not getting much detail, so maybe you're just responding in kind).

Exactly my Impression.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:rofl1: You're pretty far off the mark there. I'm not ISFP. To be fair, I read through the ISFP descriptions in both of my books, and while ISFP is what I aspire to in many ways, it's not who I am.
You shouldn't care that much about the descriptions, what define your mbti type are your cognitive functions. Besides, most mbti descriptions are pretty bad, as they seem not to recognize that a) people evolve and b) not everyone is as extreme as their mbti profile says. Perhaps you could take the cognitive functions test and post the results? It could really help.
http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm
I also read through lots of INTP, INFP and ENTP descriptions (since those were reoccurring suggestions on this thread) and I think that both the INTP and ENTP descriptions match me fairly well. Much more so than INFP (dividing the world into "Good" and "Evil"? Not me at all :dont:).
Again, stereotypes.
To be fair, most of this thread has been people saying "You're INFP LOLOLOLOLOOLOL :troll:".
:hexer:

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
You shouldn't care that much about the descriptions, what define your mbti type are your cognitive functions. Besides, most mbti descriptions are pretty bad, as they seem not to recognize that a) people evolve and b) not everyone is as extreme as their mbti profile says. Perhaps you could take the cognitive functions test and post the results? It could really help.
http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

I did; you can see the exact results a few pages back. The order is: Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe. Considering my Fi and Se are so very low, I'm rather puzzled as to why you'd say ISFP.

That said, I've an ENFJ mam and an ESFJ granny (who lives with us - she's like a 3rd parent) - both Fe doms. If I come across as a bit Feely, it's probably a learned behaviour :yes:

Again, stereotypes.

Not necessarily. Pretty much all sources I've looked at on INFPs talk about this internal struggle between Good and Evil (or, non-religiously, Right and Wrong).

:krusty:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am still amazed by the thread title "Is my intp status in jeopardy"

Thats an oxymoron on all levels :devil::alttongue: