• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is my INTP status in jeopardy?

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok, I finished the video (I think cookies were promised) and think that ENTP is a serious possibility. I think I saw Ne, Ti and Fe and probably Si, so it figures, but remember this isn't an exact science but rather a language to describe certain phenomena, so don't worry too much.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Ok, I finished the video (I think cookies were promised) and think that ENTP is a serious possibility. I think I saw Ne, Ti and Fe and probably Si, so it figures, but remember this isn't an exact science but rather a language to describe certain phenomena, so don't worry too much.

plate+of+cookies.jpg

ENTP eh? Makes sense. Thank you :)

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Also, I'm rather new to Enneagram so if anyone has thoughts on what that type might be, I'd be interested to hear :yes:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Could you hear any of the video?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. The sound does work, but it is so low I had to plug my headphones in to hear anything at all

Mine are plugged in and it comes across as a whisper at best. All my volumes are at max.

2. Not sure yet on your type, but a softer NTP is a possibility
3. Don't let anybody troll you ;)

And just how does one prevent this?

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Sorry about the quiet audio - it was as loud as WMM would let me make it. I'll use a mic if I make another one in the future

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry about the quiet audio - it was as loud as WMM would let me make it. I'll use a mic if I make another one in the future

Ohhh I see. When I say something to you, it's false. But when someone else backs me up, it suddenly becomes true.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Ohhh I see. When I say something to you, it's false. But when someone else backs me up, it suddenly becomes true.

I said the sound works ;) Maybe you should read my posts properly :laugh:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's how you get a split between the intellectual and emotional. I know intellectually that each ESFP is a little different, and I'm sure some of them make fine surgeons. But my emotional, reactive side may not see things that way. So I can spout off in the forums all day about this higher Jungian perspective, but when confronted with reality the nervous reaction sets in. Yes they are all different - just don't let one near me with a scalpel.
Ahh - an INTP who lets his reason be overruled by feelings. Perhaps YOU are an F???

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ahh - an INTP who lets his reason be overruled by feelings. Perhaps YOU are an F???

I was actually speaking for everybody. As an analogy, do you react to movies as if the things you see in them are real? This is something we all do, and that's what makes them a successful form of media. It is a mistake to think that the intellect rules over all, especially for 5s, 1s sometimes, and INTP or INTJ types.

As someone in the anxiety triad, the enneagram teaches that I am ruled over by a certain feeling, anxiety. If I have a 4-wing, then envy is also a factor. This isn't news. And intellectualizing is a known defense mechanism of the 5. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectualization

But my critique here isn't being directed at myself. Maybe it's being redirected back at me, but it misses the target. The point is that there are two sides to the story (at least). And that those who criticize me for making an emotional assertion are being hypocritical intellectualizers who repress the existence of an emotional side and idealize themselves as being above all that.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
okay...so...you do come off as a soft and feelery to me but maybe you're an entp with good fe??

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Soft? :laugh: Most of my friends in real-life describe me as a bit loud and vulgar (usually when I'm hyper though). I've been said to have no indoor voice when I'm excited about something :tongue:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was actually speaking for everybody. As an analogy, do you react to movies as if the things you see in them are real? This is something we all do, and that's what makes them a successful form of media. It is a mistake to think that the intellect rules over all, especially for 5s, 1s sometimes, and INTP or INTJ types.

And that those who criticize me for making an emotional assertion are being hypocritical intellectualizers who repress the existence of an emotional side and idealize themselves as being above all that.
I was being facetious, to a point. I see a real distinction between having feelings and acting on them. Yes, I may have emotional reactions to movies, but I don't then make choices and decisions based on those reactions, excepting perhaps whether to watch the sequel. Even in real-life situations, I can distinguish between how I feel about something, and what I have objectively determined to be the best course of action.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was being facetious, to a point. I see a real distinction between having feelings and acting on them. Yes, I may have emotional reactions to movies, but I don't then make choices and decisions based on those reactions, excepting perhaps whether to watch the sequel. Even in real-life situations, I can distinguish between how I feel about something, and what I have objectively determined to be the best course of action.

I'm not speaking to that, but to the reaction itself. You're just saying that decision-making rules over behavior, where the rational (objective) part knows the difference between a movie and reality. But All I'm saying is that the irrational part does not know the difference, and that we all have this.

Of course you know the difference between having feelings and acting on them. You would have to be a very small child not to know it. And I think for most of us, if we didn't know the difference then all hell would break loose. That part still exists, only it's been submerged. It hasn't matured.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't get what it is with all these INTPs identifying with INFPs, because after all, INTP is perhaps the most logical of all the types, the theoretically inclined Ti dominant abstract-minded systems analysts, so I would imagine the T/F difference should be bigger for INPs than any other type!

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, but especially at the beginning of somebody's exploration of types and functions you have INTPs saying: "Hey, I'm not a robot, I have feelings and am nice to people, gotta be an INFP" and INFPs going "Hey, I am smart, read a lot and can use logic, gotta be INTP". It happens to the best of us.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Soft? :laugh: Most of my friends in real-life describe me as a bit loud and vulgar (usually when I'm hyper though). I've been said to have no indoor voice when I'm excited about something :tongue:

i meant soft and feelery not a soft that was a typo haha but yeah soft sweet warm hugable whatever...you don't seem like a t