• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is my INTP status in jeopardy?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No, my lovely ENFP fwend, it is not. :)

People talk about ENTPs being manipulative but they never specify how, but it's with something other than sweets? In what mysteries do these NTPs work then...

A

Anew Leaf

People talk about ENTPs being manipulative but they never specify how, but it's with something other than sweets? In what mysteries do these NTPs work then...

We cannot tell you.

It is a secret for us ENTPs to know.

:ninja:

P.S. If you torture [MENTION=71]JAVO[/MENTION], he will tell you.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Torturing for the retrieval of information? This is another T/F test isn't it? :D

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
COOKIES WERE OFFERED!!! FEED US COOKIES!!!!!!!

:cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

marshmallow44altalt.png

:laugh: The cookies were a lie /GLaDOS voice

Torturing for the retrieval of information? This is another T/F test isn't it? :D

I think torture may be against the NF creed. Just a thought.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
So I just took another cognitive function test - it gave me INTP :harhar:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21.8)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************** (32.1)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************************** (39.1)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (26.8)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.9)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************************** (41.1)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************* (21)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************** (27.8)
average use

So I guess I would order them thusly: Ti->Ne->Si->Te->Fi->Ni->Se=Fe

I don't know that I necessary agree with it (I may not have entirely shed my INTP bias while answering :whistling:) but there it is anyway.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I don't put much faith on those function tests (especially when you know enough about functions to know which one each question is asking about, AND you already have a type in mind). I have noticed that often people test very low on their inferior function (so Ti-doms often, not always, test very low on Fe use). Just something I've come to observe, not a strict rule. You don't have any exceptionally low scores though.

Have you had any reason to question the INTP type, aside from that career counsellor saying you don't "vibe" that way? What are alternate types have you considered? You said you don't relate much to Ni or Fi - is there a type besides INTP that's more plausible to you? If so, why? And what factors have led you to believe INTP is a better fit than these?

A

Anew Leaf

:laugh: The cookies were a lie /GLaDOS voice

I think torture may be against the NF creed. Just a thought.

Pfft. Clearly you don't know many NFs then. I torture people out of a general sense of "this is hilarious."

:coffee:

So I just took another cognitive function test - it gave me INTP :harhar:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21.8)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************** (32.1)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************************** (39.1)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (26.8)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.9)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************************** (41.1)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************* (21)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************** (27.8)
average use

So I guess I would order them thusly: Ti->Ne->Si->Te->Fi->Ni->Se=Fe

I don't know that I necessary agree with it (I may not have entirely shed my INTP bias while answering :whistling:) but there it is anyway.

The fact that you didn't take this test in an unbiased manner suggests that you are not an INTP because being a detached unbiased robot is what they are all about. True story.

Your evidence is weak.

I say INFP or at least F of some sort.

:coffee: with :cookie:

If you are going to taunt the audience with tales of cookies then I shall bring my own.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't put much faith on those function tests (especially when you know enough about functions to know which one each question is asking about, AND you already have a type in mind). I have noticed that often people test very low on their inferior function (so Ti-doms often, not always, test very low on Fe use). Just something I've come to observe, not a strict rule. You don't have any exceptionally low scores though.

Yeah that's the issue of being familiar with the theory. It's hard to be totally unbiased. The test I took was rather short as well, I'll see if I can hunt down a longer one.

Have you had any reason to question the INTP type, aside from that career counsellor saying you don't "vibe" that way? What are alternate types have you considered? You said you don't relate much to Ni or Fi - is there a type besides INTP that's more plausible to you? If so, why? And what factors have led you to believe INTP is a better fit than these?

Not really, I do associate very strongly with INTP. I'm just curious to see if anyone else doubts it. I haven't thought about typology in many months, and I got re-interested last week. When I remembered what the career counselor said, I wanted to know if anyone else doubted my INTPness (*snigger*).

Any other type that seems plausible... ENTP maybe, though it depends on what definition of extroversion/introversion you're running with. If it's that Introverts get energy from solitude and Extroverts get energy from people, then I'm definitely I. I could possibly see myself typing as an SP either. I must reread all the profiles and see :reading:

Pfft. Clearly you don't know many NFs then. I torture people out of a general sense of "this is hilarious."

:coffee:

Maybe that's less of an NF thing and more of a sociopath thing ;)

The fact that you didn't take this test in an unbiased manner suggests that you are not an INTP because being a detached unbiased robot is what they are all about. True story.

Your evidence is weak.

I say INFP or at least F of some sort.

:coffee: with :cookie:

If you are going to taunt the audience with tales of cookies then I shall bring my own.

If you insult me with these NF tags again, I'm gonna eat all these cookies and there'll be none left for you :threaten: :smile:

cookie.jpg

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I took that 72-question test on Humanmetrics and it gave me INTP again :laugh:

Introverted - 78
Intuitive - 62
Thinking - 25
Perceiving - 33

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Rumour has it even strong introverts have survived it :D

And rumor has it others have failed...repeatedly.

...At least we've established that he's likely an introvert, I suppose?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i could get intp on a test too...if i wanted...just sayin

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
And rumor has it others have failed...repeatedly.

...At least we've established that he's likely an introvert, I suppose?

She* :laugh:

i could get intp on a test too...if i wanted...just sayin

Your avatar is the spitting image of a girl I knew in high school. :shock:
Yeah I know, but I did try to answer accurately as possible.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well maybe you are then if you identify with it and not infp or maybe you're a type 5 infp or a type 4 intp

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Hmmm, don't really know a lot about enneagram. I should go check that out :yes:

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I got 5w6 on this Enneagram test. Now to look up what this stuff actually means :shock:

Type 5 - 14
Type 9 - 11.7
Type 7 - 9.7
Type 6 - 7.7
Type 4 - 5.3

Wing 5w6 - 17.9
Wing 5w4 - 16.7
Wing 6w5 - 14.7
Wing 7w6 - 13.6
Wing 6w7 - 12.6
Wing 9w1 - 12.4
Wing 4w5 - 12.3
Wing 9w8 - 12.1
Wing 7w8 - 10.1
Wing 4w3 - 5.7

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Well, that is a pretty common enneagram type for an INTP.

I don't see any sound reason to doubt your self-typing - I haven't read enough of your posts to really get a sense of how you think, and if you say you've done extensive reading and everything seems to fit, then good enough for me. If you become a more regular poster around here and others think you are a different type, chances are you'll hear alllllll about it. :wink:

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah I should post more :yes:. Typology is awesome. I'm reading through some 5x6 profiles right now and they're all very accurate. They also read like a list of symptoms for depression :laugh:.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah enneagram will tell you all of your faults for sure. mine sounds like a loser rockstar drug addict.. :/

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
It's a strange system alright. I'm not entirely sure I like it :unsure: