User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I don't want an ESFP doing any major surgery on me. Not now, not ever.
    If you can spot the ESFP, you are free to move on to another surgeon. In my professional interactions, I have been fooled by more than one ESFP coming across as something almost entirely opposite. They seem to be able to compartmentalize their work and private demeanors quite well when they like a job enough to give it what it takes.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    If you can spot the ESFP, you are free to move on to another surgeon. In my professional interactions, I have been fooled by more than one ESFP coming across as something almost entirely opposite. They seem to be able to compartmentalize their work and private demeanors quite well when they like a job enough to give it what it takes.
    Then you have an ESFP who is able to compartmentalize tasks, to put aside innate flightiness and distractedness, whereas there is always an ESFP somewhere without that ability. Or to go to an extreme, my step-daughter, an ESFP whose hands shake terribly. [Edit - that means, the extreme of a non-ideal surgeon whose hands shake during surgery.]
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTP

"I've been reading through some INFP profiles for the last few minutes." I forgot to ask: What INFP profiles? Do you mean type-descriptions?
    Usual suspects - similarminds, typelogic, personality page. I'll check out my books when I'm home later

I don't see what Ne has to do with whimsy, unless you're talking about free-association or a kind of randomness of speech and behavior.
    Ne has everything to do with whimsy

If I wanted a hand-job, yes, just not surgery. But since you're talking about an "ideal" surgeon, I wouldn't want to be operated on by someone who is less than the ideal surgeon. Would you? Of course certain types are ideal for certain careers, in general. The MBTI was created based upon that very scenario. So when someone comes along and says that any type can belong to any career, that defeats the purpose of someone using the MBTI to make the ideal career choice. Because it's not the point to say that an ENFJ can be a program developer. We all know that reality doesn't always conform with theory. But reality isn't the ideal, where the ideal exists only in the mind.
    I think that's rather small-minded of you, but your call.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    Usual suspects - similarminds, typelogic, personality page. I'll check out my books when I'm home later

Ne has everything to do with whimsy

I think that's rather small-minded of you, but your call.
    "The ideal doesn't match reality" is small-minded of me? Then I wonder if you've understood anything I've written here. Edit - I don't think you are reading past the first line or even the first sentence of a paragraph.

For example, I didn't say that whimsy doesn't have to do with Ne, I asked for clarification about that idea.

MBTI
    INTP

"The ideal doesn't match reality" is small-minded of me? Then I wonder if you've understood anything I've written here.
    No, saying "ESFPs make shit surgeons but are, at least, good at getting guys off" is small-minded.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    No, saying "ESFPs make shit surgeons but are, at least, good at getting guys off" is small-minded.
    Not reading past the first line of a paragraph is whimsical.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

whoa...she kinda even argues like an enfp.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

and look at your avatar i mean come on!! haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    She kind of quotes like one, too. Quoting me as saying "ESFPs make shit surgeons but are, at least, good at getting guys off" is very whimsical, because that's not what I said.

MBTI
    INTP

"The ideal doesn't match reality" is small-minded of me? Then I wonder if you've understood anything I've written here. Edit - I don't think you are reading past the first line or even the first sentence of a paragraph.

For example, I didn't say that whimsy doesn't have to do with Ne, I asked for clarification about that idea. Edit - I don't think you are reading past the first line or even the first sentence of a paragraph.
    I'm reading everything you write, I just don't find much of it relevant tbh. What exactly would you like me to clarify about Ne and whimsy?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe