• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is my INTP status in jeopardy?

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
@op

When you think you have an intps abilities but score F on tests then the solution is most often entp. I've read your first posts before this thread became intp wonderland and I'ld concur with entp for you. Of course you could be a F-type as well but intp I'ld rule out for you. You sound too simpatico for that

Very interesting, thank you.

I just made a (terrible) video, gonna upload it now. We'll see how this goes :laugh:

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's how you get a split between the intellectual and emotional. I know intellectually that each ESFP is a little different, and I'm sure some of them make fine surgeons. But my emotional, reactive side may not see things that way. So I can spout off in the forums all day about this higher Jungian perspective, but when confronted with reality the nervous reaction sets in. Yes they are all different - just don't let one near me with a scalpel.

url

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know any surgeons IRL. But from what I have heard my INFJ father was very good at sewing wounds and small surgery although he was "only" a general practitioner.
My ISFP sister is a virologist and recently got her PhD in molecular biotechnology, even representing her university's research project on a European level on international conferences.

Both of them are manually gifted, something I would want in a surgeon. And both are really good at math and theoretical science as well.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know any surgeons IRL. But from what I have heard my INFJ father was very good at sewing wounds and small surgery although he was "only" a general practitioner.
My ISFP sister is a virologist and recently got her PhD in molecular biotechnology, even representing her university's research project on a European level on international conferences.

Both of them are manually gifted, something I would want in a surgeon. And both are really good at math and theoretical science as well.

I was reading about Maschio (in that pic) when you posted that. "Maschio takes credit for many of The Todd’s most memorable features, including the now-famous banana hammock (Speedo) and the naming of his high-fives (Air Five! Self Five!)." Hah. I almost wish I had watched some Scrubs episodes.

So how do you know that your father was an INFJ and your sister is an ISFP?

My point is that the whole time we're intellectually discussing typology, the emotional, subconscious side of our psyches is working in the background to record all this information in terms of stereotypes.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So how do you know that your father was an INFJ and your sister is an ISFP?

They did a test, agreed with the profile and fit it as far as I can judge that.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They did a test, agreed with the profile and fit it as far as I can judge that.

Ok.

We know that the INFJ type is commonly quite gifted. But it doesn't explain why your ISFP sister has a PhD while an ISFP I know graduated high school with a 1.0 GPA.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Take your surgeon talk elsewhere :laugh:

Video's rendering now. Should be ready to share in about 30 mins or so :)

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My ENTP mum is a science teacher. She was a good role model for us when it comes to our attitude towards science. I wanted to become a biologist before I settled on languages (and still do a lot of science and engineering heavy translation jobs), my ISFP sister and ENTJ brother both studied biology like our mum. It's a family thing. And my sister has always been good at math (top of her class in calculus, used to help her friends with their math homework at college) and science, maybe in part because I did languages and humanities, we divided the world between us.

Anyway, she is good at what she does but prefers hands-on lab work to theory.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Take your surgeon talk elsewhere :laugh:

Video's rendering now. Should be ready to share in about 30 mins or so :)

Sorry, I was about to say we shouldn't hijack your thread. I'll definitely watch and comment your video when it is uploaded, I promise!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry, I was about to say we shouldn't hijack your thread. I'll definitely watch and comment your video when it is uploaded, I promise!

I'm not sorry, it's just the thread drift rule in action. Newbies should get used to these forces of nature. But of course an INFP has to take these things personally.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm hardly a newbie, Mal+ :nono:

Anyway, here's my video! With extra chins and boring-boringness. Cookies for anyone who can stay awake throughout the whole thing.

I'm Irish btw, so sorry if you can't understand my accent. It's fairly neutral for a Dublin person though :tongue:

Last edited:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm hardly a newbie, Mal+ :nono:

Anyway, here's my video! With extra chins and boring-boringness. Cookies for anyone who can stay awake throughout the whole thing.

I'm Irish btw, so sorry if you can't understand my accent. It's fairly neutral for a Dublin person though :tongue:

I can't hear it, but I see that you do have those big soft Feeler eyes.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I have very small eyes :wtf: And I just checked - the sound does work.

I can't seem to embed it though. Dunno why

EDIT: Nvm, it works now.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have very small eyes :wtf: And I just checked - the sound does work.

I can't seem to embed it though. Dunno why

EDIT: Nvm, it works now.

So basically, you intend simply to disagree with every single thing I say.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. The sound does work, but it is so low I had to plug my headphones in to hear anything at all
2. Not sure yet on your type, but a softer NTP is a possibility
3. Don't let anybody troll you ;)

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
1. The sound does work, but it is so low I had to plug my headphones in to hear anything at all
2. Not sure yet on your type, but a softer NTP is a possibility
3. Don't let anybody troll you ;)

1. Sorry about that - I probably should have used my mic instead of the camera's in-built one for better audio :shrug:.
2. Indeedy :yes:
3. Awh, ok :sadbanana:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
umm...how do you get it to play? :/

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP