First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    I didn't go to the counselor because I wanted to - my parents forced me to go after dropping out of university. I also don't have any problem identifying with type; I merely started this thread to see if anyone else had doubts like the career woman did .

I still don't think that there's a strong enough correlation between interests/career and type to say I'm INFP over INTP based on my hobbies. I'd actually be inclined to lean toward ISTP if that were the case, but it's not.
    Nevertheless, your counselor was on the right track. Unfortunately, she can't state what type she thinks you really are without testing. When I was in college it was a free test. Oh well. To me it's not worth a $132 test to find your type, because it's obviously INFP.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

By the way, I don't take anybody seriously who states that using smilies is any signal concerning type.

MBTI
    INTP

Smileys are an excellent way to determine type .

:crazy:

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Nevertheless, your counselor was on the right track. Unfortunately, she can't state what type she thinks you really are without testing. When I was in college it was a free test. Oh well. To me it's not worth a $132 test to find your type, because it's obviously INFP.
    If you say so
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I still don't think that there's a strong enough correlation between interests/career and type to say I'm INFP over INTP based on my hobbies. I'd actually be inclined to lean toward ISTP if that were the case, but it's not.
    I agree - not about ISTP, but about hobbies, interests, and even careers. Any type can succeed at any career and derive enjoyment from any hobby or interest. The type differences will be seen primarily in their motivations for doing so, and exactly what they feel they get out of it.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Smileys are an excellent way to determine type .

:crazy:

If you say so
    I've never seen such an INTP post in my life. Seriously. Not.

If not INFP, then you should consider ENFP. This isn't rocket science.

MBTI
    INTP

You're just jelly cause I'm more INTP than you

No, really, I did take your suggestion on board and I've been reading through some INFP profiles for the last few minutes. I don't agree with much of the description at all. While there is some that fits, I think there are aspects of all types that can be applicable to anyone else. Typology isn't an exact science.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

You're just jelly cause I'm more INTP than you

No, really, I did take your suggestion on board and I've been reading through some INFP profiles for the last few minutes. I don't agree with much of the description at all. While there is some that fits, I think there are aspects of all types that can be applicable to anyone else. Typology isn't an exact science.
    If INFP is so not-right, then ENFP is the next logical choice. Over the course of this thread you've come across as more extroverted. The ENFP is, in reality, rather ambiverted, somewhere between introvert and extrovert. This factor makes the typing process more difficult.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I agree - not about ISTP, but about hobbies, interests, and even careers. Any type can succeed at any career.
    I don't want an ESFP doing any major surgery on me. Not now, not ever.

MBTI
    INTP

If INFP is so not-right, then ENFP is the next logical choice. Over the course of this thread you've come across as more extroverted. The ENFP is, in reality, rather ambiverted, somewhere between introvert and extrovert. This factor makes the typing process more difficult.
    I do have strong Ne (whimsy ftw!) but ENFP? Doubt it.

I don't want an ESFP doing any major surgery on me. Not now, not ever.
    They're often quite dexterous - I have two ESFP friends who have very good hands. That would make them ideal surgeons, no?
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I do have strong Ne (whimsy ftw!) but ENFP? Doubt it.
    "I've been reading through some INFP profiles for the last few minutes." I forgot to ask: What INFP profiles? Do you mean type-descriptions?

I don't see what Ne has to do with whimsy, unless you're talking about free-association or a kind of randomness of speech and behavior.

They're often quite dexterous - I have two ESFP friends who have very good hands. That would make them ideal surgeons, no?
    If I wanted a hand-job, yes, just not surgery. But since you're talking about an "ideal" surgeon, I wouldn't want to be operated on by someone who is less than the ideal surgeon. Would you? Of course certain types are ideal for certain careers, in general. The MBTI was created based upon that very scenario. So when someone comes along and says that any type can belong to any career, that defeats the purpose of someone using the MBTI to make the ideal career choice. Because it's not the point to say that an ENFJ can be a program developer. We all know that reality doesn't always conform with theory. But reality isn't the ideal, where the ideal exists only in the mind.