User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    INTP

*sigh* Quelle domage. I guess I'll have to resign myself to Artisandom. At least they tend to be good musicians
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    INTP

About enneagram, I just found this rather interesting differentiation between the wings:

If you are the Enneagram Type 5 with the 4 Wing, you desire to appear imaginative. You see yourself as aloof, understated, penetrating, intuitive, inquisitive and quiet.

If you are the Enneagram Type 5 with the 6 Wing, you desire to appear intellectual. You see yourself as changeable, receptive, careful, whimsical and trustworthy.
    I think from that description, 5w6 suits much better. I'm not as cold as a lot of the profiles make 5s out to be though. It's rather imperfect
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    No, she didn't mention why. She asked if I knew about MBTI; I said I did, and that I was an INTP. She sort of raised her eyebrow and said nothing. We then started going through a list of stuff, and she randomly popped out with, "No, I don't think you're really INTP. I'm not getting that vibe." *shrug*

I have done lots and lots of reading on typology. I'm terrible at typing other people though. I've read all the profiles from lots of different sources and I do identify with INTP above any other. That may just be wishful thinking though
    I don't blame you for that kind of wishful thinking. But if you're having a difficult time sorting this issue out, then you're probably an INFP after all. It would be nice to know what some of your interests are.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTP

I really must refute INFP. I've read an awful lot of INFP profiles and they don't fit me at all

I don't think interests or hobbies have much to do with type, but here you go anyway: I love music - I play flute, piano, ukulele and tin-whistle, though I can pick up most instruments and bang out a tune or two easily enough (once you know a little of musical theory that sort of thing is very easy). I also like to read, to write (to a lesser extent), learn languages (I'm working on Swedish for fun), to knit (badly) and sew (even worse). When I was still in "high school" I was on the debating team for two years. I've also been rather enchanted by magic tricks since I was very young (I even put on a "magic show" once with my cousin) but I never had the patience to learn much sleight of hand. I study Computing Science in university, though I used to study liberal arts (Music and English) before college stomped all the interest out of me .
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I really must refute INFP. I've read an awful lot of INFP profiles and they don't fit me at all

I don't think interests or hobbies have much to do with type, but here you go anyway: I love music - I play flute, piano, ukulele and tin-whistle, though I can pick up most instruments and bang out a tune or two easily enough (once you know a little of musical theory that sort of thing is very easy). I also like to read, to write (to a lesser extent), learn languages (I'm working on Swedish for fun), to knit (badly) and sew (even worse). When I was still in "high school" I was on the debating team for two years. I've also been rather enchanted by magic tricks since I was very young (I even put on a "magic show" once with my cousin) but I never had the patience to learn much sleight of hand. I study Computing Science in university, though I used to study liberal arts (Music and English) before college stomped all the interest out of me .
    You are INFP.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I don't think interests or hobbies have much to do with type, but here you go anyway: I love music - I play flute, piano, ukulele and tin-whistle,...
    It is rather strange of you to say that interests or hobbies don't have much to do with type, they have as much to do with type as career choice.

http://personalityjunkie.com/2009/12...obs-interests/

On the Strong / Holland inventory, INFPs often exhibit “Artistic” and “Social” interests. Those interested in the “arts” may be drawn to music, theater / drama, visual arts, healing arts, graphic design, interior design, and the like. Others may opt to study creative writing, poetry, or literature, perhaps even at the graduate level. If combined with “Realistic” interests, those of the INFP personality type may choose to study landscape or traditional architecture, archeology, sculpting, software design, or environmental science.

INFPs possessing “Social” interests will often gravitate toward healthcare/medical professions, counseling, ministry, psychology, journalism, or potentially teaching. Since they tend to be more perceptive than directive, INFPs typically do better in one-to-one interaction than teaching large groups. If they do opt to teach, they will usually enjoy the role of facilitator rather than lecturer, believing in the value of organic and experiential learning.
    Those are examples of INFP interests, this doesn't say you have to be interested in all of them. It gives a general drift of interests toward those things you mentioned above, and away from things such as, oh, skydiving and auto mechanics.

You will learn that there is a strong correlation between interests and personality type.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm not really getting 5 for you, you don't seem to have issues with emotional repression and you don't seem detached in the 5 way... I think if you ARE INTP then a 5 score is pretty typical; but based on what I know of you perhaps you should see if type 9 fits you? Type 9 thinking types can come off being pretty feely, and that's the general feel I get from your posts. (in before I'm a terrible analyst because I use vibes >_>)
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTP

I did test as a 9 a year or two ago, but the description was vague and didn't really fit me. I wrote off enneagram as wishy-washy bullshit (a la astrology) for a good while based on that experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    It is rather strange of you to say that interests or hobbies don't have much to do with type, they have as much to do with type as career choice.

http://personalityjunkie.com/2009/12...obs-interests/

Those are examples of INFP interests, this doesn't say you have to be interested in all of them. It gives a general drift of interests toward those things you mentioned above, and away from things such as, oh, skydiving and auto mechanics.

You will learn that there is a strong correlation between interests and personality type.
    So INTPs can't be interested in the arts? What nonsense.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I did test as a 9 a year or two ago, but the description was vague and didn't really fit me. I wrote off enneagram as wishy-washy bullshit (a la astrology) for a good while based on that experience

So INTPs can't be interested in the arts? What nonsense.
    I didn't give any proof by negatives. You are INFP, and I'm not trying to DISPROVE intp there. Your stated interests point toward INFP. But there are common traits that can confuse the two. They both often have their heads in the clouds; they can drift from interest to interest; they are both thin-skinned types; they can be very argumentative. The INTP, on the other hand, doesn't typically go asking the advice of a counselor. And the INTP doesn't typically have a problem identifying with a type. On the contrary, the INFP and ENFP have the most difficulty identifying with a type.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I didn't give any proof by negatives. You are INFP, and I'm not trying to DISPROVE intp there. Your stated interests point toward INFP. But there are common traits that can confuse the two. They both often have their heads in the clouds; they can drift from interest to interest; they are both thin-skinned types; they can be very argumentative. The INTP, on the other hand, doesn't typically go asking the advice of a counselor. And the INTP doesn't typically have a problem identifying with a type. On the contrary, the INFP and ENFP have the most difficulty identifying with a type.
    I didn't go to the counselor because I wanted to - my parents forced me to go after dropping out of university. I also don't have any problem identifying with type; I merely started this thread to see if anyone else had doubts like the career woman did .

I still don't think that there's a strong enough correlation between interests/career and type to say I'm INFP over INTP based on my hobbies. I'd actually be inclined to lean toward ISTP if that were the case, but it's not.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe