User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 198

  1. #21
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Is this to mean that my previous alluring of strangers with cupcakes and koolaid is not devious NT trickery?



    How S of you to talk about vegetables.....
    No, my lovely ENFP fwend, it is not.

  2. #22
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    No, my lovely ENFP fwend, it is not.
    People talk about ENTPs being manipulative but they never specify how, but it's with something other than sweets? In what mysteries do these NTPs work then...

  3. #23
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    People talk about ENTPs being manipulative but they never specify how, but it's with something other than sweets? In what mysteries do these NTPs work then...
    We cannot tell you.

    It is a secret for us ENTPs to know.



    P.S. If you torture @JAVO, he will tell you.

  4. #24
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Torturing for the retrieval of information? This is another T/F test isn't it?

  5. #25
    Senior Member Oeufa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    COOKIES WERE OFFERED!!! FEED US COOKIES!!!!!!!

    :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

    The cookies were a lie /GLaDOS voice

    Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Torturing for the retrieval of information? This is another T/F test isn't it?
    I think torture may be against the NF creed. Just a thought.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

    And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

  6. #26
    Senior Member Oeufa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    698

    Default

    So I just took another cognitive function test - it gave me INTP

    extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21.8)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************** (32.1)
    good use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************************** (39.1)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (26.8)
    average use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.9)
    good use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************************** (41.1)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************* (21)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************** (27.8)
    average use

    So I guess I would order them thusly: Ti->Ne->Si->Te->Fi->Ni->Se=Fe

    I don't know that I necessary agree with it (I may not have entirely shed my INTP bias while answering ) but there it is anyway.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

    And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

  7. #27
    (blankpages) Xenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    836

    Default

    I don't put much faith on those function tests (especially when you know enough about functions to know which one each question is asking about, AND you already have a type in mind). I have noticed that often people test very low on their inferior function (so Ti-doms often, not always, test very low on Fe use). Just something I've come to observe, not a strict rule. You don't have any exceptionally low scores though.

    Have you had any reason to question the INTP type, aside from that career counsellor saying you don't "vibe" that way? What are alternate types have you considered? You said you don't relate much to Ni or Fi - is there a type besides INTP that's more plausible to you? If so, why? And what factors have led you to believe INTP is a better fit than these?

  8. #28
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    The cookies were a lie /GLaDOS voice



    I think torture may be against the NF creed. Just a thought.
    Pfft. Clearly you don't know many NFs then. I torture people out of a general sense of "this is hilarious."




    Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    So I just took another cognitive function test - it gave me INTP

    extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21.8)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************** (32.1)
    good use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************************** (39.1)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (26.8)
    average use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.9)
    good use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************************** (41.1)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************* (21)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************** (27.8)
    average use

    So I guess I would order them thusly: Ti->Ne->Si->Te->Fi->Ni->Se=Fe

    I don't know that I necessary agree with it (I may not have entirely shed my INTP bias while answering ) but there it is anyway.
    The fact that you didn't take this test in an unbiased manner suggests that you are not an INTP because being a detached unbiased robot is what they are all about. True story.

    Your evidence is weak.

    I say INFP or at least F of some sort.

    with :cookie:

    If you are going to taunt the audience with tales of cookies then I shall bring my own.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Oeufa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    I don't put much faith on those function tests (especially when you know enough about functions to know which one each question is asking about, AND you already have a type in mind). I have noticed that often people test very low on their inferior function (so Ti-doms often, not always, test very low on Fe use). Just something I've come to observe, not a strict rule. You don't have any exceptionally low scores though.
    Yeah that's the issue of being familiar with the theory. It's hard to be totally unbiased. The test I took was rather short as well, I'll see if I can hunt down a longer one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Have you had any reason to question the INTP type, aside from that career counsellor saying you don't "vibe" that way? What are alternate types have you considered? You said you don't relate much to Ni or Fi - is there a type besides INTP that's more plausible to you? If so, why? And what factors have led you to believe INTP is a better fit than these?
    Not really, I do associate very strongly with INTP. I'm just curious to see if anyone else doubts it. I haven't thought about typology in many months, and I got re-interested last week. When I remembered what the career counselor said, I wanted to know if anyone else doubted my INTPness (*snigger*).

    Any other type that seems plausible... ENTP maybe, though it depends on what definition of extroversion/introversion you're running with. If it's that Introverts get energy from solitude and Extroverts get energy from people, then I'm definitely I. I could possibly see myself typing as an SP either. I must reread all the profiles and see

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Pfft. Clearly you don't know many NFs then. I torture people out of a general sense of "this is hilarious."


    Maybe that's less of an NF thing and more of a sociopath thing


    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    The fact that you didn't take this test in an unbiased manner suggests that you are not an INTP because being a detached unbiased robot is what they are all about. True story.

    Your evidence is weak.

    I say INFP or at least F of some sort.

    with :cookie:

    If you are going to taunt the audience with tales of cookies then I shall bring my own.
    If you insult me with these NF tags again, I'm gonna eat all these cookies and there'll be none left for you

    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

    And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

  10. #30
    Senior Member Oeufa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    698

    Default

    I took that 72-question test on Humanmetrics and it gave me INTP again

    Introverted - 78
    Intuitive - 62
    Thinking - 25
    Perceiving - 33
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

    And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] Getting in tune with my INTPness...
    By danseen in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-20-2013, 06:54 AM
  2. [INTP] who is my INTP? (long)
    By lostlanguage in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-05-2012, 01:46 AM
  3. [ENFP] LL's observations on my husband, who is an INTP, from an ENFP perspective
    By Little Linguist in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 06-14-2012, 09:28 AM
  4. Is my Dad an INTJ or INTP?
    By Kenneth Almighty in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-05-2009, 03:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO