User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

Results 161 to 170 of 198

  1. #161
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Yes, but especially at the beginning of somebody's exploration of types and functions you have INTPs saying: "Hey, I'm not a robot, I have feelings and am nice to people, gotta be an INFP" and INFPs going "Hey, I am smart, read a lot and can use logic, gotta be INTP". It happens to the best of us.
    Fortunately we NTJs don't suffer from such confusion.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  2. #162
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Yes, but especially at the beginning of somebody's exploration of types and functions you have INTPs saying: "Hey, I'm not a robot, I have feelings and am nice to people, gotta be an INFP" and INFPs going "Hey, I am smart, read a lot and can use logic, gotta be INTP". It happens to the best of us.
    my boyfriend thought he was an intp at first...and still every once and awhile will say he thinks he might be but really...not even close..he couldn't be anything but infp
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  3. #163
    Senior Member Oeufa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I don't get what it is with all these INTPs identifying with INFPs, because after all, INTP is perhaps the most logical of all the types, the theoretically inclined Ti dominant abstract-minded systems analysts, so I would imagine the T/F difference should be bigger for INPs than any other type!
    Ah, but I am a lady-person, therefore I may have been socially conditioned to act more F-like than a man would be (for whom being a T is the norm).

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Yes, but especially at the beginning of somebody's exploration of types and functions you have INTPs saying: "Hey, I'm not a robot, I have feelings and am nice to people, gotta be an INFP" and INFPs going "Hey, I am smart, read a lot and can use logic, gotta be INTP". It happens to the best of us.
    Stereotypes ftw! :pac:

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i meant soft and feelery not a soft that was a typo haha but yeah soft sweet warm hugable whatever...you don't seem like a t
    I got what you meant . I read through my Keirsey book again last night and I really really don't think I'm an INFP. I'm flattered you think I'm warm though
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

    And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

  4. #164
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    A loud, vulgar INTP who is touch with a feeling function would be an ENTP....tertiary Fe. Also explains ambiversion.

  5. #165
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Fortunately we NTJs don't suffer from such confusion.
    LOL I've noticed this as well.

  6. #166
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    They're often quite dexterous - I have two ESFP friends who have very good hands. That would make them ideal surgeons, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    If I wanted a hand-job, yes, just not surgery.
    :yim_rolling_on_the_:yim_rolling_on_the_:yim_rolli ng_on_the_:yim_rolling_on_the_

    Oeufa,
    I can't believe you didn't see that coming; therefore, you must be an INFP.

    Edit: Just saw your video, and my impression was ISFP. You don't look like a Ti-dom at all.
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  7. #167
    Senior Member Oeufa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    A loud, vulgar INTP who is touch with a feeling function would be an ENTP....tertiary Fe. Also explains ambiversion.
    Makes sense to me

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Just saw your video, and my impression was ISFP. You don't look like a Ti-dom at all.
    You're pretty far off the mark there. I'm not ISFP. To be fair, I read through the ISFP descriptions in both of my books, and while ISFP is what I aspire to in many ways, it's not who I am.


    I also read through lots of INTP, INFP and ENTP descriptions (since those were reoccurring suggestions on this thread) and I think that both the INTP and ENTP descriptions match me fairly well. Much more so than INFP (dividing the world into "Good" and "Evil"? Not me at all ).
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

    And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

  8. #168
    (blankpages) Xenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    836

    Default

    Didn't watch the vid, but you are coming off as more of an extrovert in this thread. (Short, quick responses, laughing in people's faces, none of the long, drawn-out explanations or analyses that INTPs are often inclined to post in an argument)

    So, could be E, sure. Also, as @Marmie Dearest mentioned, ENTPs often seem ambiverted - not obviously introverted or extroverted. INTPs are more often quite clear introverts. So if you're sure you're an NP of some sort and are having trouble deciding on I/E, chances are you're E.

  9. #169
    Senior Member Oeufa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Dunno what to say to that really, makes me sound rather rude

    Fair point. I think I'll say xNTP for the moment though, as I do think my Ti is stronger than my Ne. I'll have to think about it some more
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

    And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

  10. #170
    (blankpages) Xenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    836

    Default

    Ah no, I didn't mean in it a bad way. You don't seem rude. I'm getting at...the way you seem to put your immediate reactions out there rather than processing them. If I were in your position, I'd be more inclined to step back, think about what people are saying for a while, and then write a rather long-winded post about why I disagree and why they might be getting a false impression. I might also anticipate some problems people may have with my own argument and try to deal with them ahead of time. It wouldn't feel right to me to just immediately go "Lolz no. Next!" and leave it at that. I'd be slower to respond but quite thorough if I did get around to it. (Granted, a lot of typing so far is based mainly on your vibe and you're not getting much detail, so maybe you're just responding in kind).

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] Getting in tune with my INTPness...
    By danseen in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-20-2013, 06:54 AM
  2. [INTP] who is my INTP? (long)
    By lostlanguage in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-05-2012, 01:46 AM
  3. [ENFP] LL's observations on my husband, who is an INTP, from an ENFP perspective
    By Little Linguist in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 06-14-2012, 09:28 AM
  4. Is my Dad an INTJ or INTP?
    By Kenneth Almighty in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-05-2009, 03:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO