User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Ahh - an INTP who lets his reason be overruled by feelings. Perhaps YOU are an F???
    I doubt a true INTP would allow a "nervous reaction" to set in
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Ahh - an INTP who lets his reason be overruled by feelings. Perhaps YOU are an F???
    I was actually speaking for everybody. As an analogy, do you react to movies as if the things you see in them are real? This is something we all do, and that's what makes them a successful form of media. It is a mistake to think that the intellect rules over all, especially for 5s, 1s sometimes, and INTP or INTJ types.

As someone in the anxiety triad, the enneagram teaches that I am ruled over by a certain feeling, anxiety. If I have a 4-wing, then envy is also a factor. This isn't news. And intellectualizing is a known defense mechanism of the 5. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectualization

But my critique here isn't being directed at myself. Maybe it's being redirected back at me, but it misses the target. The point is that there are two sides to the story (at least). And that those who criticize me for making an emotional assertion are being hypocritical intellectualizers who repress the existence of an emotional side and idealize themselves as being above all that.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    I doubt a true INTP would allow a "nervous reaction" to set in
    I see more of a type 6 than a 5w6 coming out in your posts.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

okay...so...you do come off as a soft and feelery to me but maybe you're an entp with good fe??
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP

Soft? Most of my friends in real-life describe me as a bit loud and vulgar (usually when I'm hyper though). I've been said to have no indoor voice when I'm excited about something
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I was actually speaking for everybody. As an analogy, do you react to movies as if the things you see in them are real? This is something we all do, and that's what makes them a successful form of media. It is a mistake to think that the intellect rules over all, especially for 5s, 1s sometimes, and INTP or INTJ types.

And that those who criticize me for making an emotional assertion are being hypocritical intellectualizers who repress the existence of an emotional side and idealize themselves as being above all that.
    I was being facetious, to a point. I see a real distinction between having feelings and acting on them. Yes, I may have emotional reactions to movies, but I don't then make choices and decisions based on those reactions, excepting perhaps whether to watch the sequel. Even in real-life situations, I can distinguish between how I feel about something, and what I have objectively determined to be the best course of action.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I was being facetious, to a point. I see a real distinction between having feelings and acting on them. Yes, I may have emotional reactions to movies, but I don't then make choices and decisions based on those reactions, excepting perhaps whether to watch the sequel. Even in real-life situations, I can distinguish between how I feel about something, and what I have objectively determined to be the best course of action.
    I'm not speaking to that, but to the reaction itself. You're just saying that decision-making rules over behavior, where the rational (objective) part knows the difference between a movie and reality. But All I'm saying is that the irrational part does not know the difference, and that we all have this.

Of course you know the difference between having feelings and acting on them. You would have to be a very small child not to know it. And I think for most of us, if we didn't know the difference then all hell would break loose. That part still exists, only it's been submerged. It hasn't matured.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I don't get what it is with all these INTPs identifying with INFPs, because after all, INTP is perhaps the most logical of all the types, the theoretically inclined Ti dominant abstract-minded systems analysts, so I would imagine the T/F difference should be bigger for INPs than any other type!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Yes, but especially at the beginning of somebody's exploration of types and functions you have INTPs saying: "Hey, I'm not a robot, I have feelings and am nice to people, gotta be an INFP" and INFPs going "Hey, I am smart, read a lot and can use logic, gotta be INTP". It happens to the best of us.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    Soft? Most of my friends in real-life describe me as a bit loud and vulgar (usually when I'm hyper though). I've been said to have no indoor voice when I'm excited about something
    i meant soft and feelery not a soft that was a typo haha but yeah soft sweet warm hugable whatever...you don't seem like a t
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison