User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    @op

When you think you have an intps abilities but score F on tests then the solution is most often entp. I've read your first posts before this thread became intp wonderland and I'ld concur with entp for you. Of course you could be a F-type as well but intp I'ld rule out for you. You sound too simpatico for that
    Very interesting, thank you.

I just made a (terrible) video, gonna upload it now. We'll see how this goes
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post

That's how you get a split between the intellectual and emotional. I know intellectually that each ESFP is a little different, and I'm sure some of them make fine surgeons. But my emotional, reactive side may not see things that way. So I can spout off in the forums all day about this higher Jungian perspective, but when confronted with reality the nervous reaction sets in. Yes they are all different - just don't let one near me with a scalpel.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Ah, so you couldn't find a real one.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I don't know any surgeons IRL. But from what I have heard my INFJ father was very good at sewing wounds and small surgery although he was "only" a general practitioner.
    My ISFP sister is a virologist and recently got her PhD in molecular biotechnology, even representing her university's research project on a European level on international conferences.

Both of them are manually gifted, something I would want in a surgeon. And both are really good at math and theoretical science as well.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I don't know any surgeons IRL. But from what I have heard my INFJ father was very good at sewing wounds and small surgery although he was "only" a general practitioner.
    My ISFP sister is a virologist and recently got her PhD in molecular biotechnology, even representing her university's research project on a European level on international conferences.

Both of them are manually gifted, something I would want in a surgeon. And both are really good at math and theoretical science as well.
    I was reading about Maschio (in that pic) when you posted that. "Maschio takes credit for many of The Todd’s most memorable features, including the now-famous banana hammock (Speedo) and the naming of his high-fives (Air Five! Self Five!)." Hah. I almost wish I had watched some Scrubs episodes.

So how do you know that your father was an INFJ and your sister is an ISFP?

My point is that the whole time we're intellectually discussing typology, the emotional, subconscious side of our psyches is working in the background to record all this information in terms of stereotypes.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post

So how do you know that your father was an INFJ and your sister is an ISFP?
    They did a test, agreed with the profile and fit it as far as I can judge that.
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

They did a test, agreed with the profile and fit it as far as I can judge that.
    Ok.

We know that the INFJ type is commonly quite gifted. But it doesn't explain why your ISFP sister has a PhD while an ISFP I know graduated high school with a 1.0 GPA.

MBTI
    INTP

Take your surgeon talk elsewhere

Video's rendering now. Should be ready to share in about 30 mins or so
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

My ENTP mum is a science teacher. She was a good role model for us when it comes to our attitude towards science. I wanted to become a biologist before I settled on languages (and still do a lot of science and engineering heavy translation jobs), my ISFP sister and ENTJ brother both studied biology like our mum. It's a family thing. And my sister has always been good at math (top of her class in calculus, used to help her friends with their math homework at college) and science, maybe in part because I did languages and humanities, we divided the world between us.

Anyway, she is good at what she does but prefers hands-on lab work to theory.
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    Take your surgeon talk elsewhere

Video's rendering now. Should be ready to share in about 30 mins or so
    Sorry, I was about to say we shouldn't hijack your thread. I'll definitely watch and comment your video when it is uploaded, I promise!
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari