User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Fi is highly personal ha obviousness anyway but! Being a fi user does not necessarily mean that you're all goey and emotional.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    To know who is the ESFP in the group is another question. But as a group thus far, I haven't known any who I would want as a surgeon in general. I have known one who I would want as my chef. But she can't drive a car, so I obviously wouldn't want her as my chauffeur. And there's probably a good reason why someone, an ESFP who is in her 40s, still refuses to learn how to drive, although she is intelligent enough. It doesn't take much intelligence to get a license and drive a car, as millions of people have demonstrated. But it does take a certain amount of ambition and courage the first time out. Imagine if you're an aspiring surgeon, facing your very first patient on the operating table whose life or at least future comfort is in your hands. Driving a car is nothing compared to that.
    So we're back to individual differences, as we should be. I certainly don't want an ESFP surgeon who is distracted or clumsy, nor an ESFP chauffeur who can't drive. That has nothing to do with their being ESFP, however, and everything to do with their lacking the necessary skills or abilities. I don't want a person of any type who isn't competent at the job. I'm not sure I would be comfortable with that aspiring surgeon facing his/her first patient, either, regardless of type, but I suppose someone has to be the first.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    So we're back to individual differences, as we should be. I certainly don't want an ESFP surgeon who is distracted or clumsy, nor an ESFP chauffeur who can't drive. That has nothing to do with their being ESFP, however, and everything to do with their lacking the necessary skills or abilities. I don't want a person of any type who isn't competent at the job. I'm not sure I would be comfortable with that aspiring surgeon facing his/her first patient, either, regardless of type, but I suppose someone has to be the first.
    Maybe they start out with a great deal of guidance. But if by some chance I found out that my surgeon was an ESFP, I would be like:

Oh... oh? OH!
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

On the Keirsey test I'm ESFP (on teh computer, I also relate mostly to his Artisan description) but I test INFP on most tests, because most tests are based on MBTI. On the official MBTI (which I paid like 60 bucks for) my first answer was INFP. On "functions tests" I've gotten INFJ, ISFP, even ENTP . I had one test suggest I'd be ISFJ even though my highest function was Fi.

I decided the best description I had ever read was the PTypes Exuberant ISFP (loosely based on Keirsey, but also with other theories combined) and I test Hedonist (SP) temperament on their web site. I also relate to something between ESFP and ISFP on the Best Fit Type web site.

I never would have typed myself as anything but an NF in the beginning because I was ignorant about functions, and what being a sensor meant.

Take all of this into account when trying to find your type. Those "functions tests" are only accurate when you actually understand what they're asking. For example, as a younger person, I over-estimated my Ni usage as dom rather than tertiary (which is why I got INFJ). It's really best to study Jungian functions and other personality theories before deciding on a type.

It should be a process, IMO. Also, you'll find that people who don't know you well may only see certain facets of your personality and not see you like in an every-day light and talk to you in depth, so they may see your "persona" versus your actual default type where you feel most comfortable. Also remember that many people have NO IDEA WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT.

I only feel comfortable at this point in my learning with surely typing people I know very well. I also trust someone who knows me well AND understands personality theory over anyone who only knows one or the other.

One of the primary things I kept in mind is that I'm ambiverted. Ambiverted in some theories tends to indicate either ENFP or ISFP for an Fi type, because INFPs are apparently quite introverted and ESFPs are more noticeably extroverted.

If you feel ambiverted I'd lean more toward ENTP than INFP for a "secondary" type for you. I also think your Fi and Fe are too low for you to be a feeling type. Even when type tests are not fully accurate, like those functions tests, I still think having low Fi AND low Fe means you're most probably a T type. Especially since INFP is Introverted Feeling Dominant.

Glycerine

I tried to answer the official test as accurately as possible and I got INTJ.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

If I wanted a hand-job, yes, just not surgery.
    Oh yes, I remember why you're not a good authority on type. This is just an absurd thing to say, it's insulting and typist. I mean it's fine to say you don't want an ESFP surgeon because they might be imprecise, but it's not okay to say they're best suited for jobs as hookers.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Let's see:
    * Start drinking casually
    * Get a job in PR
    * Join a gym
    * Join another gym
    * Find a partner who likes to go to the gym
    * Gym gym gym gym gym
    * Date someone named Jim
    * Slap into a SlimJim

Yeah.
    Best post in thread.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Oh yes, I remember why you're not a good authority on type. This is just an absurd thing to say, it's insulting and typist. I mean it's fine to say you don't want an ESFP surgeon because they might be imprecise, but it's not okay to say they're best suited for jobs as hookers.
    What??? Since she's an ESFP I figured she would be giving (handing) them out for free.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

What??? Since she's an ESFP I figured she would be giving (handing) them out for free.
    Yes, I suppose all young, dateless INTPs wish ESFPs would give them free hand jobs. I know what this is really about. Yep, yep, yeppers. Mmhmm. Yep yep yep.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Fi is highly personal ha obviousness anyway but! Being a fi user does not necessarily mean that you're all goey and emotional.
    GooFi? I know. I have an INFP friend, and when you meet him you'd think he was very cold and stand-offish. It's only when you get to know him very very well that you get all the INTENSE emotional stuff.

Take all of this into account when trying to find your type. Those "functions tests" are only accurate when you actually understand what they're asking. For example, as a younger person, I over-estimated my Ni usage as dom rather than tertiary (which is why I got INFJ). It's really best to study Jungian functions and other personality theories before deciding on a type.

It should be a process, IMO. Also, you'll find that people who don't know you well may only see certain facets of your personality and not see you like in an every-day light and talk to you in depth, so they may see your "persona" versus your actual default type where you feel most comfortable. Also remember that many people have NO IDEA WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT.
    Some of the questions are a little odd alright, but I think I answered it as well as I can. I should read up more on functions though - I only really have a basic working knowledge so far.

Indeed, which is why I find it very amusing that some people here insist I'm an INFP. I know I'm not

One of the primary things I kept in mind is that I'm ambiverted. Ambiverted in some theories tends to indicate either ENFP or ISFP for an Fi type, because INFPs are apparently quite introverted and ESFPs are more noticeably extroverted.

If you feel ambiverted I'd lean more toward ENTP than INFP for a "secondary" type for you. I also think your Fi and Fe are too low for you to be a feeling type. Even when type tests are not fully accurate, like those functions tests, I still think having low Fi AND low Fe means you're most probably a T type. Especially since INFP is Introverted Feeling Dominant.
    I've actually thought I may be ambiverted before, which is why I said I also associate with the ENTP type (though to a lesser degree than the INTP). We should combine MBTI and Enneagram - I'm INTPwENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    I tried to answer the official test as accurately as possible and I got INTJ.
    Oh
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons