• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is my INTP status in jeopardy?

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I count 4. 50 posts per page ;)

Nah, I'm fairly certain on xNTP. Still welcoming suggestions though (particularly enneagram - haven't had much enneagram input at all) :yes:. If someone could convince me I was ESFJ I'd be astounded :laugh:

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
cupcake avatar = ESFJ

It's in chapter 2 of the your typism 101. Or didn't you get your copy?

azulatheavatar

MBTI Type
INTp
I count 4. 50 posts per page ;)

Nah, I'm fairly certain on xNTP. Still welcoming suggestions though (particularly enneagram - haven't had much enneagram input at all) :yes:. If someone could convince me I was ESFJ I'd be astounded :laugh:
i was bored and stalked you a bit. you seem INTP in my honest opinion or at least the description of one and your functions fit the profile of INTP the most. but if you know you are an INTP and you just keep digging into it forever and ever even after you know the answer then isn't that trait alone INTP-like?

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
cupcake avatar = ESFJ

It's in chapter 2 of the your typism 101. Or didn't you get your copy?

No :ohmy: Those damn flaky SPs/NFs/NTs must have lost it in the post! :threaten:

i was bored and stalked you a bit. you seem INTP in my honest opinion or at least the description of one and your functions fit the profile of INTP the most. but if you know you are an INTP and you just keep digging into it forever and ever even after you know the answer then isn't that trait alone INTP-like?

Azula would make a terrible avatar. Electricity is an interesting form of fire-bending though :yes:

It's definitely P-like, not strictly INTP. I'm inclined to agree with you though.

azulatheavatar

MBTI Type
INTp
No :ohmy: Those damn flaky SPs/NFs/NTs must have lost it in the post! :threaten:

Azula would make a terrible avatar. Electricity is an interesting form of fire-bending though :yes:

It's definitely P-like, not strictly INTP. I'm inclined to agree with you though.
here is the thing with that. the whole P thing is where they are jumpy and go from project and project. the descriptions of ENFP/ENTP for example described them being very excited about things and tend to not finish. you though are beyond finished and stuck on this thing. that is i think the Ti still thinking and thinking on it and go over and over in circles where the ENTP/ENFP have Ne which is taking things in from the environment and seeing connections with intuition that way. so they are externally stimulated where you are internally and you come of as an "INFP" because of that with the whole Fi thing of finding who you are but once they know whom they are they stop thinking unlike you Ti dominant sir.

i agree with you on azula being a horrible avatar but it would be fun. :p

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

If electricity is a form of fire bending, then frost bending must be like water bending, since water and electricity are flowing entities bringing life to our bodies and fire and frost are energy in heat form. To harness these 4 elements at will would be a grand feat.

As far as Ps and endlessly investigating goes, I would say it could be Js that obsessively pursue a quest of discovery till closure is obtained, whereas Ps would be flexible and say they don't know the answer and that works because they do not need to decide on a conclusion.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
i agree with you on azula being a horrible avatar but it would be fun. :p

Funnily horrific? :laugh: She was pretty cracked by Season 4.

If electricity is a form of fire bending, then frost bending must be like water bending, since water and electricity are flowing entities bringing life to our bodies and fire and frost are energy in heat form. To harness these 4 elements at will would be a grand feat.

Water-benders often turn water into ice :yes:. Water-bending's special abilities also include healing and blood-bending. It's easily the most versatile of the 4 elements.

here is the thing with that. the whole P thing is where they are jumpy and go from project and project. the descriptions of ENFP/ENTP for example described them being very excited about things and tend to not finish. you though are beyond finished and stuck on this thing. that is i think the Ti still thinking and thinking on it and go over and over in circles where the ENTP/ENFP have Ne which is taking things in from the environment and seeing connections with intuition that way. so they are externally stimulated where you are internally and you come of as an "INFP" because of that with the whole Fi thing of finding who you are but once they know whom they are they stop thinking unlike you Ti dominant sir.

Not really... P is about not making concrete decisions without a lot of research. It's about keeping things open-ended and not closing doors - that sort of thing. Although, yes, Ps definitely have a habit of not finishing projects. I know I do :blush:

The two Fi-doms I know seem to be on an eternal quest to answer the question of Who Am I? So I wouldn't say they stop once they know, because they never know.

As far as Ps and endlessly investigating goes, I would say it could be Js that obsessively pursue a quest of discovery till closure is obtained, whereas Ps would be flexible and say they don't know the answer and that works because they do not need to decide on a conclusion.

That's another way of looking at it :yes:

azulatheavatar

MBTI Type
INTp
Not really... P is about not making concrete decisions without a lot of research. It's about keeping things open-ended and not closing doors - that sort of thing. Although, yes, Ps definitely have a habit of not finishing projects. I know I do

The two Fi-doms I know seem to be on an eternal quest to answer the question of Who Am I? So I wouldn't say they stop once they know, because they never know.
they would i assume at least stop at think okay i am an INFP so now let me go deeper into see what an INFP is. if so then you don't seem Fi to me because they try their best to narrow it down to where they are because they do want to know exactly who they are. i am not going by if they ever know reach their goal but more the way you go about it seems more Ti then Fi. you are using Ti more; looking at other possibilities. you say you are on XNTP so you are considering ENTP?

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Perhaps, perhaps.

I am considering ENTP alright. The main reason that I'm doubtful about it is that I get very very wearied by long bouts of social interaction. I do enjoy bouncing ideas off friends of mine, and I do get hyper in the company of people I'm quite familiar with (which does indicate E), but I also need a lot of alone time to just be with my thoughts. I hate going on walks, for instance, with other people because that's the best time I have to get completely lost in my own head.

azulatheavatar

MBTI Type
INTp
Perhaps, perhaps.

I am considering ENTP alright. The main reason that I'm doubtful about it is that I get very very wearied by long bouts of social interaction. I do enjoy bouncing ideas off friends of mine, and I do get hyper in the company of people I'm quite familiar with (which does indicate E), but I also need a lot of alone time to just be with my thoughts. I hate going on walks, for instance, with other people because that's the best time I have to get completely lost in my own head.
is it only with people you know well?

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah. I'm very reserved around new people unless I'm really forcing myself to be otherwise (which is rare). People usually have to make the effort with me first, rather than the other way round.

azulatheavatar

MBTI Type
INTp
Yeah. I'm very reserved around new people unless I'm really forcing myself to be otherwise (which is rare). People usually have to make the effort with me first, rather than the other way round.
then you come off as a clear introvert. if you are INTP then the whole "bounce ideas and being hyper around people you know" could be your Ne at work. i think this discussion can go on forever but to answer your question; no your INTP status is not in jeopardy at all. :)

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
It's nice to see that at least one person thinks so :laugh:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Tho what would speak against introvercy is making a 20 pages long thread forcing others to tell you what type you are (at least your indisiciveness on the matter at hand is a clear indicator for pness :))

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
It's 4 pages :tongue:. I'm not forcing anyone to post here and type me - they're doing it of their own accord because I am so very fascinating *hair flick*

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It's 4 pages :tongue:. I'm not forcing anyone to post here and type me - they're doing it of their own accord because I am so very fascinating *hair flick*

Dont tell me you have 500 posts visible per page ? I am already overstrained with 5 posts per page. In Germany americans would all go to jail for talking too much :D

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Took an instincts test: Sp>So>Sx. Not really surprised by that :laugh:. Now to see how I can reconcile this with the Enneagram to make some damn sense of the system.

Sexual ||||||||| 30%
Social ||||||||||||||| 50%
Self Preservation ||||||||||||||||||||| 70%

Dont tell me you have 500 posts visible per page ? I am already overstrained with 5 posts per page. In Germany americans would all go to jail for talking too much :D

I've 50 per page :yes:. Much more efficient.

I'm not American. I'm Irish (as in, born in Ireland to Irish parents, not that my great great great grand-uncle was from Kerry :laugh:). And I'm not THAT loud, only when I'm excited about something :tongue:

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
So I did a full reread of Please Understand Me II, cover to cover, and I can confirm I'm definitely one of Keirsey's Rationals. The section on the different types as children was perhaps the most telling. I didn't really identify with the Idealist or Artisan descriptions at all, but the NT descriptions may as well have been my biography :laugh:.

So, that leaves INTP or ENTP, since I'm definitely not a Judging type. I'm starting to lean towards eNTP, because I do have traits of both introversion and extroversion. Ultimately though, the distinction isn't really all that important between the two.

EDIT:

Just found this distinction:

PersonalityJunkie.com/entp/3/ said:
The difference between Ti in ENTPs versus INTPs is its place in the functional stack. For INTPs, it comes first, which makes them quicker to judge. They then use their auxiliary Ne to open up and further explore their initial judgment. In ENTPs, the order is reversed. They do not start with an initial judgment or presumption like INTPs.

INTP all the way :tongue: