• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me type this person please

Miss

MBTI Type
INFP
I apologize for my English in advance. If I make mistakes I'd appreciate if you'd point them out. Thanks.

I need help typing this person. It's a guy I've known for 2 years now and I can't pin down his type.
I'll try to describe him as best I can.

We've met in university and I found him interesting because he was an obvious loner like me and he dressed in all black.
It took me 4 months of very close contact to get through to him. Now we hang out all the time and I consider him my best friend. We share a lot of common geeky interests like video games, sci-fi and fantasy movies, novels etc.

He's definitely an introvert. And I believe he's intuitive. He lives inside his head and he daydreams a lot. We often discuss about daydreaming and dreams in general. It's just that I can't figure out if he's an NT or a traumatized, disappointed NF hiding behind hard logic and criticism.
He was born with a cleft lip which I think is what caused his lack of confidence that he's trying to hide. And it works mostly. People think he's overconfident. But they don't know him like I do. It's obvious to me that he's been through a lot. Not that he would ever talk about any of that. And I'm afraid to ask because it might make him feel weak and exposed, and he doesn't like that.
I like him a lot though I still haven't told him because I don't have a clue how he would react. And something tells me he likes me to but due to his insecurities I doubt he will ever say a thing. And then there's the fact that I'm his best friend and if we tried anything and it didn't work out between us, we might lose that friendship.
I wouldn't be surprised if he was more afraid of that than me.
He doesn't believe in god and he has a whole bunch of logical reasons to support his disbelief. He says that there is no reason to believe in god and that everything can be explained without his existence.
He even showed me some equation that was basically an analogy for why god is unnecessary. I don't remember all the details but basically he said having god around is like multiplying with one.

He also doesn't believe in marriage. He says it's just a piece of paper from the government that in reality doesn't change a god damn thing. Husband and wife are empty and useless titles according to him. As a girl I have my subjective view on marriage. Most girls have an idea of a dream wedding and I'm no exception, but I can't argue with his logic using personal beliefs. He would simply dismiss it as wrong and irrelevant.
He has a dark sense of humor and he likes jokes with wordplay. Most of his jokes are great. But some of them are too weird for anyone to understand and he doesn't even try to make them funny for others, as long as he's amused by them.

He comes of as rather serious in company of others. He doesn't like crowds and doesn't connect well with people if there's more than three of them in the group.
Like I said, he's very logical and he likes to present his theories and logical observations to a very few people that he's close to. He's a terrific listener. Even though he hates small talk and avoids people who try to engage him in small talk, he will listen to everything I have to say.
Even if he doesn't care at all he will listen to me and he will give me his honest opinion on the subject. I guess he knows I won't judge him no matter what he says.

Even around me he's usually calm and serious. Until you start talking about a subject that interest him. Then fire will light up in his eyes and you won't be able to stop him. He's good at breaking down problems and solving them. Which is why I come to him for advice. If he can't help he will say so. If he doesn't know something he will not pretend that he does.

He is also very quick to dismiss opinions of others and he frequently calls them idiots, shortsighted morons, bigots etc. He's very liberal and open minded. Especially considering the society we grew up in. We live in a very traditional country. For example, people here hate homosexuals. He doesn't care about them. He says how giving homosexuals equal rights wouldn't affect heterosexuals at all. Not giving them rights wouldn't make them go away and that ultimately what people do with their bodies and in their bedrooms is their business. And I agree with him completely. He's not an activist for them though. He honestly doesn't care if they get their rights or not. He just doesn't see a reason not to.
If he doesn't care about people he's insulting he won't even defend his insults. If he cares he will explain himself to the fullest extent. He even called me a fool a couple of times. But he apologized every time.

A lot of people think he's a cold and arrogant, but only because they don't know him as well as I do. I know he's a gentle soul. I know he likes animals. He's a cat person. And I know that deep down he's a very emotional person and that he cares deeply about people close to him. His smile gives that away. When he gets emotional it's impossible to hide it, though he doesn't jump around. He's never fully open with his feelings.
When he's excited about something his eyes sparkle and pretty soon a huge smile will cover his entire face.
He also likes robots and magnets. He told me his love for robots and magnets dates from his early childhood. He likes natural sciences. Physics and computer science especially.
He's very computer savvy and he's always willing to help me out if I have a problem with my computer. I'm not completely useless either, but his knowledge base about computers is extraordinary.
He's very metaphorical and he loves to create analogies. He's always excited when he comes up with a new analogy for something.

plastic

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I was thinking INTJ, as well. I haven't personally validated this, but maybe this video will help figure out what he's thinking.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
3rd for INTJ. The NFyness comes from tert Fi.

Miss

MBTI Type
INFP
If that is the case, he has unusually well developed Fi for an INTJ. Thank you for answers.

wildflower

definitely an intj

He is also very quick to dismiss opinions of others and he frequently calls them idiots, shortsighted morons, bigots etc. He's very liberal and open minded.

this made me laugh :)