• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

5w6 ISTP Vs. 5w4 INTP

S/N

• Total voters

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I see where Elfboy is coming from. As for TiNi, typically loops involve the tertiary reinforcing the perspective of the dominant, so TiNi would be something like Ni use in order to preserve the apparent truth of a logical construction or rule and I don't know if that's what we're seeing.

You don't think this kid could be using a perspective shift to preserve the apparent truth of a logical construction?

That's exactly the kind of thing I see as possibly happening when I hear the first minute of this:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not saying he's an Ni dom.

I'm saying his cognition could be heavily TiNi, the dominant loop of an ISTP.
I know. I guess my example wasn't so good.
Put Ni in the tertiary and, for Christ's sake, you don't think it would bring in a bit of chaos?!
Definitely. :horor:

The main reasons why I don't think he's an ISTP:
-He is not ''cool'' enough to be an XXSP
-He is crazy enough to be an XNXP
-The pattern of his eye movements indicates Ti+Si (I usually avoid mentioning this because it's a very controversial subject)

G

Ginkgo

I heavily considered ISTP, unless his Ni-ish attitude is just a mimic created by other functions or personal beliefs. He even has a video devoted to the box as opposed to outside the box. Could he have arrived at his thoughts on the matter through Ti,Ne,and Si? Possibly. On the other hand he seems to entertain far-out symbols with a kind of certainty...

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Oh so he's got a whole treasure trove of these videos? The plot thickens. Again, a lot of that was just unconstrained rambling. You're right in that he seems to almost be unable to eliminate possibilities as he encounters them; just taking website "facts" and considering them.

FWIW, [MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] thinks INTJ. Or ENFP. N dom at least, which isn't too psychotic considering the nature of the thoughts.

Your thoughts and your expression thereof in this video are much more Ni than INTP-ish. If you're Ne instead of Ni, then I'd say, you're ENFP. "Notes in a symphony"? Do INTPs even talk like that?

INTPs speak very much more precisely than you do, here.

Given your fascination with cosmology and focus on meaning and asking "why do we even exist in the first place?" I'd say you're INTJ.

For reference, I type others in terms of how they think, not "personality" or "behaviors". I'm saying "Ni" based on the qualities of your thinking, how you process information, not on your opinions. You're thinking in terms of dynamics, in terms of cause and effect. You're not thinking in terms of logic or definitions/classifications, which is what an INTP would do.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Oy vey, does the plot thicken...

I dunno... ENFP is off the list, imo...

But I think we're gunna need more information...

I just have to say, this magical thinking shit seems really Ni to me.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I by no means deny that he's heavy on iNtuition, it's just, how do you know that makes him an iNtuitive, and not someone engaging in a TiNi loop?

I can't say I know much about the loops.

G

Ginkgo

I know. I guess my example wasn't so good.

Definitely. :horor:

The main reasons why I don't think he's an ISTP:
-He is not ''cool'' enough to be an XXSP
-He is crazy enough to be an XNXP
-The pattern of his eye movements indicates Ti+Si (I usually avoid mentioning this because it's a very controversial subject)

You know, stereotypes do have a practicality in that people are more typical than not, but really?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You know, stereotypes do have a practicality in that people are more typical than not, but really?
There are actually a lot of concrete models that I base on to subjectively associate the words ''cool'' with Se and ''crazy'' with Ne, but I try to make it as simple as possible. I've seen a lot of people using complex analysis that lead them to the weirdest results. They end up nitpicking a function and ignoring others. More than often, they miss something.
Can a SP not be ''cool''? Yes.
Can a NP not be ''crazy''? Yes.
Essentially, those are just simple keywords to something much more complex. Believe it or not.
:greatscott::truthy:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I changed my mind. Now I don't know if he's ISTP or INTP. He's quite intriguing though.

G

Ginkgo

There are actually a lot of concrete models that I base on to subjectively associate the words ''cool'' with Se and ''crazy'' with Ne, but I try to make it as simple as possible. I've seen a lot of people using complex analysis that lead them to the weirdest results. They end up nitpicking a function and ignoring others. More than often, they miss something.
Can a SP not be ''cool''? Yes.
Can a NP not be ''crazy''? Yes.
Essentially, those are just simple keywords to something much more complex. Believe it or not.
:greatscott::truthy:

Dragon spangled dangle hammer. You me no we go lobster shimmy down now. Yes?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*smacks* Get back on topic!

So [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION], I heard you like mudkip.

I hate magikarps even more than mudkips! Snorelax has a pretty sexy 6 pack of jelly roles though.

KDude

Well, different individuals within a type certainly react to and use different functions differently, so, just because that is your reaction to Ni, doesn't mean it's gunna be his reaction to Ni....

At the end of the day though, the variation in SPs will revolve around Se, not Ni. And Ni will still weigh on things they're experiencing (Se), filling in the blanks of what isn't there. If it takes on a nutty or negative tone, it almost always has to do with the things they're least sure about. Extroverted Judgement. It might fill in a lot of blanks when it came to Fe or Te. Reading the intentions of certain people, value systems, and entire constructs. It makes them rebellious. I'm not sure what a Ti/Fi-Ni loop truly is, but I'm almost sure it's being hung up on shit they're actually experiencing and giving them stress.

Raptor's Ni is even further removed from what he's observing. He's working from a vacuum, his starting points aren't Se.. it isn't about things he's in touch with or any specific people he knows.. He's talking about sorcerors and Telsa. And alien takeovers. Or something. I don't know. They're abstract ideas, that aren't exactly tied into things in his environment. And he talks about it fluidly.

G

Ginkgo

I hate magikarps even more than mudkips! Snorelax has a pretty sexy 6 pack of jelly roles though.

Snorelax is sexy. I'm actually quite certain it has something to do with my mother complex.

Now raptorwizard, have you considered INTJ as your type?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Snorelax is sexy. I'm actually quite certain it has something to do with my mother complex.

Now raptorwizard, have you considered INTJ as your type?

I have, but somehow the thought makes me very uncomfortable...

KDude

I have, but somehow the thought makes me very uncomfortable...

Interesting. Uncomfortable because you might use Te? You don't seem uncomfortable with Ni at least. You might be a good candidate for the "mentor" thing they were talking about around here. Maybe one of the INTJs here could help you sort it out (or not).