• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

5w6 ISTP Vs. 5w4 INTP

S/N

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I have traits of both those types but if I had to pick one right now it would be 5w6 ISTP but could I also get a description for what a 5w4 INTP is because there is an outside chance I could be that. Here is a video of me and you can vote in the poll about whether I am 5w6 ISTP or 5w4 INTP, or you can just vote for whichever one you like more or are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Little bit hard to tell whether your nuttiness is coming from being a Ti dom who's an iNtuitive, or a Ti dom in a TiNi loop.

My instincts tell me it's the latter.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
5w6 INTP.

agreed, though I'm unsure of his wing
[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION]
you are too concerned with what could be/what is theoretically possible to be an SP. ISTPs are much more grounded and pragmatic. INTP 5w? Sp/??

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
TBH I think he's a 6.

How old are you Raptor? 14? It doesn't seem like you comprehend anything you're saying. It's like you're just reading from the back of INTJ123's self published novella.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
you are too concerned with what could be/what is theoretically possible to be an SP. ISTPs are much more grounded and pragmatic.

That's what I was thinking too, and I think it's a very reasonable argument.

But, honestly, you've got an Ni dom here saying, "Doesn't his nuttiness kinda point to Ni?"

Doesn't that mean anything to you people? You're really not gunna take advantage of this opportunity?

Not even a reasonable chance that he's an uberintroverted ISTP in a dominant introverted TiNi loop?

Ok, who am I kidding: I watched the video and thought INTP, but still, it's not Ni weirdness?

How about TiSi loop? :alttongue:

Si doesn't lead to the open-minded to the point that your brain is falling out syndrome, ime.

I think it makes you more close-minded, while Ni makes you more open-minded (to a fault sometimes).

I mean listen to the guy's other videos: he reads something on the internet and goes, "maybe that's true."

I mean, about retarded bullshit, like whether da Vinci was the reincarnation of the virgin Mary...

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's what I was thinking too, and I think it's a very reasonable argument.

But, honestly, you've got an Ni dom here saying, "Doesn't his nuttiness kinda point to Ni?"

Doesn't that mean anything to you people? You're really not gunna take advantage of this opportunity?

Not even a reasonable chance that he's an uberintroverted ISTP in a dominant introverted TiNi loop?

Ok, who am I kidding: I watched the video and thought INTP, but still, it's not Ni weirdness?
I think it is a weirdness that is more similar to INTP's weirdness than Kalach's weirdness. If that makes sense. More chaotic and less abstract.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION]
his Ne is SOOO obvious, not ISTP

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
ISTP 6w5 final answer.

Although really, I think the age factor may be the most important here. I still thought I could do telekinesis if I just focused hard enough, and visualized the manipulation of the electromagnetic field until I was 14.

Okay 16.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
TBH I think he's a 6.

How old are you Raptor? 14? It doesn't seem like you comprehend anything you're saying. It's like you're just reading from the back of INTJ123's self published novella.

KDude

I thought Ni nuttiness as well...

But I really can't see why he'd relish in it, if he was ISTP. Unless he's getting high. I said in another thread recently that the first thing when those type of thoughts come in.. or I hear them elsewhere... I want to do something as grounded as possible. I can't even use my intuition right now to come up with what I mean right now. Normal shit. Whatever gets me back "here".

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Definitely iNtuitive.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

But I really can't see why he'd relish in it, if he was ISTP. Unless he's getting high. I said in another thread recently that the first thing when those type of thoughts come in.. or I hear them elsewhere... I want to do something as grounded as possible. I can't even use my intuition right now to come up with what I mean right now. Normal shit. Whatever gets me back "here".

it's Ne, not Ni. he is fixated on possibilities and places tremendous importance in them whether or not they are actually true. Ni is focused on what is, what will be and frameworks that explain reality.
Edit: oh, never mind, I think you agree with me lol

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I think it is a weirdness that is more similar to INTP's weirdness than Kalach's weirdness. If that makes sense. More chaotic and less abstract.

I'm not saying he's an Ni dom.

I'm saying his cognition could be heavily TiNi, the dominant loop of an ISTP.

Put Ni in the tertiary and, for Christ's sake, you don't think it would bring in a bit of chaos?!

his Ne is SOOO obvious, not ISTP

his Ni is SOOO obvious, not INTP

ISTP 6w5 final answer.

Although really, I think the age factor may be the most important here. I still thought I could do telekinesis if I just focused hard enough, and visualized the manipulation of the electromagnetic field until I was 14.

Okay 16.

:whistling:

Definitely iNtuitive.

I by no means deny that he's heavy on iNtuition, it's just, how do you know that makes him an iNtuitive, and not someone engaging in a TiNi loop?

Well, different individuals within a type certainly react to and use different functions differently, so, just because that is your reaction to Ni, doesn't mean it's gunna be his reaction to Ni...

it's Ne, not Ni. he is fixated on possibilities and places tremendous importance in them whether or not they are actually true. Ni is focused on what is, what will be and frameworks that explain reality.

You need to go back and look up the definition of iNtuitive functions...

Both N functions are about possibilities, both S functions are about what is.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You need to go back and look up the definition of iNtuitive functions...

Both N functions are about possibilities, both S functions are about what is.

wrong
- Ni is also about what is, it deals with the mental models of how reality operates.
- also, Si is not about what is. Si is an internal standard of how things should be. it is a storehouse of internal standards by which reality is measured against, not what actually is.

essentially
Ne: what could be
Ni: what is, in the sense of how everything fits together in reality
Se: what is, tangibly speaking
Si: a standard by which what is is measured against

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I see where [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] is coming from. As for TiNi, typically loops involve the tertiary reinforcing the perspective of the dominant, so TiNi would be something like Ni use in order to preserve the apparent truth of a logical construction or rule and I don't know if that's what we're seeing.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

No, actually, you're wrong.

Have you spent even a second reading Jung?

- Ni is also about what is, it deals with the mental models of how reality operates.

It deals with possibilities.

Yes, it does try to narrow those down to that which is most likely/most likely to happen.

And that is, in some way, largely due to its two-sides-of-the-same-coin connection to Se.

Regardless, it's, as Jung said of the iNtuitive functions, about possibilities.

- also, Si is not about what is. Si is an internal standard of how things should be. it is a storehouse of internal standards by which reality is measured against, not what actually is.

Si is about one's internal reactions to what is.

It is not about possibilities.

It is about one concrete sensation.

That one concrete sensation is what is.

essentially
Ne: what could be
Ni: what is, in the sense of how everything fits together in reality
Se: what is, tangibly speaking
Si: a standard by which what is is measured against

Your definitions here are shit.

Se is the closest.

Si is pretty off.

Ni is only partially correct.

Ne is only partially correct.

I've never been in an argument (let alone a discussion, really) with you, but I have seen other people express their exasperation at being so, and embarking on that journey for the first time doesn't seem like my idea of continuing my otherwise pleasant Sunday afternoon/evening. You are simply wrong, though, in not understanding that N functions are about possibilities, and S functions are about what is. That is straight from Jung's mouth in 'Psychological Types'. Is there some truth you're pointing to in your definitions/arguments? Yes. But if you don't understand the fundamental truism that N functions are about possibilities and S functions are about what is, then you're on the wrong foot from the very get-go. If you have that proper footing, then you can properly understand how some of the stuff you ascribed to some of the perceiving function-attitudes does indeed fit into the bigger picture. Without that fundamental understanding, though, you will never properly understand the functions.

Last edited:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION]
clearly I've bothered you, whatever