• 5w4 INTP

12 80.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 6789 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Ooops. Damn those small cellphone displays!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    You didn't read very carefully; according to the test, his top functions 2 are in fact Ne and Ti.

I think IXTP is a given...
    If it doesn't even test for P or J, then how can you say that P is a given? Shouldn't it be INTX?

I don't know what happened to typing expertise these days. The video was good enough, so why test at all? It's like my doctor who wants me to have an expensive MRI done for a condition that is obvious to diagnose. There's just too much over-thinking going on here all the time, as in the Eric B post. This shouldn't be complicated at all.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    If it doesn't even test for P or J, then how can you say that P is a given? Shouldn't it be INTX?

I don't know what happened to typing expertise these days. The video was good enough, so why test at all? It's like my doctor who wants me to have an expensive MRI done for a condition that is obvious to diagnose. There's just too much over-thinking going on here all the time, as in the Eric B post. This shouldn't be complicated at all.
    Based on what I have gathered, you are definitely an IxTx correct, since you are pretty balanced on ISTP Vs. INTP (like me), but N is probably our natural state (how many ISTPs are into cosmology?). Your type also says TiNi, which would imply if you are intuitive that you could either be INTP(Ti) or INTJ(Ni), but INTP seems more likely since that is the balancing point between the 3 types mentioned. Maybe if you talked about your own personality, it would make things more clear for you, me, and for any other people in this ISTP/INTP/INTJ TiNi paradox. You could do that here or you could start a new thread entirely, but I would be very interested in how you might be an INTP with highly developed Ni. Thanks!

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Based on what I have gathered, you are definitely an IxTx correct, since you are pretty balanced on ISTP Vs. INTP (like me), but N is probably our natural state (how many ISTPs are into cosmology?). Your type also says TiNi, which would imply if you are intuitive that you could either be INTP(Ti) or INTJ(Ni), but INTP seems more likely since that is the balancing point between the 3 types mentioned. Maybe if you talked about your own personality, it would make things more clear for you, me, and for any other people in this ISTP/INTP/INTJ TiNi paradox. You could do that here or you could start a new thread entirely, but I would be very interested in how you might be an INTP with highly developed Ni. Thanks!
    The question is more like, How many ISTPs are into Kant? They are into things such as mechanics. (Of course someone will now dog me for months about how not all ISTPs are interested in things such as mechanics, and how some of them actually like philosophy.)

There have been many posts sent to these forums attempting to resolve type paradoxes. The tertiary type of the INTP is ISTJ. But that doesn't answer the Ni question of why it scores high on our tests. That would be an individual question, whereas cognitive functions are related to the collective (humanity) via the unconscious. I guess to put it simply, I'm into some Ni traits right now because of external life influences. The last time I went on vacation, for example, I scored higher on Fi.

So I wouldn't call it highly-developed Ni. I can write Gregg short-hand, if I want, but it's not a developed skill as I lack practice and my hands are short on muscular coordination.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Speaking of Ni being high on the list for no apparent reason, I just spotted this in a sig:

Fi>Ni>Fe>Si>Ne>Ti>Te>Se

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Well fellas it has been a long journey, but the Ti-Ni loop is too big to ignore. I am ISTP! Thanks for helping me piece this puzzle together for all who commented here and see this comment.

Now I just need some good links to ISTP descriptions. Please post them here if you see any. Anybody who does gets a reputation point from me. Thanks!

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Someone told me that I need to see a psychiatrist. Does anybody know of any good psychiatrists on Typology Central? If so, post a link to their channel page below this post. Any help wpuld be appreciated.

Someone told me that I need to see a psychiatrist. Does anybody know of any good psychiatrists on Typology Central? If so, post a link to their channel page below this post. Any help wpuld be appreciated.
    Why not look for one through yellow pages?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Well before I said ISTP... but now I change my mind! Someone told me to try to get back in touch with my Se, but I can't. Why you ask? Because it doesn't even exist on my list of cognitive functions. I am INTP like everyone pretty much voted with a well developed Ni! I could be INTJ or ISTP but INTP is the nalancing point between those types so I am picking INTP. Also Nikola Tesla was speculated for INTJ, but on the below forum, they decided he is INTP with well developed Ni (like me). I suppose some people break some of the rules of MBTI...
    http://intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=14202

Some pople though think he could be INTJ (I could be as well), so I am open for an argument for that type, But if nobody can convince me otherwise, I am sticking with 5w6 INTP like @Speed Gavroche said.
    Last edited by RaptorWizard; 05-11-2012 at 04:26 PM. Reason: i typed istp instead of intp by mistake

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I am sticking with 5w6 INTP like @Speed Gavroche said.
    Indeed, that's your type.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan