User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    358 so/sp

Default After 8 years, still not sure what my type is. Help?

First, some relevant aspects of my personality. I discuss what I think I am after that, but I want you to come to your own conclusions first. Thanks for the help!

- Enjoy meeting new people, always looking for a crowd.
    - I'm normally friendly and polite, but I'll definitely be tough if I think someone can take it
    - I walk fast all the time. If someone's with me, they can catch up. Getting stuck behind someone standing on an escalator makes me want to explode.
    - Love exercise and physical activity
    - Enjoy debate, strategy games, and public speaking
    - Dislike authority and restricted freedom. I have no problem breaking the rules.
    - Not good at expressing my internal beliefs when questioned. They make perfect sense in my head, but it's difficult to draw them forth.
    - As a teenager, I was a romantic idealist and overly critical of those closest to me. I've gotten better at going with the flow and am now quite a cynic.
    - Everything I do has to fit with my quest for personal fulfillment. I hate trivial or pointless tasks.
    - I try to budget my time, but procrastinate horribly. Physical space is well organized.
    - Very good sense of style and aesthetics in general
    - I thrive off creating new worlds, especially through fiction writing or video games. But ultimately, I'd rather live my own life than dream of someone else's.
    - I jump between several interests, but when one grabs me I'll pursue it obsessively
    - Shamelessly narcissistic (but not egoistic!)
    - Think before I talk. I'm a very judicious writer
    - Very comfortable with leading people, but I won't pursue leadership if everything is already going smoothly
    - Introspective
    - Love learning about how things work. Engineer by profession.
    - I have no reservations about manipulating people, though I'd rather come across as my authentic self
    - Good at picking up patterns
    - Dry sense of humor that often goes undetected. Sometimes witty / a smartass
    - I've been told I tend to talk in absolutes and am too afraid of being wrong

So we're looking at ENTP or ENTJ. I think I seem more ENTJ on paper, but I have a few serious reservations. First, the time management. I like being scheduled, but I always put fun before work. Maybe I just fail at Te? I use Ti quite a lot. Likewise, I identify more with Ne than Ni. Fe and Fi are about equal, though I think it's more likely that the apparent Fi is a result of other processes. Finally, I have a strong Se component. Si can drop off the face of the planet for all I care.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Perhaps you adapt well to your environment and don't need to be pigeonholed. That being said, you seem exhausting, so maybe you are an ENTJ/P. ;P

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Sounds more entp. I think entjs tend to romanticize themselves more and see themselves as a "white knight" who will save the world (through solving its problems).
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

- Enjoy meeting new people, always looking for a crowd. Pe
    - I'm normally friendly and polite, but I'll definitely be tough if I think someone can take it 8
    - I walk fast all the time. If someone's with me, they can catch up. Getting stuck behind someone standing on an escalator makes me want to explode. 3
    - Love exercise and physical activity Se
    - Enjoy debate, strategy games, and public speaking Ne
    - Dislike authority and restricted freedom. I have no problem breaking the rules. 8
    - Not good at expressing my internal beliefs when questioned. They make perfect sense in my head, but it's difficult to draw them forth. 3
    - As a teenager, I was a romantic idealist and overly critical of those closest to me. I've gotten better at going with the flow and am now quite a cynic. 4
    - Everything I do has to fit with my quest for personal fulfillment. I hate trivial or pointless tasks. 3
    - I try to budget my time, but procrastinate horribly. Physical space is well organized. 3
    - Very good sense of style and aesthetics in general Se
    - I thrive off creating new worlds, especially through fiction writing or video games. But ultimately, I'd rather live my own life than dream of someone else's. 3
    - I jump between several interests, but when one grabs me I'll pursue it obsessively Ne
    - Shamelessly narcissistic (but not egoistic!) 3
    - Think before I talk. I'm a very judicious writer Ti
    - Very comfortable with leading people, but I won't pursue leadership if everything is already going smoothly
    - Introspective 4 Ji
    - Love learning about how things work. Engineer by profession. Ne
    - I have no reservations about manipulating people, though I'd rather come across as my authentic self 3
    - Good at picking up patterns Ne
    - Dry sense of humor that often goes undetected. Sometimes witty / a smartass Ti
    - I've been told I tend to talk in absolutes and am too afraid of being wrong 1
    ENTP 3w4 sp/sx

Full tri-type: 3w4 > 8w9 > 5w6 sp/sx

MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    358 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    Perhaps you adapt well to your environment and don't need to be pigeonholed. That being said, you seem exhausting, so maybe you are an ENTJ/P. ;P
    Yeah, say no to labels! You're certainly right, my energy level is through the roof. Definitely agree with ENT_.

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Sounds more entp. I think entjs tend to romanticize themselves more and see themselves as a "white knight" who will save the world (through solving its problems).
    For sure. That's one reason for my confusion, though. I currently resemble an ENTP in many ways, but as a kid I couldn't stand the suffering other people went through while I had it so easy. The solution? Take over the world and force it to change Of course I now realize that's impossible, but I'll still help fix things to the best of my ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    ENTP 3w4 sp/sx

Full tri-type: 3w4 > 8w9 > 5w6 sp/sx
    ...wow. 100% spot on with the enneagram, including the instincts. Bravo. Does the fact that I've spent 24 hours straight trying to validate all this support ENTP or ENTJ? I didn't sleep last night, was too busy doing this.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by plastic View Post
    ...wow. 100% spot on with the enneagram, including the instincts. Bravo.
    What can I say? I'm just that good at typing

Does the fact that I've spent 24 hours straight trying to validate all this support ENTP or ENTJ? I didn't sleep last night, was too busy doing this.
    ENTP. Ne+Ti dominance drives your curiosity to know what it unknown, even at the cost of what may be considered efficient. A Te+Ni user would have just looked up the most credible source available, verified type, and gone to bed with his mind at ease.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I think entps often get a bad rap they don't deserve. I've only known one entj who was "dishonorable" if you will. He was not as indecisive as you seem to be maybe open minded is better wording. Very quick at wanting to categorize things. I think this gives Te types a sense of existential security.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I can't tell if I am ISTP, INTP, INTJ, or even ISTJ! I have seen arguments for all 4. Does anyone know of any good websites describing these types in detail?

MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    358 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I think entps often get a bad rap they don't deserve. I've only known one entj who was "dishonorable" if you will. He was not as indecisive as you seem to be maybe open minded is better wording. Very quick at wanting to categorize things. I think this gives Te types a sense of existential security.
    Hmm, bad rap for ENTPs? I get the opposite impression on personality sites: people see ENTPs as funny, friendly, and full of ideas, though certainly prone to evil or insanity. Meanwhile, ENTJs get a very one-dimensional treatment: they're all executives, and usually over-controlling + not very fun. They get the job done, but who wants to be friends with that?

That said, I used to see ENTJ as "the best." The possibility that I may not live up to that - be "dishonorable" as you say - was a big concern of mine. It caused a lot of bias when trying to determine my type. I was aware of the bias, but it remains a main reason for still not knowing what I am.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I mean dishonourable in the sense of having game lol. Which is why infj and entj tend to get along imo. Both tend towards chivalrous courtly love kind of relationships that I think most entps find naive