User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 38

  1. #1
    Senior Member Snow Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,335

    Default What's my girlfriend's Type?

    Right. I think my girlfriend is an ISFP based on my own knowledge, but I could be wrong due to wishful thinking (introversion and feeler). I gave her a function test the other day, and she came back with these results which just made me confused more than ever.

    Extroversion (55%) / Introversion (38%)
    Sensation (60%) / Intuition (33%)
    Thinking (69%) / Feeling (42%)

    Te (Extroverted Thinking) (58%)
    Ti (Introverted Thinking) (52%)
    Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (46%)
    Ni (Introverted Intuition) (40%)
    Se (Extroverted Sensing) (47%)
    Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (49%)
    Fi (Introverted Feeling) (47%)
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    based on your results your type is likely - estj
    I'm pretty sure she's a sensor. She also doesn't really do the whole planning ahead with her future, which makes me doubt her as an IXXJ type. For the most part, she views herself as being a person who makes logical and practical decisions (Te like, rather than Ti). I like to think of her as a person who gives a lot of freedom and is caring, but there are times where she can come across as blunt in her views of what is truth, especially when she's hurt or angered. For this reason, I don't think she's Fe auxillary or dominant.

  2. #2
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Well if she's an SFP she has Te and Fi, but it's interesting to me that she scored so high on both Thinking functions. I've never scored especially high on thinking functions.

    She probably also has Pe if she doesn't like to plan ahead a great deal, and I would seriously also doubt that Te is really her highest function if she's not a planner.

    I would guess ExFP, but she might be ISFP.

    There's really not enough information about her in truth. Has she ever even read about Jung or Keirsey or any of this?

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Well, little planning ahead for her future sounds like a lack of Ni, not both Ni and Si, so ISxJ could still work. Honestly though, that particular function test isn't all too great (although most of them are at besy mediocre).

    From what you have posted, Te, Fi, and Sx seem to be present, Perhaps ISTJ, INFP, ISFP, or ESFP? More information is needed.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Snow Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Well if she's an SFP she has Te and Fi, but it's interesting to me that she scored so high on both Thinking functions. I've never scored especially high on thinking functions.

    She probably also has Pe if she doesn't like to plan ahead a great deal, and I would seriously also doubt that Te is really her highest function if she's not a planner.

    I would guess ExFP, but she might be ISFP.

    There's really not enough information about her in truth. Has she ever even read about Jung or Keirsey or any of this?
    She hasn't read any of Jung or Keirsey's stuff. For the most part, she entertains me by doing these personality stuff that I show her, but I don't think there's any heavy interest in the system. She's not really fond of questions like "What do you value? Your weakness? Strengths?" given that she doesn't really have a strong grasp on her own self. I think she's an enneagram 9wX as well, since she has that anger element there (It comes out as blunt messages... even though she insists that she's just delivering the truth). One of the relationship arguments we have had in the past is how I'm unclear with my speech, and me complaining about the tone/mood in her choice of words.

    But I'm definitely positive she's not a high user of Ti (She doesn't do the whole if A=B, B=C, then A=C when sorting-collecting information) nor do I think she's an Fe user (She won't cater to someone's whims for social harmony purposes if she believes that the truth suggests otherwise.) For example: "I'm just telling you the honest truth. You suck at explaining things" where as I would deliver such a statement in a more tactful manner, that doesn't make people go on the defensive (in this situation: myself).

    Her lifestyle, she makes a lot of decisions on what she believes to be the logical choice. Granted, this might be more down to the fact that she doesn't believe herself to be illogical, so the whole feeling against thinking (logical) dichotomy could be creating a false image. But, as mentioned, for her actual lifestyle, she's not one to plan ahead. Whenever I ask her questions like "Where do you see us in a few months time, or several years time" it's usually met with the response "Dunno. I don't really think that far ahead.", When I ask her about stuff regarding her past or childhood, for example, do you remember any occasions where you were extremely upset? she'll usually respond that she can't remember.

    It could be that she's just not comfortable with telling me, but given my experience with how she deals with anger, I'm more inclined to think that she kind of lets these emotions and memories slide off her so to speak... it's better to just forget about the occasion and not make a huge fuss about it all. Although I do wonder whether things are ever resolved deep down within her. They must do somehow.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Snow Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Well, little planning ahead for her future sounds like a lack of Ni, not both Ni and Si, so ISxJ could still work. Honestly though, that particular function test isn't all too great (although most of them are at besy mediocre).

    From what you have posted, Te, Fi, and Sx seem to be present, Perhaps ISTJ, INFP, ISFP, or ESFP? More information is needed.
    Yeah. I'm inclined to think she has a reasonable amount of Fi, even though she's not really comfortable with all the questions such as "Who are you?" and hold no opinion/neutral opinions for most things. The reason I think she does have Fi in the background is because she appears to be influenced a fair amount by what she finds comfortable/uncomfortable in regards to doing stuff, food and well just general things in the environment. Could be her upbringing though, her parents treat her to the nicer things in life than what's found in my family. Now, I concluded that this is mostly all Se related stuff but other types can engage in this sort of thing as well.

    It's pretty hard to imagine her as an ISFJ (That'd mean she's the same as me...) nor do I really see her as an ISTJ. It doesn't however rule out ESTJ/ESFJ (Though the whole Te/Anti-Fe business would suggest she's not an FJ), meaning she could be ESTJ.

    Narrowed down things, it'd suggest she could either be ESTJ, ESFP, ISFP... (Pretty big massive freaking differences though...)
    On the E-I spectrum, she's sort of in the middle if we're using the whole basic idea of being around people or not. She's a lot more independent than I am. I chalked this down to her probably being an Sp/Sx individual. She's also probably an ennagram 9wX, followed by 6w5.

    Quote Originally Posted by Test in 2010
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************* (33.7)
    good use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************* (31.9)
    good use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************* (31.9)
    good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************** (20.6)
    limited use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************** (29.5)
    average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************** (20.5)
    limited use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************ (36)
    good use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.1)
    excellent use

    Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESFP
    You'll notice that a lot of her results stem from the fact that she's probably put middle-neutral answers to things. The first time she did this test, she scored ISFP. Based on these results, I would have figured ISFP as well. But, is it usual for ISFPs to utilise Te a lot?

  6. #6
    Senior Member UniqueMixture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    Maybe istp?
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    MBTI
    SEER
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I was going to say "hopefully you"

    From the first test your girlfriend is a strange type. She seems to be strong in nothing and weak in nothing. Even the two extremes Te and Ni might not be clearly different given the uncertainty of the test, but they are probably the two to work with if you are going to try to conclude anything from the totally inconclusive.

    Going by that a Te with weak Ni would probably be Te Si Ne Fi or ESTJ as the first test guesses. It is the only thing you could guess from the results.

    The second test again shows weak Ni and now also weak Ti. It also now shows the strongest two results as feelings. Going from this a feeling sensor type might seem sensible. The realistic options assuming the test is in some way accurate are: Fe Si Ne Ti (ESFJ), Se Fi Te Ni (ESFP). The others either make a strong function inferior (don't know her age but guessing she isn't that old) or a weak function tertiary.

    Though they can be fun to analyse, the tests most likely mean nothing. More about what she is like?

  8. #8
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nostradumas View Post
    I was going to say "hopefully you"
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  9. #9
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Yeah. I'm inclined to think she has a reasonable amount of Fi, even though she's not really comfortable with all the questions such as "Who are you?" and hold no opinion/neutral opinions for most things. The reason I think she does have Fi in the background is because she appears to be influenced a fair amount by what she finds comfortable/uncomfortable in regards to doing stuff, food and well just general things in the environment. Could be her upbringing though, her parents treat her to the nicer things in life than what's found in my family. Now, I concluded that this is mostly all Se related stuff but other types can engage in this sort of thing as well.

    It's pretty hard to imagine her as an ISFJ (That'd mean she's the same as me...) nor do I really see her as an ISTJ. It doesn't however rule out ESTJ/ESFJ (Though the whole Te/Anti-Fe business would suggest she's not an FJ), meaning she could be ESTJ.

    Narrowed down things, it'd suggest she could either be ESTJ, ESFP, ISFP... (Pretty big massive freaking differences though...)
    On the E-I spectrum, she's sort of in the middle if we're using the whole basic idea of being around people or not. She's a lot more independent than I am. I chalked this down to her probably being an Sp/Sx individual. She's also probably an ennagram 9wX, followed by 6w5.



    You'll notice that a lot of her results stem from the fact that she's probably put middle-neutral answers to things. The first time she did this test, she scored ISFP. Based on these results, I would have figured ISFP as well. But, is it usual for ISFPs to utilise Te a lot?
    I would say she's an ESFP.

    I think you may be stereotyping her as ISFP if she's not all loud and going to parties every weekend. ESFP seems highly likely with what you're saying. I mean, why would an Fi dom lack an ability to answer questions like "Who are you?" Fi doms eat that stuff up, it's intrapersonal intelligence. ISFPs also have more Ni, and what you're describing to me sounds like she's either an ESFP...I mean if you don't think she's an ISTP instead of ISFP.

  10. #10
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    estj sounds just fine. lack of planning past a 4-5 months period can very well be connected to a preference for Si vs Ni as creative function.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Similar Threads

  1. another what's my friend's type thread
    By prplchknz in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-18-2012, 02:15 PM
  2. What Is My Sister's Type?
    By FallaciaSonata in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 09:37 PM
  3. What's My Brother's Type?
    By Glycerine in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-24-2008, 07:16 AM
  4. What's my Niece's type?
    By thinknlarge in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 06:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO