• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my girlfriend's Type?

Snow Turtle

Right. I think my girlfriend is an ISFP based on my own knowledge, but I could be wrong due to wishful thinking (introversion and feeler). I gave her a function test the other day, and she came back with these results which just made me confused more than ever.

Extroversion (55%) / Introversion (38%)
Sensation (60%) / Intuition (33%)
Thinking (69%) / Feeling (42%)

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (58%)
Ti (Introverted Thinking) (52%)
Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (46%)
Ni (Introverted Intuition) (40%)
Se (Extroverted Sensing) (47%)
Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (49%)
Fi (Introverted Feeling) (47%)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - estj

I'm pretty sure she's a sensor. She also doesn't really do the whole planning ahead with her future, which makes me doubt her as an IXXJ type. For the most part, she views herself as being a person who makes logical and practical decisions (Te like, rather than Ti). I like to think of her as a person who gives a lot of freedom and is caring, but there are times where she can come across as blunt in her views of what is truth, especially when she's hurt or angered. For this reason, I don't think she's Fe auxillary or dominant.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well if she's an SFP she has Te and Fi, but it's interesting to me that she scored so high on both Thinking functions. I've never scored especially high on thinking functions.

She probably also has Pe if she doesn't like to plan ahead a great deal, and I would seriously also doubt that Te is really her highest function if she's not a planner.

I would guess ExFP, but she might be ISFP.

There's really not enough information about her in truth. Has she ever even read about Jung or Keirsey or any of this?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, little planning ahead for her future sounds like a lack of Ni, not both Ni and Si, so ISxJ could still work. Honestly though, that particular function test isn't all too great (although most of them are at besy mediocre).

From what you have posted, Te, Fi, and Sx seem to be present, Perhaps ISTJ, INFP, ISFP, or ESFP? More information is needed.

Snow Turtle

Well if she's an SFP she has Te and Fi, but it's interesting to me that she scored so high on both Thinking functions. I've never scored especially high on thinking functions.

She probably also has Pe if she doesn't like to plan ahead a great deal, and I would seriously also doubt that Te is really her highest function if she's not a planner.

I would guess ExFP, but she might be ISFP.

There's really not enough information about her in truth. Has she ever even read about Jung or Keirsey or any of this?

She hasn't read any of Jung or Keirsey's stuff. For the most part, she entertains me by doing these personality stuff that I show her, but I don't think there's any heavy interest in the system. She's not really fond of questions like "What do you value? Your weakness? Strengths?" given that she doesn't really have a strong grasp on her own self. I think she's an enneagram 9wX as well, since she has that anger element there (It comes out as blunt messages... even though she insists that she's just delivering the truth). One of the relationship arguments we have had in the past is how I'm unclear with my speech, and me complaining about the tone/mood in her choice of words.

But I'm definitely positive she's not a high user of Ti (She doesn't do the whole if A=B, B=C, then A=C when sorting-collecting information) nor do I think she's an Fe user (She won't cater to someone's whims for social harmony purposes if she believes that the truth suggests otherwise.) For example: "I'm just telling you the honest truth. You suck at explaining things" where as I would deliver such a statement in a more tactful manner, that doesn't make people go on the defensive (in this situation: myself).

Her lifestyle, she makes a lot of decisions on what she believes to be the logical choice. Granted, this might be more down to the fact that she doesn't believe herself to be illogical, so the whole feeling against thinking (logical) dichotomy could be creating a false image. But, as mentioned, for her actual lifestyle, she's not one to plan ahead. Whenever I ask her questions like "Where do you see us in a few months time, or several years time" it's usually met with the response "Dunno. I don't really think that far ahead.", When I ask her about stuff regarding her past or childhood, for example, do you remember any occasions where you were extremely upset? she'll usually respond that she can't remember.

It could be that she's just not comfortable with telling me, but given my experience with how she deals with anger, I'm more inclined to think that she kind of lets these emotions and memories slide off her so to speak... it's better to just forget about the occasion and not make a huge fuss about it all. Although I do wonder whether things are ever resolved deep down within her. They must do somehow.

Snow Turtle

Well, little planning ahead for her future sounds like a lack of Ni, not both Ni and Si, so ISxJ could still work. Honestly though, that particular function test isn't all too great (although most of them are at besy mediocre).

From what you have posted, Te, Fi, and Sx seem to be present, Perhaps ISTJ, INFP, ISFP, or ESFP? More information is needed.

Yeah. I'm inclined to think she has a reasonable amount of Fi, even though she's not really comfortable with all the questions such as "Who are you?" and hold no opinion/neutral opinions for most things. The reason I think she does have Fi in the background is because she appears to be influenced a fair amount by what she finds comfortable/uncomfortable in regards to doing stuff, food and well just general things in the environment. Could be her upbringing though, her parents treat her to the nicer things in life than what's found in my family. Now, I concluded that this is mostly all Se related stuff but other types can engage in this sort of thing as well.

It's pretty hard to imagine her as an ISFJ (That'd mean she's the same as me...) nor do I really see her as an ISTJ. It doesn't however rule out ESTJ/ESFJ (Though the whole Te/Anti-Fe business would suggest she's not an FJ), meaning she could be ESTJ.

Narrowed down things, it'd suggest she could either be ESTJ, ESFP, ISFP... (Pretty big massive freaking differences though...)
On the E-I spectrum, she's sort of in the middle if we're using the whole basic idea of being around people or not. She's a lot more independent than I am. I chalked this down to her probably being an Sp/Sx individual. She's also probably an ennagram 9wX, followed by 6w5.

Test in 2010 said:
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************* (33.7)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************* (31.9)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************* (31.9)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************** (20.6)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************** (29.5)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************** (20.5)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************ (36)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.1)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESFP

You'll notice that a lot of her results stem from the fact that she's probably put middle-neutral answers to things. The first time she did this test, she scored ISFP. Based on these results, I would have figured ISFP as well. But, is it usual for ISFPs to utilise Te a lot?

Nostradumas

MBTI Type
SEER
I was going to say "hopefully you" ;)

From the first test your girlfriend is a strange type. She seems to be strong in nothing and weak in nothing. Even the two extremes Te and Ni might not be clearly different given the uncertainty of the test, but they are probably the two to work with if you are going to try to conclude anything from the totally inconclusive.

Going by that a Te with weak Ni would probably be Te Si Ne Fi or ESTJ as the first test guesses. It is the only thing you could guess from the results.

The second test again shows weak Ni and now also weak Ti. It also now shows the strongest two results as feelings. Going from this a feeling sensor type might seem sensible. The realistic options assuming the test is in some way accurate are: Fe Si Ne Ti (ESFJ), Se Fi Te Ni (ESFP). The others either make a strong function inferior (don't know her age but guessing she isn't that old) or a weak function tertiary.

Though they can be fun to analyse, the tests most likely mean nothing. More about what she is like?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah. I'm inclined to think she has a reasonable amount of Fi, even though she's not really comfortable with all the questions such as "Who are you?" and hold no opinion/neutral opinions for most things. The reason I think she does have Fi in the background is because she appears to be influenced a fair amount by what she finds comfortable/uncomfortable in regards to doing stuff, food and well just general things in the environment. Could be her upbringing though, her parents treat her to the nicer things in life than what's found in my family. Now, I concluded that this is mostly all Se related stuff but other types can engage in this sort of thing as well.

It's pretty hard to imagine her as an ISFJ (That'd mean she's the same as me...) nor do I really see her as an ISTJ. It doesn't however rule out ESTJ/ESFJ (Though the whole Te/Anti-Fe business would suggest she's not an FJ), meaning she could be ESTJ.

Narrowed down things, it'd suggest she could either be ESTJ, ESFP, ISFP... (Pretty big massive freaking differences though...)
On the E-I spectrum, she's sort of in the middle if we're using the whole basic idea of being around people or not. She's a lot more independent than I am. I chalked this down to her probably being an Sp/Sx individual. She's also probably an ennagram 9wX, followed by 6w5.

You'll notice that a lot of her results stem from the fact that she's probably put middle-neutral answers to things. The first time she did this test, she scored ISFP. Based on these results, I would have figured ISFP as well. But, is it usual for ISFPs to utilise Te a lot?

I would say she's an ESFP.

I think you may be stereotyping her as ISFP if she's not all loud and going to parties every weekend. ESFP seems highly likely with what you're saying. I mean, why would an Fi dom lack an ability to answer questions like "Who are you?" Fi doms eat that stuff up, it's intrapersonal intelligence. ISFPs also have more Ni, and what you're describing to me sounds like she's either an ESFP...I mean if you don't think she's an ISTP instead of ISFP.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
estj sounds just fine. lack of planning past a 4-5 months period can very well be connected to a preference for Si vs Ni as creative function.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=306]Kai[/MENTION]

I'm going to go with ESFP on this one; Se, Fi, and Te seem to be present, and no other type really fits better than this one given the information that you have presented.

Snow Turtle

I'm going to go with ESFP on this one; Se, Fi, and Te seem to be present, and no other type really fits better than this one given the information that you have presented.

I would say she's an ESFP.

I think you may be stereotyping her as ISFP if she's not all loud and going to parties every weekend. ESFP seems highly likely with what you're saying. I mean, why would an Fi dom lack an ability to answer questions like "Who are you?" Fi doms eat that stuff up, it's intrapersonal intelligence. ISFPs also have more Ni, and what you're describing to me sounds like she's either an ESFP...I mean if you don't think she's an ISTP instead of ISFP.

Yeah. I'll have to give ESFP some real thought and look more into what they really are like. Think I had a stereotypical image of ESFPs in my mind, and she seemed pretty different to my other friend who I know is definitely an ESFP. My other friend, fits the common profile of the individual with an abundant amount of friends (with a few close friends), where as my partner is more content with her smaller group of close friends-family and a relatively inactive lifestyle. While my ESFP friend is much more expressive generally, my girlfriend is much more reserved in her emotional expressions. It can sometimes come across as cold, compared to my often silly-like but open display of affection. ^^'

There have been times where I've wondered whether she's a T based on her expressiveness. In that sense, based on the basic four letters, she'll look like she's ISTP, but she doesn't really use Ti in my eyes. She doesn't have that drive or dedication to dig deeper into mechanics behind a system. Most stuff is more of a general interest to her. Even though I've been with her for nearly two years, I can't really say that she has a strong hobby, the best I can say is that she likes to be in a positive and comfortable environment which usually involves being around people.

Otherwise Marmie, I totally agree with you with regards to the whole Fi and the common idea of interpersonal intelligence. She has her values, it's just a lot more hidden than what I would have expected. Then again, I noticed than another ISFP e9 mentioned the same thing. I get this impression that 9s often struggle with questions such as "Who are you?" because of their adaptive function.

Personality Cafe said:
Hi! I'm jumping in to agree as an ISFP 9. I don't spend time thinking about or naming my values. In fact, I have a really hard time understaning any sort of justice system, even an individual-internal one. I consider myself well-meaning and strongly convicted, but not principled. (That's where the inconsistent and wishy-washy Fi thing comes in a little for me. It's getting better as my Ni gets better and I understand my own patterns. Buuuut.) I like to keep things flexible, just see what happens as it happens-- I'm scared that making premature judgements will not allow me to understand/ judge the full picture as it deserves to be judged. Not sure if that helps any... your friend does remind me of myself a bit, just from that description

Let me think it through as well.

ISTP - Can appear like this on superficial typing.
ISFP - Would have believed her to be this. Though I probably was biased.
ESTP - Lack of Ti is a problem.
ESFP - Possible candidate now.

ISFJ - Nope. She's totally different to me and another ISFJ I know.
ISTJ - Possible, but would have figured she's more into planning her future if so.
ESFJ - Unlikely (Her mum is an ESFJ so would be an influencing factor)
ESTJ - If she's this... I was so wrong in my first impressions. She doesn't really have the whole drive factor that I'd expect in an ESJ type though.

Thanks for all the feedback people. Think I might be nearing the end of this mystery.

I was going to say "hopefully you" ;)

Haha. Nice. I totally didn't see that, Oh jezz... Can be so blind at times. ^^'

(don't know her age but guessing she isn't that old)

She turned 22 recently.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
how old is she? life circumstances? I wonder if she has a big focus on her tertiary right now

Snow Turtle

how old is she? life circumstances? I wonder if she has a big focus on her tertiary right now

Recently graduated from university but hasn't really decided what she'd like to do in terms of a career. Casually thinking about potential options?
It seems to be a bit of an uncomfortable subject since she feels like other people have mapped out their future, while she's still uncertain about what she truly wants. Sometimes I offer to help her figure out this sort of stuff (figuring out what motivates herself) but I don't push it too much, otherwise it's just unnecessary pressure that will cause her to stress out. I don't like watching her get upset. *shrugs*

Given how I often cite tertiary temptation as a reason that I appear to be underdeveloped in terms of Fe, I'm surprised I haven't considered that she went through the same process as well. An ESFP with tertiary temptation is much more likely than an ISFP who utilises a large amount of Te right? Even when the times Te is most apparent is during arguments (so used in a negative sense)...

I chalked it down to this thread. The Form of the Inferior - IFP
It's too bad they don't have one for ESFP/ESTPs... >____<

Edit: Haha. Just saw that it came from TypeC.
Awesome. There is an ESP one.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Okay, well I can tell you that as someone with very developed Fi (and probably an Fi dom, though I could be an Fi aux, maybe, in some personality theory systems) even as a teenager I loved questions that had to do with developing my self and exploring my personality and internal motivations. I score very high on intrapersonal on multiple intelligences tests. I would think this is the norm for Fi types, though in an ExFP it is definitely possible to have under-developed Fi due to neglecting the aux function and relying too much on the tertiary.

I also can come across as cold sometimes, and other times I come across as almost explosively and dramatically emo. I'm a 6 rather than a 9, though.

If she has "general interests" in a comfortable environment around people, then Pe dom is very possible. I also see why you think she's a 9. They can have an underdeveloped sense of themselves without others and focus more on comfort and escape than anything.

The reason you hesitate to type your gf as ESFP is the same reason I've hesitated to type myself as ESFP rather than ISFP.

However, you may be right about her being ISFP rather than ESFP. Some ISFPs are *too comfortable* and lack drive and initiative because of rejection of inferior Te. Your gf very well may be ISFP, it just sounds strange that she doesn't like things that sound like very Fi strengths.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Also, I can tell that I had an ISTJ in my life who would ask "pushing" questions sometimes at the wrong time. I actually need SJs in my life to do this to a certain extent, but like for example, when I was already upset or overwhelmed by a situation, I guess he would get upset too, and be like "what are you going to do? You have to do this. You need to do xyz" and be really ...um...strict? ...about it. At like 11 o clock at night. I realize he was doing it because he cared about me, but you're never going to motivate an Fi dom when they are upset or overwhelmed like that. It doesn't make any sense.

Prodding your xSFP gf is a good idea, actually, it's probably good for her, but make sure you do it at the right time. As an ISFJ, though, you're probably more likely to do it at the "right" time.

Snow Turtle

Okay, well I can tell you that as someone with very developed Fi (and probably an Fi dom, though I could be an Fi aux, maybe, in some personality theory systems) even as a teenager I loved questions that had to do with developing my self and exploring my personality and internal motivations. I score very high on intrapersonal on multiple intelligences tests. I would think this is the norm for Fi types, though in an ExFP it is definitely possible to have under-developed Fi due to neglecting the aux function and relying too much on the tertiary.

Pretty much. I'd normally associate Fi with a knowing of self-values and so forth. Perhaps it's the way I'm delivering these stuff. Even though she has her own sense of values, she might not appreciate me 'digging (sp/sx -> sp/so)' into her life so to speak. We've joked before about how I came across "Must find out more about you :D" sort of person.. I've contemplated about the idea that this might make her uncomfortable (I know it did in the past) that'd make her clam up. She doesn't like being put in the spotlight. Actually thinking about something else, she has mentioned several times over the course of our relationship that she sometimes has trouble putting her thoughts-feelings into words, especially if the subject matter is complicated or important. Something like self-identity would fall under that category.

Interestingly enough, there have been so many times I've asked her before what she's thinking about to which I'd usually get the reply "Nothing". But recently she's mentioned that, when she's not doing much at all, she's actually thinking about these alternative scenarios that could have occurred "What if that thing hit the glass, I'd need to hide my head." after she asked me a weird question of whether covering the head is an evolved trait. Evidently, she deems most of these random thoughts as not really important and conversation-worthy, but it did give me insight to what she's truly thinking about when she says "nothing/nothing important".

Edit: When I think about it, her having no interest in this stuff is ridiculous given that she studied psychology at undergraduate level. It'd be more accurate to say that she's just got other stuff she's more interested in (cooking, drama series, online games) basically stuff to do as opposed to purely thinking about stuff, at least not in the way I analyse myself. It's a lot more heavy I guess?

If she has "general interests" in a comfortable environment around people, then Pe dom is very possible. I also see why you think she's a 9. They can have an underdeveloped sense of themselves without others and focus more on comfort and escape than anything.

The reason you hesitate to type your gf as ESFP is the same reason I've hesitated to type myself as ESFP rather than ISFP.

However, you may be right about her being ISFP rather than ESFP. Some ISFPs are *too comfortable* and lack drive and initiative because of rejection of inferior Te. Your gf very well may be ISFP, it just sounds strange that she doesn't like things that sound like very Fi strengths.

If I were to use the basic idea of Shame, Fear, Anger as a way to categorise. I come up with 9 as the most likely enneagram type for her, given that while she's mostly a caring-empathetic individual. She can become irritated if she thinks people are intentionally being stupid and so forth. She did score 6 in another test, but when I asked her about anxiety and fear... she didn't really relate to it at all. I think 6s in general are the type of people who want to collect as much information about themselves and others. I know what you mean about personality tests since I'm a 6 as well.

2 5 2 2 6 5 5 2 7 were the numbers she scored in this test.

But yeah, not entirely sure about the whole prodding business, but I do know that she'd like me to take more charge in stuff when it comes to organizing stuff to do. Her values are actually pretty traditional when it comes to romance. Part of me wonders whether it's just her being quiet about it, and not wanting to come across as imposing. While this isn't related to type, I'm just wondering how much outside factors such as family upbringing (ESFJ mother) and the fact that she's the oldest of 3 would basically make her adopt the more "I need to be practical, organised and neat" approach even if it's not her natural thing.

PS. Apologies for the long answers and stuff. I just constantly feel like I need to be as comprehensive as possible when providing information, to the extent that it might be overkill.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Pretty much. I'd normally associate Fi with a knowing of self-values and so forth. Perhaps it's the way I'm delivering these stuff. Even though she has her own sense of values, she might not appreciate me 'digging (sp/sx -> sp/so)' into her life so to speak. We've joked before about how I came across "Must find out more about you :D" sort of person.. I've contemplated about the idea that this might make her uncomfortable (I know it did in the past) that'd make her clam up. She doesn't like being put in the spotlight. Actually thinking about something else, she has mentioned several times over the course of our relationship that she sometimes has trouble putting her thoughts-feelings into words, especially if the subject matter is complicated or important. Something like self-identity would fall under that category.

Interestingly enough, there have been so many times I've asked her before what she's thinking about to which I'd usually get the reply "Nothing". But recently she's mentioned that, when she's not doing much at all, she's actually thinking about these alternative scenarios that could have occurred "What if that thing hit the glass, I'd need to hide my head." after she asked me a weird question of whether covering the head is an evolved trait. Evidently, she deems most of these random thoughts as not really important and conversation-worthy, but it did give me insight to what she's truly thinking about when she says "nothing/nothing important".

If I were to use the basic idea of Shame, Fear, Anger as a way to categorise. I come up with 9 as the most likely enneagram type for her, given that while she's mostly a caring-empathetic individual. She can become irritated if she thinks people are intentionally being stupid and so forth. She did score 6 in another test, but when I asked her about anxiety and fear... she didn't really relate to it at all. I think 6s in general are the type of people who want to collect as much information about themselves and others. I know what you mean about personality tests since I'm a 6 as well.

2 5 2 2 6 5 5 2 7 were the numbers she scored in this test.

But yeah, not entirely sure about the whole prodding business, but I do know that she'd like me to take more charge in stuff when it comes to organizing stuff to do. Her values are actually pretty traditional when it comes to romance. Part of me wonders whether it's just her being quiet about it, and not wanting to come across as imposing. While this isn't related to type, I'm just wondering how much outside factors such as family upbringing (ESFJ mother) and the fact that she's the oldest of 3 would basically make her adopt the more "I need to be practical, organised and neat" approach even if it's not her natural thing.

PS. Apologies for the long answers and stuff. I just constantly feel like I need to be as comprehensive as possible when providing information, to the extent that it might be overkill.

I agree that she's an Se type if her "what if" thoughts are about tangible things, like "what if that thing hit the glass." Many Se types mistake themselves for Ns, especially NPs because Se types also look for possibilities...it's just that they are more concrete possibilities that are either in the immediate environment, or at least things that are tangible or factual, if being speculative.

She may very well be an ISFP if she's that non-expressive. Not being able to put thoughts-feelings into words is a typical stereotype for an ISFP 9. She really is sounding more and more ISFP 9.

I don't know her personally, of course.

Snow Turtle

I agree that she's an Se type if her "what if" thoughts are about tangible things, like "what if that thing hit the glass." Many Se types mistake themselves for Ns, especially NPs because Se types also look for possibilities...it's just that they are more concrete possibilities that are either in the immediate environment, or at least things that are tangible or factual, if being speculative.

She may very well be an ISFP if she's that non-expressive. Not being able to put thoughts-feelings into words is a typical stereotype for an ISFP 9. She really is sounding more and more ISFP 9.

I don't know her personally, of course.

Yeah. I'll still be on the look out if I change my mind.
ISFP and enneagram 9 sound like such a natural combination, but Fi with enneagram 9 seem relatively contrasted with each other.

I get the feeling that this is one of those situation where she has her own values driving her, but I probably won't really be able to find them out entirely, especially if she's a SX last person.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah. I'll still be on the look out if I change my mind.
ISFP and enneagram 9 sound like such a natural combination, but Fi with enneagram 9 seem relatively contrasted with each other.

I get the feeling that this is one of those situation where she has her own values driving her, but I probably won't really be able to find them out entirely, especially if she's a SX last person.

I'm thinking the possibility is strong now that she's an ISFP, because asking if head-hiding is an evolved trait isn't a "weird" question, in my opinion. However, to someone who rejects Ne, someone with tertiary Ni might seem to ask "weird" questions about things that just happened in the Se environment.

Like JTG1984 is an ISTJ (the one I mentioned above) and he is uber-convinced I am an ISFP, that I'm Se driven, but not an Se dom, and he would ask me very occasionally "where do you get this shit?" and I think in those moments I was using more Ni and his Si was like "fuck you."

Since I'm not a 9, it's hard for me sometimes to understand their motivations, just like it's hard for some people to fathom an ISFP being a counterphobic 6. Like people seem to want me to be ExFP, or Eminem (who is another counterphobic 6 ISFP) people seem to want him to be ISTP, even though he's obviously an Fi type.

In my shoes, just to see
What it's like, to be me
I'll be you, let's trade shoes
Just to see what it'd be like

To feel your pain, you feel mine
Go inside each others' minds
Just to see what we'd find
Look at shit through each others' eyes

Don't let 'em say you ain't beautiful
They can all get fucked, just stay true to you
So don't let 'em say you ain't beautiful
They can all get fucked, just stay true to you

Now this looks like a job for me
So everybody just follow me
'Cause we need a little controversy
'Cause it feels so empty without me

I don't give a damn what you think,
I'm doin this for me, so fuck the world...
I'm not afraid (I'm not afraid)
To take a stand (to take a stand)
Everybody (everybody)
Come take my hand (come take my hand)

If Eminem isn't an Fi dom counterphobic 6w5, I will eat my hat. The 5 wing makes him seem more IxTP-ish and my 7 wing makes me seem more ExFP-ish.

Anyway, just be careful of typing your girlfriend as ISFP BECAUSE she is a 9. I used to make that mistake. Not that ISFPs are all 9s, but that the way a 9 behaves is what an ISFP somehow *is.*

Because it isn't.