User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 38

  1. #21
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I'm thinking the possibility is strong now that she's an ISFP, because asking if head-hiding is an evolved trait isn't a "weird" question, in my opinion. However, to someone who rejects Ne, someone with tertiary Ni might seem to ask "weird" questions about things that just happened in the Se environment.

    Like JTG1984 is an ISTJ (the one I mentioned above) and he is uber-convinced I am an ISFP, that I'm Se driven, but not an Se dom, and he would ask me very occasionally "where do you get this shit?" and I think in those moments I was using more Ni and his Si was like "fuck you."

    Since I'm not a 9, it's hard for me sometimes to understand their motivations, just like it's hard for some people to fathom an ISFP being a counterphobic 6. Like people seem to want me to be ExFP, or Eminem (who is another counterphobic 6 ISFP) people seem to want him to be ISTP, even though he's obviously an Fi type.



    If Eminem isn't an Fi dom counterphobic 6w5, I will eat my hat. The 5 wing makes him seem more IxTP-ish and my 7 wing makes me seem more ExFP-ish.

    Anyway, just be careful of typing your girlfriend as ISFP BECAUSE she is a 9. I used to make that mistake. Not that ISFPs are all 9s, but that the way a 9 behaves is what an ISFP somehow *is.*

    Because it isn't.

    Yeah. But if you watch that video where Eminem talks about how he always thinks about how to re-say words and syllables, and how his toolbox (literally) is filled with lines of his poetry, I think it's pretty obvious he's an ISTP. That doesn't mean his Fi isn't well-developed however. I think maybe that children from extremely dysfunctional families are likely to have relied on Fi and Ni to a large degree.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  2. #22
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Yeah. But if you watch that video where Eminem talks about how he always thinks about how to re-say words and syllables, and how his toolbox (literally) is filled with lines of his poetry, I think it's pretty obvious he's an ISTP. That doesn't mean his Fi isn't well-developed however. I think maybe that children from extremely dysfunctional families are likely to have relied on Fi and Ni to a large degree.

    Ti rejects Fi. Eminem is Fi driven. I am an Fi type and I am a writer, like Eminem. Eminem is being a writer, and an artist, not a Ti dom. He is thinking of how to re-say words and syllables because of how they will SOUND in his songs. That is Se, not Ti word precision. I am a huge Eminem fan and I comprehend exactly what he does, and that is make words either meaningfully or hilariously fit into his rhymes.

    And that comment about toolboxes was just ...lolwut? Could you stereotype a little more please? He's a guy. He has a tool box. Mmmkay.

  3. #23
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai
    Test in 2010
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************* (33.7)
    good use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************* (31.9)
    good use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************* (31.9)
    good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************** (20.6)
    limited use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************** (29.5)
    average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************** (20.5)
    limited use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************ (36)
    good use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.1)
    excellent use

    Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESFP
    These results look just like mine, except I score higher Ni than Ne and lower on both T's. Tests most often say I'm ISFP or ESFJ.

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    estj sounds just fine. lack of planning past a 4-5 months period can very well be connected to a preference for Si vs Ni as creative function.
    Correct. I didn't used to plan as much as I do now and even now I don't always plan. I also know another ESTJ who is a terrible planner, assuming you're comparing him to other great SJ planners, but a really great one if you're comparing him to FP's.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Snow Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    These results look just like mine, except I score higher Ni than Ne and lower on both T's. Tests most often say I'm ISFP or ESFJ.

    Correct. I didn't used to plan as much as I do now and even now I don't always plan. I also know another ESTJ who is a terrible planner, assuming you're comparing him to other great SJ planners, but a really great one if you're comparing him to FP's.
    Actually... That's a good point. I'm a terrible planner when it comes to my day-to-day life which can sometimes leave me in trouble if I haven't given myself enough time to accomplish things. From the outside, one could say that my girlfriend is much more organized than I am in terms of her daily lifestyle, where as I'm just... eh I don't mind, my timetable is pretty flexible. The whole planning aspect to determine type breaks down when it comes to lazy-procrastinating behaviour. It's worse when there's too much free time.

    If she's an SJ. That would mean that I've probably mistype myself. That or I'm so biased to the idea that she's different to me, that I can't really accept the idea that she's an ISFJ too. Wouldn't be too weird though, I know like 2-3 ISFJs... and they're all pretty different to each other.

  5. #25
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Actually... That's a good point. I'm a terrible planner when it comes to my day-to-day life which can sometimes leave me in trouble if I haven't given myself enough time to accomplish things. From the outside, one could say that my girlfriend is much more organized than I am in terms of her daily lifestyle, where as I'm just... eh I don't mind, my timetable is pretty flexible. The whole planning aspect to determine type breaks down when it comes to lazy-procrastinating behaviour. It's worse when there's too much free time.

    If she's an SJ. That would mean that I've probably mistype myself. That or I'm so biased to the idea that she's different to me, that I can't really accept the idea that she's an ISFJ too. Wouldn't be too weird though, I know like 2-3 ISFJs... and they're all pretty different to each other.
    Well her external organization of her world probably means she might be an ISTJ then. That's Te, that's why her Te is so high. ISTJs can be 9w1, JTG is. And they can seem ISFP-ish if they're in an Si/Fi loop.

    You know what's weird, is that my ISTJ grandfather would sometimes reply "oh nothing" when I was asking what he was thinking about, and I think that's a way ISTJs may protect their tertiary Fi, which is a lot more childlike than an FP, so they often try to protect it, but it still affects them more than it would for an ExTJ.

    You could be ISFJ and lack her need for control of her external environment. SFJs can be messy, contrary to popular belief, if they haven't learned order as part of their personal Si. No Te.

  6. #26
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Ti rejects Fi. Eminem is Fi driven. I am an Fi type and I am a writer, like Eminem. Eminem is being a writer, and an artist, not a Ti dom. He is thinking of how to re-say words and syllables because of how they will SOUND in his songs. That is Se, not Ti word precision. I am a huge Eminem fan and I comprehend exactly what he does, and that is make words either meaningfully or hilariously fit into his rhymes.

    And that comment about toolboxes was just ...lolwut? Could you stereotype a little more please? He's a guy. He has a tool box. Mmmkay.

    Wow. You are quite full of yourself, no? Not the Marmie I remember. But I guess you got quite the persona going later on....after I checked out of the forum for a while.


    If Ti isn't Thinking constantly to oneself about how a word sounds best to fit in to a song, and to create new songs, I don't know what it is. That is not Se. Se would be (might be) stumbling upon new words in literature or songs or in the world and noticing them.


    I appreciate the toolbox for the symbolism for an ISTPs tools. Eminem's tools are his words. I'm a huge Eminem fan too, mostly of his later stuff. I don't think being a fan or not makes one adept at typing others.


    Ciao.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  7. #27
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Wow. You are quite full of yourself, no? Not the Marmie I remember. But I guess you got quite the persona going later on....after I checked out of the forum for a while.


    If Ti isn't Thinking constantly to oneself about how a word sounds best to fit in to a song, and to create new songs, I don't know what it is. That is not Se. Se would be (might be) stumbling upon new words in literature or songs or in the world and noticing them.


    I appreciate the toolbox for the symbolism for an ISTPs tools. Eminem's tools are his words. I'm a huge Eminem fan too, mostly of his later stuff. I don't think being a fan or not makes one adept at typing others.


    Ciao.
    Haha...I'm full of myself? I wasn't rude enough to tell you how insane you were being when you were stalking that INTJ guy last fall, or when you made a thread in the graveyard insulting people who were trying to help you when you were trying to leave the forum, did I? No. But I did just now, since you personally chose to go there. I've always been nice and supportive to you.

    It's just that I know more about personality theory than you do, and literally saying ISTPs have tool boxes is the height of absurdity, it's like saying all ESFJs are literally mothers.

  8. #28
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    hahahahahahhahaha. me stalk the intj? LOLOLOL


    You go Girl.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  9. #29
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    hahahahahahhahaha. me stalk the intj? LOLOLOL


    You go Girl.
    Everybody could read your blog.

  10. #30
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Does that bother you?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


Similar Threads

  1. another what's my friend's type thread
    By prplchknz in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-18-2012, 02:15 PM
  2. What Is My Sister's Type?
    By FallaciaSonata in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 09:37 PM
  3. What's My Brother's Type?
    By Glycerine in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-24-2008, 07:16 AM
  4. What's my Niece's type?
    By thinknlarge in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 06:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO